Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Looks like Cookstown could get to the semi final or final of the championship and still get relegated - what do you think ?

hoganstandman

The game was not the talking point ardboe and Galbally men fought, the referee walked, Ardboe were a point up with 8 minutes to go, the referee eventually returned to the pitch threw the ball in and blew the final whistle and called it a draw.  There were players half togged in when the referee through the ball in.  He declared a draw when the sides werent level.   Another bad day for the Ardboe club and Tyrone football in general.  Surely neither these teams deserve a point and surely suspensions are called for. its one rule in Derry one rule in Tyrone.  Wheres the campaign today Orangeman?  Cant blame Francie Mooney when this one breaks?   

hoganstandman

also  a classic case of commenting on every other thread but ignoring the main talking point this morning in Tyrone football.  Orangeman - you have been on Mooneys back for 2 weeks now, Its your chance to report the facts truthfully or get off your high horse and admit you were wrong.  Put up or shut up!

Quarterback

Quote from: hoganstandman on June 04, 2007, 10:13:26 AM
The game was not the talking point ardboe and Galbally men fought, the referee walked, Ardboe were a point up with 8 minutes to go, the referee eventually returned to the pitch threw the ball in and blew the final whistle and called it a draw.  There were players half togged in when the referee through the ball in.  He declared a draw when the sides werent level.   Another bad day for the Ardboe club and Tyrone football in general.  Surely neither these teams deserve a point and surely suspensions are called for. its one rule in Derry one rule in Tyrone.  Wheres the campaign today Orangeman?  Cant blame Francie Mooney when this one breaks?   

Dude get ur facts right befor u open youy blabber....first of all ardbo were not a point up, the game was level....galbally had just scored a goal 1-10 to 1-10....so your first point is bullshit.  I was there i seen it all so get ur facts straight befor opening your mouth!!!

amongthebushes

hoganstandman, you obviously werent at the game, because if you were, you would know that the score was 1-10 each when the scuffle broke out. If the fighting was that bad then why were both teams taking team together after the match watching the meath v dublin match. It was a good game, played in tough conditions, hard hitting and tackling given and taken by boh teams. A point each was a fair result.

orangeman

The game ended in a draw - simple - look at the Irish News - 1-10 to 1-10 - and Francie Mooney reported shite for about 2 weeks after the Dromore game about riots and supporters getting involved etc . And after Brian Mc Guigan got busted, he reported a week after it that he'd make the Ulster final - so why not talk about Mooney and his sensational reporting ?
Obviously you're another who doesn't particularly care about the Rossas and would love to see them fall from grace  !
What club do you belong to anyway ?

hoganstandman

I have every sympathy and my own club has been a victim of misreporting in the past, but I have no interest in Ardboe at all actually,  i just think theres one rule for Derry footballers, one rule for Tyrone footballers and Im sick to the teeth.  If im wrong i retract it all, but my source was at the game.   

orangeman

I'm very sorry Hoganstandman - but I was at the match - the game was played between two fully committed teams - there was a minor scuffle with seconds  to go and the game was a draw 1-10 to 1-10 at that stage and the referee finished the game - honestly any reports you hear to the contrary are wrong - Your reports are very very wide of the mark - and Mooney is a shit stirrer and printed rubbish for 2 weeks solid -
The match ended in a draw - simple - end of the story.

loughshore lad

Quote from: hoganstandman on June 04, 2007, 10:46:40 AM
I have every sympathy and my own club has been a victim of misreporting in the past, but I have no interest in Ardboe at all actually,  i just think theres one rule for Derry footballers, one rule for Tyrone footballers and Im sick to the teeth.  If im wrong i retract it all, but my source was at the game.   

Hogansatndman your point has absolutely no relevance at all. Paddy Bradley got suspended because he approached the referee and made physical contact with him. In the case of the two incidents involving Ardboe recently the referee was not touched in any way, both times they moved freely off the pitch and were not touched by anyone. In one case the referee wealked off and didnt finish the game, yesterday the referee felt the game could be finished. Both teams shook hands after the game and walked off together, the Galbally players and officials were invited back for refreshments after the game and were more than welcome.
The facts are the game was a draw, a scuffle broke out, the ref left the pitch untouched by anyone, the scuffle was sorted out, the ref came back out of his own free will and the match was completed.

hoganstandman

Was there long played after the ball was thrown in though? 

Quarterback

Quote from: hoganstandman on June 04, 2007, 11:09:59 AM

Had u have been at the game your would have known!!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Quarterback on June 04, 2007, 11:24:03 AM
Quote from: hoganstandman on June 04, 2007, 11:09:59 AM

Had u have been at the game your would have known!!

My thoughts exactly quarterback. Paul Rafferty had a good game for yourselves yesterday, to be honest he consistently plays well every time I see him. Has he ever been given a try out with the county?

Over the Bar

QuoteWas there long played after the ball was thrown in though?  

lol.  Seems like you are trying to find an escape route out of this one.  Talk about clutching at straws!  ::)

orangeman

Look lads - stop replying to Hoganstand man - he's a disgruntled Paddy Bradley fan who doesn't like any Tyrone success - so let's cut off the oxygen please -

hoganstandman

not really.  ive just checked with my source (work) and he said that he left when the referee retired to the dressing room and he believed that there was a point in it.  When the game restarted (after he left) the other team must have got a great equalising point.  Anyway its happened its over and done with, there was no major incident at all whatsoever in Ardboe.  and the referee didnt just throw the ball up in the air and blow the final whsitle with 8 mins to go.  He played that game to a finish without a shadow of a doubt.  As for PB its just not fair.