DUP Rubbish through the letter box

Started by fred the red, April 17, 2009, 09:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ping Pong Santa

Well at least the French and the Germans don't call the North the 'wild west'of the EU.

This is in danger of turning into a North vs Freestate row, but sure why not.

The Subbie

why which freestaters are we arguing with :D

Ping Pong Santa

The Subbie

Gnevin

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 19, 2009, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 19, 2009, 01:55:59 PM
Only in the wee north would people be upset about the "wrong" party sending them information

How are things down there Gnevin with the roaring Celtic Tiger? Ya know with 7.5% negative growth in the last quarter and 11% unemployment?

Don't know what that has to do with anything but I read all the parties letters that come through my door.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 19, 2009, 03:00:19 PM
Well at least the French and the Germans don't call the North the 'wild west'of the EU.

This is in danger of turning into a North vs Freestate row, but sure why not.

Why is the North of South Africa having a row with the province of Freestate?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

fred the red

Quote from: Gnevin on April 19, 2009, 03:37:28 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 19, 2009, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 19, 2009, 01:55:59 PM
Only in the wee north would people be upset about the "wrong" party sending them information

How are things down there Gnevin with the roaring Celtic Tiger? Ya know with 7.5% negative growth in the last quarter and 11% unemployment?

Don't know what that has to do with anything but I read all the parties letters that come through my door.

You can read?

wow.

Maguire01

Quote from: carribbear on April 18, 2009, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2009, 11:47:20 AM
Some people are very easily upset! Does that mean that as a Nationalist, i shouldn't receive election pamphlets from the Nationalist parties because I live in a predominantly Unionist area?

Put it in the bin, end of story.

After you read it thoroughly first no doubt.
Maybe i would - big deal if i did. It would still end up in the same place (i.e. the bin) and have as much influence as a pamphlet from any party. Does a DUP pamphlet upset you as well?

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 19, 2009, 12:07:32 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2009, 11:47:20 AM
Some people are very easily upset! Does that mean that as a Nationalist, i shouldn't receive election pamphlets from the Nationalist parties because I live in a predominantly Unionist area?

Put it in the bin, end of story.

You go on like such a t**ser, away back to OWC. Allegedly (edited to avoid breaking the rules)
What's your problem?
And i've never been 'to OWC', whatever that's meant to imply.

dodgy umpire

where are all your green credentials? use it as bog roll

reduce, reuse, recycle
The Boys in Red and Black are back

nifan

The political parties used to send out 18th birthday cards round our way (happy birthday, vote for us kind of thing).
I assume this was common across the north? How about the ROI?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Quote from: nifan on April 19, 2009, 06:56:54 PM
The political parties used to send out 18th birthday cards round our way (happy birthday, vote for us kind of thing).
I assume this was common across the north? How about the ROI?

I never got one of these, did u get them from each party?

nifan

Dont even remember which parties came in for me personally - i didnt pay too much attention and theyd have been binned straight away - but the dup and sf commonly did it in derry and I think the uu and sdlp might have done them too.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on April 19, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
Dont even remember which parties came in for me personally - i didnt pay too much attention and theyd have been binned straight away - but the dup and sf commonly did it in derry and I think the uu and sdlp might have done them too.

Never heard of this being done.

On a side note, did notice on Fair City that they had an election pamplet for Claire O'Regan on display in one of the kitchen walls - has since been removed.
Tbc....