Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Strabane  0-11 1-8 Fintona    ::) Fintona finding sum form?

Killyman  2-11 0-18 Augher      :-\ Killyman been close in their last couple of games, close won't keep them up thou

Eglish  0-13 0-6 Urney    :D all away games not gonna be easy now!

Moortown  0-5 0-11 Greencastle     :o :o :o doggy tatics obviously working again, Gcasle negative team but producing results

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Some very interesting results last night in 1A - Big result for Carmen at the top and huge result for Aygharan and Omagh at the bottom - Donaghmore are a good side and they seem to have been overpowered in Aygharan.

orangeman

The Tyrone GAA site is wrong - the points were not and have not been concended against Omagh - If we lose them in a committee room, they will be contested - Dromore would not agree to a change of date either before Friday or after Friday - so it will be interesting to see how this story goes. See where player welfare comes in !

KIDDO

At the moment the points have been awarded to Dromore,  and it is up  to Ardboe to try to reclaim them.

ziggysego

Quote from: longball on July 07, 2007, 09:43:21 AM
Moortown  0-5 0-11 Greencastle     :o :o :o doggy tatics obviously working again, Gcasle negative team but producing results

Jesus sir, you're sounding awfully like a member of the southern media there! ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Why would Dromore not play us next week Kiddo or indeed last Wednesday or Thursday night ? There's plenty of time all year to play the match all year ! Every team that have asked us for a change this year have been accommodated !

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore played very well last night but i would be worried aboutthe amount of chances they missed. Coalisland should have been out of sight at half time instead of being level at 0-3 each. Kevin Gormley and Kieran McCartan in the full backline were outstanding while the halfback line was its usual strong self. Indeed Curly McAleer was replace at half time, i assume injured, but Paul Hughes is a fairly good replacememnt in any team. It is a real testiment to our younger lads that he is being kept out of the team. Up front Kevin McNally was outstanding while Brendan Martin was excellent as well. How many men could play brilliantly in corner back one week and excell in top of the left the next. Errigal will win this years championship at a canter me thinks!

All this talk of reseve championships: My brother told me that Carrickmore (not sure of the years) were forced to play reseve championship finals the night before senior championship games against teams who were already eliminated from the senior championship. On both occasions players played in both games, i know Raymond Munroe and Barry McElduff were two, but there were others. Carmen were beat in the senior games on both occasions. Slaves would not be at it. If the county board though anything of the players Ardboe and Clonoe would have had no senior league game this weekend. Dungannon were good enough to change their game with Clonoe to Thursday night so i think that Dromore must take a share of the blame here too.

Norf Tyrone

What's the rush in playing off the senior reserve final so soon?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Over the Bar

QuoteCarrickmore played very well last night but i would be worried aboutthe amount of chances they missed.

Yes.  They won't get away with that in the Championship!  :P

orangeman

Clonoe beat us tonight by 1-12 to 1-06 -

KIDDO

On the basis of this result, perhaps Ardboe would have been better coming to Dromore last night.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: KIDDO on July 07, 2007, 10:52:33 PM
On the basis of this result, perhaps Ardboe would have been better coming to Dromore last night.

Perhaps you haven't read the rest of this thread, but one of your fellow poster's points was the concern for player welfare. Two games in 24 hours wouldn't be advisable.

Can't believe the disdain you've shown towards the reserve championship earlier in the thread also. Playing reserve finals, grade 4 minors, or whatever level is as important for those playing as an O'Neill Cup or a 1A top of the table clash is to the people playing in that. We all have our own attainable targets, our own dreams...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

orangeman

Kiddo - enough of your auld smart comments - now tell us all the truth - why wouldn't Dromore agree to change the match to another date ? You may not be the manager but you seem to have all the answers ? So come on Kiddo ! Enlighten us - your club refused to play it last week and any night next week - now why ???

midnightcaller

I heard from a source that the game was called of so that KIDDO/Sludden was refereeing a different game! Therefore to enable him to watch the match Dromore refused to switch the game.. knowing Arboe woudnt travel and therefore the game wud not be played!

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: midnightcaller on July 08, 2007, 09:20:16 PM
I heard from a source that the game was called of so that KIDDO/Sludden was refereeing a different game! Therefore to enable him to watch the match Dromore refused to switch the game.. knowing Arboe woudnt travel and therefore the game wud not be played!

Has to be a wind-up - or else it's the daftest post that's ever been on these forums