The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ping Pong Santa

Hull 1-0 down as well. Hopefully Fulham can get a goal against Newcastle and make it really interesting.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Minder on May 16, 2009, 03:36:31 PM
Am i right in thinking if Hull lose today and Newcastle win Hull are essentially down?

No that would draw Sunderland right into it. They would only be two points ahead of Hull and play Portsmouth on Monday.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 16, 2009, 03:36:59 PM
Hull 1-0 down as well. Hopefully Fulham can get a goal against Newcastle and make it really interesting.

Interesting now.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ping Pong Santa

Ping Pong Santa

Hull have equalised as have Villa against Boro'  :(

mountainboii

I'll be really disappointed if Newcastle equalise.

Lecale2

Very interesting. Bolton game kicked off 10 minutes late.

Minder

Boro fucked and Newcastle close to it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Despite what these idiots on BBC are saying Boro aren't out of it yet. Hull will lose to United, even if United only send half a team. That combined with a win by Boro would bring the goal difference pretty level.

Ping Pong Santa

Boro' have now replaced West Brom as the shortest odds team to be relegated. They are 1/25 while West Brom are 1/14.

Though I agree with AFS, I don't think its that impossible.

Minder

Boro fans deserve all they get, their biggest game of the year and the place was half empty.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Minder on May 16, 2009, 06:51:51 PM
Boro fans deserve all they get, their biggest game of the year and the place was half empty.

Boro effectively gone, they never broke into anything Europe (apart from winning the League cup in 2004) delighted they're fucked and the fact they have shite attendances means they deserve to be in a lower division.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ping Pong Santa

you can get 33/1 on Boro' to stay up with Betfair now.

mountainboii

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 16, 2009, 11:16:53 PM
you can get 33/1 on Boro' to stay up with Betfair now.

Worth a couple of pound anyway. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that results will go their way.

Boro to beat a West Ham team with nothing to play for, and who've only one win in their last six games, by a goal or two.
Hull to go down by a couple of goals to a United team made up of hungry youngsters playing for 2 or 3 open spots on the bench for the CL final.
Newcastle to continue their abysmal form and lose at Villa.

Much, much stranger things have happened.

Farrandeelin

I'd gove almost anything to see WBA stay up. It's doubtful though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.