Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: on the sideline on December 11, 2011, 05:49:22 PM
Much word of managerial appointments across the county?

Its been rather quiet, most clubs would like to make an appointment made sometime soon for the new manager to plan for the season ahead.  What are the big jobs available?
Living the dream!!!

EC Unique

Errigal, if you still count it a big job, is still open.

rrhf

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: EC Unique on December 12, 2011, 10:41:17 AM
Errigal, if you still count it a big job, is still open.

Errigal
Ardboe
Eglish
Moy
Cookstown
Derrytresk?? (I hear there management team have been approached by a few clubs)
Coalisland

Are these all vacant?
Living the dream!!!

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore is vacant as well, although the way things are going with emmigrations and retirements the dressing rooms will be vacant at training as well!

Radda bout yeee

Kildress is vacant. I wonder will anyone fancy it after promotion. Horse has galloped on to greener pastures in south derry!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on December 12, 2011, 11:33:23 AM
Kildress is vacant. I wonder will anyone fancy it after promotion. Horse has galloped on to greener pastures in south derry!

Who is horse over now?  Thought he may have been a candidate for the Ardboe post.  Kildress will be a tough ask for any manager, depending on club expectations.  More than capable of holding their own in division 1 though.
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Strange one Radda...thought Horse wouldve stayed with them in Senior football.

KillyClogher- they had an interim mgmt last year after mulgrews departure, heard they werent staying on?

Dromore-  is mcivor not away to Derry minors?

Omagh - think crozier is gone if my sources are correct..going internal for a replacement.

Whos called it a day in carmen Roddy - the McCallans?

Tommo2

Seems to be a large number of high profile positions to be filled. I heard Horse and Mark Harte are the new management team at Bellaghy.

Kieran Howe is still the Killyclogher manager.

Will more clubs be filling the managerial position in-house given the financial constraints.

Wee Roddy

Off the Carrickmore team that started against Clonoe this year 8 starters and 2 who caame on as subs will be gone. Out of the defence alone only Michael Slane remains!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 12, 2011, 11:36:58 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on December 12, 2011, 11:33:23 AM

Who is horse over now?  Thought he may have been a candidate for the Ardboe post.  Kildress will be a tough ask for any manager, depending on club expectations.  More than capable of holding their own in division 1 though.

Over Bellaghy I believe. Obviously Kildress were keen to keep him but he was keen to go. I think Ardboe people (for the second year running) thought he was heading to the Rossa's.
Expectations would be to stay up I imagine - anything else like an extended championship run for example would be a bonus. The senior team is in transition at the minute and if they could hold onto senior status for a year or two... theres a fairly good crop of players coming through.

Sounds like Carmen are losing alot of players however decisions can often be made hastily in autumn and by the time spring comes you have more than you thought lining out for the first league game.

Wee Roddy

In fairness Gaby had to be coaxed back this year so he is away anyway. One guy has transfered to a dublin club already and four have flights booked for oz or have left already. There is only talk of 2 retirements that i have heard off and i dont think big plunket is one of them!!

EC Unique

No retirements in Errigal that I am aware of although we have lost a few to austraila. Have heard very little of who might take over as manager but I hope it is an inside man.

Tyrone Gaa

I heard whispers that clonoe have lost a few to retirement, I immediately thought maybe burke, brady, coney but was in shock when I heard 1 of the players to retire is Emmet Teague, obviously they will try to change his mind
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 12, 2011, 01:28:08 PM
Off the Carrickmore team that started against Clonoe this year 8 starters and 2 who caame on as subs will be gone. Out of the defence alone only Michael Slane remains!

Who are the 10  Roddy?  only heard a couple heading off but no retirements