Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

healypark

Quote from: healypark on October 31, 2009, 12:40:08 AM
Quote from: ceol agus peil on October 30, 2009, 10:09:45 PM
Correct ziggy. U-16 final finished up Omagh 4-19 to Cookstown 1-5. 2 Omagh players sent off along with one Cookstown player. Omagh now 4 in a row champions at juvenile level.

Congrats to An Omaigh U-16s team and mgt. Complete performance! Further congrats to one of the u16 players who won a u-16 double, u-18 double & u21 double in the same year.

League final was a tasty affair towards the end. Errigal's second goal seemed to be controversial which ignited the fuse. the row at full time pre extra time was unsavoury! Players, subs, even mgt. PC was having a 'swinging' time during it!!!!
correct myself - no u21 double... 8)

healypark

Quote from: randomtask on October 31, 2009, 12:38:06 AM
some very unpleasant scenes tonight, did any one see the lad who ran on the pitch and hit Adrian o Donnell an almighty chop, he was sent flying about 5 yards. Alothough very refreshing to see two sides going hell for leather and showing great determination and commitment to win.

was it a carrickmore sub or supporter that hit o'donnell? he was dressed in full tracksuit gear. no place for such an action, but it was some strike all the same in front view of the stand.

despite 7 men sent off ( :o) the ref done well. what else he is expected to do. the second goal for errigal was called by his umpire. 

randomtask

also the ball for the second goal was defiantly out

randomtask

Quote from: healypark on October 31, 2009, 12:47:34 AM
Quote from: randomtask on October 31, 2009, 12:38:06 AM
some very unpleasant scenes tonight, did any one see the lad who ran on the pitch and hit Adrian o Donnell an almighty chop, he was sent flying about 5 yards. Alothough very refreshing to see two sides going hell for leather and showing great determination and commitment to win.

was it a carrickmore sub or supporter that hit o'donnell? he was dressed in full tracksuit gear. no place for such an action, but it was some strike all the same in front view of the stand.

despite 7 men sent off ( :o) the ref done well. what else he is expected to do. the second goal for errigal was called by his umpire.

im pretty sure he was wearing jeans, the carrickmore fans were fairly giving sludden some abuse from where i was placed.

redcard

the ball in ball out goal incident sparked the whole game into life. great entertainment after that. Thats two entertaining games or 4 if you count the juvenile matches on my last two visits to healy park. did anyone see the errigle player grab the linesman by the throat during the row.

Zapatista

Anyone notice Jerome Quinn at it?

DCR

Has Ciaran McLaughlin failed on a Key Objective ?

the processor

Quote from: orangeman on October 30, 2009, 11:44:05 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on October 30, 2009, 11:41:03 PM
Pearse Cunningham & Gaby McCallen off for Carmen in the row along with Ronan McRory and Enda McGinley for Errigal. How Oz stayed on the field for his transgressions in the melee I'll never know. Derrygonnelly all over again.

The game itself was very pedestrian and not particularly entertaining until the controversial Errigal goal a couple of minutes from time to put them a point up. After that it was a different kettle of fish - hard hitting, players fully committed and with a wee bit of treachery thrown in it was like the Errigal v Carmen battles of old.

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 30, 2009, 10:20:24 PM
It's late at night to be playing football, must be some sort of record.

From memory, I have a notion the Dromore v Carmen replay in 06 went on later.

You're right - it was nearer 11 before it was over.

was we peter swinging

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 14, 2009, 05:01:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 14, 2009, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 14, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
I see that the natives up in Derry are at it again. When are you going to sort this out. By all accounts this was a major free for all with much blood spilled and injuries. This must stop immediately.
What the disciplinary board should do is bann the victors from the final and the losers should be banned from next year's championship and people will soon start realising that violence just wont work. I also hear that the county chairman is from one of the clubs.

Nothing new for Derry club football..

and where are you from?not tyrone by any chance?errigal ciaran your club?hmm how did your club come to being again?your some craic,and dont get me started on some of your matches,errigal v carmen springs to mind

the above quotes were made 6 weeks ago by my friend EC
should know not to open your mouth to soon EC because it will always come back to bite you on the ass.i even predicted the teams.

to the sensible tyrone posters on this thread please dont take offence just throwin some crap into EC unique face

LeoMc

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on October 31, 2009, 09:08:45 AM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 14, 2009, 05:01:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 14, 2009, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 14, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
I see that the natives up in Derry are at it again. When are you going to sort this out. By all accounts this was a major free for all with much blood spilled and injuries. This must stop immediately.
What the disciplinary board should do is bann the victors from the final and the losers should be banned from next year's championship and people will soon start realising that violence just wont work. I also hear that the county chairman is from one of the clubs.

Nothing new for Derry club football..

and where are you from?not tyrone by any chance?errigal ciaran your club?hmm how did your club come to being again?your some craic,and dont get me started on some of your matches,errigal v carmen springs to mind

the above quotes were made 6 weeks ago by my friend EC
should know not to open your mouth to soon EC because it will always come back to bite you on the ass.i even predicted the teams.

to the sensible tyrone posters on this thread please dont take offence just throwin some crap into EC unique face
;D ;D ;D None taken. I remember reading that quote on your (the Derry) board a few weeks ago and was thinking he was setting himself up for a fall.

LeoMc

A high stakes game between Errigal and Carrickmore on a heavy pitch in poor conditions with a controversial goal, it is easy to see how tempers would fray and a row could kick off. I would not read too much into the row itself, mainly hand-bags and posturing and dragging men out but according to various posters we had:
A carmen sub or supporter running on and hitting a player
An Errigal player assaulting a ref
Management involved in the brawl.
Those would not be so easy to ignore.

Hoof Hearted

there isn't a county in Ireland who hasn't had incidents to deal with throughout the season, thats why i couldnt believe it when someone from another county hijacked the Derry thread to give out about what happened in the county semi-final. You would think his county had angels playing every week. You dont win All Irelands, especially 3 in 6 seasons, with angels on a team.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Zapatista

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 31, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
there isn't a county in Ireland who hasn't had incidents to deal with throughout the season, thats why i couldnt believe it when someone from another county hijacked the Derry thread to give out about what happened in the county semi-final. You would think his county had angels playing every week. You dont win All Irelands, especially 3 in 6 seasons, with angels on a team.

We never claimed to have Angels but we did have God.

Hoof Hearted

well judging from the reports from last night, God aint no angel either !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Winnie Peg

Is it true that the riot in the Derry semi final was swept under the carpet as the county chairman was from one of the clubs?