Sad news re Derry player's brother

Started by Declan, April 20, 2009, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshoregirl

Very sad news indeed. RIP.
His life support was turned off earlier today . He carried a donor card and there was a doctor who flew in from England this morning.
A tragic loss of life at only 31 years of age.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on April 20, 2009, 02:58:32 PM
Just terrible.

Have been out there a few times, generally a bad atmopshere.

Havent been in Cookstown in years but i know a few fellas were in that nightclub around Christmas time and they reckon it is full of young fellas that think they are BA Baracus spoiling for trouble.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

loughshoregirl

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 20, 2009, 02:13:37 PM
Quote from: the scenic route on April 20, 2009, 01:51:58 PM
thats a rough one R.I.P
And the usual sentiments that the sc**bag that did it deserves everything he gets.

It is terrible news - absolutly. However a rush to judgement like this is not at all helpful when you don't know the full facts.

Well if the rumours appear to be true, it was a barbaric act.

Feckitt

That is enough now please.  This is not the place for rumours or speculation.

Jinxy

Tragic news.
My sympathies to Niall and the McCusker family.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

BennyHarp

Jesus, thats terrible news - whats this country coming to? RIP
That was never a square ball!!

Gold

RIP

there are far too many people these days walking around acting like they are going to beat the world. Even that ejit from Shameless was strutting about as if he had barrels under each arm the other night in Hells Kitchen with aggression dripping out of him. That other ejit Jack Tweedy is in jail for thoughtlessly (probably drink and drug adduced) attacking some young fella with no thought of the consequences--no respect for human life or himself

In my time i have seen too many people dying as a result of one punch or losing there hearing etc as a result of one dig on a night out. The other week in a Club game i saw animals punching and kicking players to the head with no thought of the consequences--i was very surprised that noone was seriously injured. I dont want to sound like a fairy but when you aim a punch at someones head you are intending to cause serious harm and cannot be certain what harm your punch will cause as you dont know what shape your victim is in.

I dont know what happened in this sad case but i suspect the deceased was probably punched and maybe kicked by some sc**bag 'hardman' and subsequently smacked his head off the ground. Or maybe didnt even hit his head off the ground.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Puckoon

Another life lost to weekend violence in Ireland. Its nothing short of disgusting.

RIP and condolences to the McCusker family.

Gabriel_Hurl

Very sad news about Connor

May he rest in peace

Condolences' to the family

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Kerry Mike

Very sad news and puts into perspective the football games next weekend. May the poor man rest in peace and sympathies to his family.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

oakleafgael

I knew Connor through the dogs and he will be badly missed by everyone who met him. A character would be the apt description for him. Condolences to all the McCusker family and the Ballinderry community.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered