Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Clublad on December 02, 2010, 09:18:01 PM
The season is over. Thank f**k to get a break. Back to the slogging in January and hoping its not a waste of good time like going out of the championship in June.

What about the county when are they back out? Any new recruits for Mickey? Some could follow Ryan Mellons footsteps and leave the panel, guys that are just making up numbers for Harte. Hope Enda McGinley returns he had a good league final, and so did Paul Quinn. Will he come back. While on the sbject of the league final Coalisland had very good displays from Petey McGahan, Stephen McNally and Niall Kerr, but heard that when Harte went looking them on 3 different occassions they were drinking in the Mill Court. Harte wont be back for them as they will drink all winter.

Harte should take Saturday nights off this time of the year and let the players do the same.

bigtogs

Quote from: on the sideline on December 02, 2010, 09:43:59 PM
Have many clubs appointed managers for next year yet?
I hear killyman need a new manager!!

Zapatista

Just got a text-

England mustn't have signed up to Gervaghey :D

TYRONE HACK

Couple of questions, when is the Tyrone convention, is the Omagh ladies game fixed again, I heard nothing about it anywhere and will there be Tyrone games next weekend

viiv

The convention is Tuesday 14th in Donaghmore as as far as I know.

KIDDO 4

Saturday 11th December @ 2pm

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2 Semi Final @ Mid Ulster Sports Arena

Rock v Brackaville

(In the event of a draw extra time will be played)

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 1 Quarter Final

Errigal Ciaran v Derrylaughan

LeoMc

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on December 05, 2010, 10:45:27 PM
Saturday 11th December @ 2pm

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2 Semi Final @ Mid Ulster Sports Arena

Rock v Brackaville

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 1 Quarter Final

Errigal Ciaran v Derrylaughan

When did these competitions start to only be at the quarterfinal stage? That means there are still 5-8 teams training away now at the beginning of December with at least 3 more weeks to run the competition off.

I would say alot of those lads are already into the 2011 season at colleges level. Are u-21's not the players who need to be focused upon to avoid burnout?

tyroneboi

I would be very surprised if any of the teams still involved are actually training for it. The U21 competition has long been the poor relation in Tyrone football - either the county board put it on at a better time of year or just scrap it altogether.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

:-X

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=139390&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Lazy" Tyrone hurlers blasted
07 December 2010

Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey has launched an astonishing attack on the county's senior hurlers, branding them as a "lazy group".

In his report to next weekend's county convention, McCaughey reflects on a "depressing" season for the Red Hands hurlers who lost nine out of 10 competitive games this year.

He said: "The statistics associated with the activities of the Tyrone senior hurling team for 2010 make very depressing reading: playing 10 games, won one and lost nine.

"Behind the statistics the lack of activity was even worse, while at the same time, not being much different from many other recent years. The difficulties can best be described as circular. Players do not wish to undertake training, laying the blame on the quality of managers/trainers that are available.

"As players do not wish to train, the message going out to potential managers is that Tyrone hurlers could be classified as a lazy group, and therefore self-respecting managers do not wish to become involved.

"Players that do not train, or do not train together as a panel, cannot play as a team or be classified as a team, they cannot seriously expect to win games."

McCaughey praised manager Tony Fawl whose dedication to the job, he says, ensured that Tyrone were able to fulfil all their fixtures.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

tyroneboi

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 07, 2010, 06:29:28 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on December 07, 2010, 12:59:22 AM
I would be very surprised if any of the teams still involved are actually training for it. The U21 competition has long been the poor relation in Tyrone football - either the county board put it on at a better time of year or just scrap it altogether.
The competition needs a complete revamp at this stage, but to be honest I'm not sure what should be done? Looking at a few other Ulster counties a winter/early year competition around February or March could be an option.

That would probably be the best option. It could easily be run off in a month if it was a straight knock out competition.

ONeill

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on December 07, 2010, 11:19:47 AM
:-X

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=139390&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Lazy" Tyrone hurlers blasted
07 December 2010

Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey has launched an astonishing attack on the county's senior hurlers, branding them as a "lazy group".

In his report to next weekend's county convention, McCaughey reflects on a "depressing" season for the Red Hands hurlers who lost nine out of 10 competitive games this year.

He said: "The statistics associated with the activities of the Tyrone senior hurling team for 2010 make very depressing reading: playing 10 games, won one and lost nine.

"Behind the statistics the lack of activity was even worse, while at the same time, not being much different from many other recent years. The difficulties can best be described as circular. Players do not wish to undertake training, laying the blame on the quality of managers/trainers that are available.

"As players do not wish to train, the message going out to potential managers is that Tyrone hurlers could be classified as a lazy group, and therefore self-respecting managers do not wish to become involved.

"Players that do not train, or do not train together as a panel, cannot play as a team or be classified as a team, they cannot seriously expect to win games."

McCaughey praised manager Tony Fawl whose dedication to the job, he says, ensured that Tyrone were able to fulfil all their fixtures.

Sweeping statement though I suppose he's saying that's how they'd be perceived by managers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

He's not that impressed with the footballers either;

McCaughey also bemoans the performances of the Tyrone footballers in the NFL, labelling them "the poorest in more than a decade".

"Probably the most depressing aspect of the defeats in the 2010 league was the generally poor performances, and the startling collapse of the team in significantly lengthy phases in all games," he adds.

"Despite the infusion of a number of youthful, energetic and enthusiastic players to the ranks, there was an ominous opinion that the Tyrone senior team had simply grown old, lacked ideas and leaders, and had run out of energy."

McCaughey goes on to state that these sentiments were addressed when they won another Ulster title in July, but then notes that they were defeated in the All-Ireland quarter-final by "a fairly modest Dublin team".

"Many observers, with the benefit of hindsight, were of the opinion that Tyrone got its tactics for dealing with Dublin wrong in this game, though it could also be argued that the Croke Park woodwork and the rebounding of one ball into the hands of a Dublin forward -- who scored the only goal of the game -- was the determining factor in its outcome."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/tyrone-secretary-mccaughey-slams-lazy-hurlers-2452073.html

Gaffer

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 08, 2010, 01:15:17 PM
He's not that impressed with the footballers either;

McCaughey also bemoans the performances of the Tyrone footballers in the NFL, labelling them "the poorest in more than a decade".

"Probably the most depressing aspect of the defeats in the 2010 league was the generally poor performances, and the startling collapse of the team in significantly lengthy phases in all games," he adds.

"Despite the infusion of a number of youthful, energetic and enthusiastic players to the ranks, there was an ominous opinion that the Tyrone senior team had simply grown old, lacked ideas and leaders, and had run out of energy."

McCaughey goes on to state that these sentiments were addressed when they won another Ulster title in July, but then notes that they were defeated in the All-Ireland quarter-final by "a fairly modest Dublin team".

"Many observers, with the benefit of hindsight, were of the opinion that Tyrone got its tactics for dealing with Dublin wrong in this game, though it could also be argued that the Croke Park woodwork and the rebounding of one ball into the hands of a Dublin forward -- who scored the only goal of the game -- was the determining factor in its outcome."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/tyrone-secretary-mccaughey-slams-lazy-hurlers-2452073.html

A real dig at Harte or what !!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Fairly outspoken. The bar has been raised I suppose. The county board now demands success.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on December 08, 2010, 05:49:37 PM
Fairly outspoken. The bar has been raised I suppose. The county board now demands success.

I suppose when you consider the cost involved in preparing and running the teams, flack the co board get from clubs with respect to player unavailability, fixture disruption etc then you can understand why.