What sort of pet have you?

Started by Orior, April 19, 2009, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ziggysego on April 20, 2009, 01:13:14 AM
Is he house trained Oak?

Awk usually he still has the odd tendancy to forget himself.

ziggysego

Has he been "fixed"? You don't want him running off when the neighbours are on heat.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Two dogs. Golden retriever brothers.
Great boys.

Maiden1

Bought a couple of goldfish but they died after a few weeks so we bought a couple more, they died as well.  Gave up after about 8.  When we walked into the pet shop and all the fish started hiding we decided to leave them in peace.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Dinny Breen

Two rescue mutts....

One a cross breed between a corgi and a labador the other a staffordshire terrier and a grey hound....

Two of them cost me a fortune in vet fees one is allergic to anti-biotics and the other is scheduled for surgery to remove polyps  (dog hemroids).....

Both are fantastic with the bambino and she loves the two of them......
#newbridgeornowhere

SidelineKick

Corn snake.  I always thought snakes didnt have feelings, or recognise people or show emotion, turns out I was right.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

English Springer Spaniel bitch (gun dog not the show dog type), wife has her spoilt, is a bit of a wee darling, can clear 4 times her height from a standing start (and thats just the wife  ;))
Tbc....

stpauls

don't have any yet, but intend on getting a lab when i move to the country, and have a garden to let them run around in.

Galwaybhoy

3 dogs
German Shepard
A cross between a German Shepard and a Norwegian Elk Hound
A mixture of a German Shepard, Norwegian Elk Hound and something else

man in black

I need some advice on this pet issue. We want to get a dog but we both work 8am-6pm. I live in a built up area. My garden is about 110ft by 30ft. Would it be fair on a mutt to keep it in a kennell outside all day and then walk it early morn, and in evening. If i get a dog i'll be getting 2 of them so they are company for each other as well. Id be getting a rescue dog not buying a pedigree. Which is right morally, not bother, or rescue a couple of dogs based on the argument a life with me is better than being put down ?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

AZOffaly

I have an aquarium with Tropical Fish. I'd love a dog, but I have two reservations about it. One, is that we both work, and I don't think it's fair to leave a dog alone all day. Secondly, I hate the fact that you'll only get 15 years out of a dog if you are lucky. I hated our dogs at home dying/being put down. It'd break your heart.

man in black

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2009, 11:44:00 AM
I hated our dogs at home dying/being put down. It'd break your heart.

That would also be one of my issues, ive always thought id be hard to that kind of thing but i think as you get older you get softer, dafter maybe.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Dinny Breen

QuoteSecondly, I hate the fact that you'll only get 15 years out of a dog if you are lucky. I hated our dogs at home dying/being put down. It'd break your heart.

Have two rescue dogs as mentioned and love them to bits and when they do pass, both are 6, I can console myself as I know that I gave them a great life and saved them from a horrible one, watch Marley and Me at the weekend and it did strike home alright....

I would always choose a rescue dog, very loyal especially when they realise that you are treating them with respect and not ruling by fear and you're giving a dog a second chance...
#newbridgeornowhere