Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Yep. With Club Tyrone and the development squads on the go for a good few years now, the board will expect annual return.

Yet, I still think this is a landmark statement. It's a sign that Tyrone are now thinking along the lines of an English soccer club. Success on all fronts or questions are asked. 20 years ago, an Ulster senior title and McKenna Cup final appearance was a tremendously successful year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Man Marker

Quote from: ONeill on December 08, 2010, 08:49:32 PM
Yep. With Club Tyrone and the development squads on the go for a good few years now, the board will expect annual return.

Yet, I still think this is a landmark statement. It's a sign that Tyrone are now thinking along the lines of an English soccer club. Success on all fronts or questions are asked. 20 years ago, an Ulster senior title and McKenna Cup final appearance was a tremendously successful year.

Thats the first time I can remember an outspoken attack on Mickey harte from the County Board, plain and simple. Don't forget our cash drainer in the new county training grounds as well to be considered. The start of the end for Mickey might this be seen when we look back on 24 months time. As the previous manager might see it as long runs the fox.

ONeill

"...there was an ominous opinion that the Tyrone senior team had simply grown old, lacked ideas and leaders, and had run out of energy."

Not sure if it's a county secretary's place to voice those sentiments though.

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on December 08, 2010, 09:51:03 PM
"...there was an ominous opinion that the Tyrone senior team had simply grown old, lacked ideas and leaders, and had run out of energy."

Not sure if it's a county secretary's place to voice those sentiments though.

He may live to regret it  ;)

EC Unique

Mmm. I doubt if Harte will take this laying down. A bit out of order IMO for this to be included in his speech but we will wait and see. I expect he will be put back in his box by the triple all Ireland winning manager!

ONeill

It is a daggered attack on Harte. I've no knowledge of an historical grievance between the two, so it's a blast from the blue. But where does McCaughey gain his perceptive tactical knowledge from? Has he won countless titles as manager at all levels from club to county? He voices some of our concerns but we also have a man in place who is well capable of addressing such supposed worries.

Puckoon

ziggysego

Bit of a strange one alright, to be coming out with. Maybe he's just providing Harte with the them v us mentality he needs to win Sam in 2011 ;)
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Dominic is the only other man in Tyrone with the influence of Harte.  Its an interesting one alright.  I would give credit for Tyrones success as much at Mc Caugheys door as anyone in Tyrone football.  He has been the continuim from 86.  When he talks it is for a reason and we should all listen, a shrewd  forward thinking man who has the ability to be more ruthless than most to get his way and ultimately the best for Tyrone football. In other words, If Harte dosent build a new team with the resources available to him in 2011....   

KIDDO 4

The following players are requested to attend minor trials on Monday evening in the MUSA, Cookstown at 7pm:

Kevin O'Gorman (Aghaloo), John McAuley (Ardboe), Michael Cassidy (Ardboe), Sean Hackett (Augher), Jonathan Munroe (An Charraig Mhór), Martin Gervin (Brackaville), Stephen Kelly (Cappagh), Mark Bradley (Cappagh), Pauric Donnelly (Clonoe), Daniel McNulty (Clonoe), Ryan McCourt (Clonoe), Ciaran Blake (Cookstown), Ruairi Mullan (Cookstown), Barry Potter (Cookstown), Padraig Hampsey (Coalisland), Tiernan Hampsey (Coalisland), Colm McRory (Dromore), Tomas McCarron (Dromore), Colm Corrigan (Dungannon), Sean Molloy (Dungannon), James Kennedy (Derrylaughan), Mark Robinson (Derrylaughan), Matthew Jones (Eglish), Micheal McCann (Errigal Ciaran), Philip Barker (Eglish), Paul O'Hagan (Galbally), Neil Hagan (Galbally), Cahir McCullagh (Greencastle), Daire Martin (Killeeshil), Matthew Heagney (Kildress), Conor McAleer (Kildress), Niall Donaghy (Loughmacrory), Mark McReynolds (Naomh Mhuire), Darren McCurry (Naomh Mhuire), Enda McGahan (Naomh Mhuire), Connor Mallon (Naomh Mhuire), Ryan Mayse (Newtownstewart), Ryan McShane (Owen Roe's), Nigel Brannigan (Omagh), Ciaran McLaughlin (Omagh), Ruairi Bradley (Omagh), Cormac O'Neill (Omagh), Sean Quinn (Pomeroy), Brendan Burns (Pomeroy), Micheál Mills (Pomeroy), Kieran McGeary (Pomeroy), John Loughran (Pomeroy), Mark McAleer (Rock), Aidan McGarrity (Rock), Ryan Devlin (Stewartstown), Niall Dillon (Stewartstown), Cathal Devlin (Stewartstown), Ryan McElroy (Strabane), Ben McGillion (Strabane), Shane McGonigle (Strabane), Rory Brennan (Trillick).

LeoMc

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 08, 2010, 01:15:17 PM
He's not that impressed with the footballers either;

McCaughey also bemoans the performances of the Tyrone footballers in the NFL, labelling them "the poorest in more than a decade".

"Probably the most depressing aspect of the defeats in the 2010 league was the generally poor performances, and the startling collapse of the team in significantly lengthy phases in all games," he adds.

"Despite the infusion of a number of youthful, energetic and enthusiastic players to the ranks, there was an ominous opinion that the Tyrone senior team had simply grown old, lacked ideas and leaders, and had run out of energy."

McCaughey goes on to state that these sentiments were addressed when they won another Ulster title in July, but then notes that they were defeated in the All-Ireland quarter-final by "a fairly modest Dublin team".

"Many observers, with the benefit of hindsight, were of the opinion that Tyrone got its tactics for dealing with Dublin wrong in this game, though it could also be argued that the Croke Park woodwork and the rebounding of one ball into the hands of a Dublin forward -- who scored the only goal of the game -- was the determining factor in its outcome."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/tyrone-secretary-mccaughey-slams-lazy-hurlers-2452073.html

With the benefit of hindisght I could have won Wednesdays Lotto.

barelegs

I'm hearing Derrylaughan beat Errigal in the under 21 championship quarter final. Haven't got a scoreline though

Edit: Just heard was 1-9 to 0-8. Some result for Derrylaughan to go to Dunmoyle and beat Errigal in their own backyard

ziggysego

Any word on the Omagh Ladies game this afternoon?
Testing Accessibility

TYRONE HACK

I heard it was a draw, no extra time played and by all accounts the pitch was a spud field, very poor for an all Ireland final. Dont know any details re who done what though and if there was many at it. surely the crowd would have been down with the minors match on as well. any reports on both please

Club Rossa

Not at all surprised that Derrylaughan beat Errigal today.They played very well against Ardboe in the group game and only lost by a point and could easily have beaten us.A good few of them will have been playing for their seniors this year and that would have stood to them too.

Eglish,i believe are the same,a good number of them also playing senior football.2 good semi finals in store now.