Match Attendances

Started by Oakleafer93, April 17, 2009, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on June 14, 2009, 11:10:14 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on June 14, 2009, 08:52:05 PM
30,000 at cork v kerry, 7,000 at kildare v wexford, 25,000 at limerick v waterford

30,000 me eye.
They must have let a load of people in for nothing due to the delay because there's no way there was only 30,000 at that game.

Frank's a very generous man.  ;)

magickingdom

waterford v limerick 15,000 tyrone v derry 24,000 mayo v ros 16,000 anyone know tip v clare, gal v kill and dub v wex

Rossfan

20,000 , 15,000 and 9,000.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

I cannot see McHale Park ever holding 41000. I hope I'm wrong though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

I wouldn't like to see another 8,000 trying to squeeze into Casement either!

magickingdom

Tyrone Dreamer

From RTE:

Despite the economic downturn, the average turnout at GAA championship venues so far this year is up over 11 percent on 2008.

It's a remarkable statistic seeing that the Association was bracing itself for a fall-off as the country struggles to deal with the current fiscal crisis.

In a survey carried out by the Irish Independent, all four provinces have showed an increase in those going through the turnstiles, with Munster the big winner, as evidenced by a 22.7 percent increase.

The Cork v Kerry and Limerick v Waterford replays in football and hurling respectively have no doubt contributed to this, yet leaving these matches aside, the increase is 15.9 percent.

With the football and hurling finals to come, Munster council officials can look forward to easily surpassing 2008 figures, as are the Connacht council, where the average attendance going to games this summer is already up 11 percent on last summer.

Leinster has reported an increase of 1.6 percent and with the Dublin hurlers in the provincial final, and the footballers fancied to book their place in a fifth consecutive decider, that figure should improve dramatically. In Ulster, attendances are up by 1.23 precent.

Much has been said about the standard of football on view so far in this year's championship, yet that negative perception has not lessened the public's enthusiasm for the early season battles and with the qualifiers around the corner in both hurling and football, followed by the All Ireland series, the GAA can look forward to bucking the recession trend.

Whether the Association will garner extra revenue remains to be seen as various initiatives, such as cheaper family tickets, were put in place this year.

magickingdom

i was just about to post that in a thread of its own..... some good news

Ball Hopper

Will many Dubs attend the Leinster Hurling Final?

Could be 1974 all over again...maybe.

magickingdom

i have no doubt the crowd will be bigger then last years final (19k). much bigger imo, even tho killkenny will win its a game that i'd love to go to..

Rossfan

11,441 at Markievicz, 14,4... at Tullamore and didnt hear how many were in Croke Park  which seemed to have an awful lot of gaps.
( Memo to John Costello and Tommy Lyons ...how many times have ye haughtily informed us over the years that the "Dubs can fill Croke Park on their own"  ;))
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2009, 06:56:05 PM
11,441 at Markievicz, 14,4... at Tullamore and didnt hear how many were in Croke Park  which seemed to have an awful lot of gaps.
( Memo to John Costello and Tommy Lyons ...how many times have ye haughtily informed us over the years that the "Dubs can fill Croke Park on their own"  ;))

Just over 50,000 at Croke Park I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

magickingdom

anyone know how many at clones yesterday?

ExiledGael

magickingdom

29,000 at dubs v killkenny, 5,000 at meath v waterford, 2,000 at  louth v tip. anyone got the cork v lim and the rest of last nights qualifers?