Match Attendances

Started by Oakleafer93, April 17, 2009, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Zulu on May 26, 2009, 10:38:08 PM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on May 26, 2009, 08:47:14 PM
This talk of 3 mini CP 's is hilarious . Highlighting the Gealic Grounds in Limk as basicly being a joke  (white elephant ) is also hilarious . Too big , is it ? ???  Limerick is known as the traditional hotbed venue for Munster Hurling Finals (not so much since the 60's) and it holds the record high attendance of over   67,000 people ( is this the truth or not ?) for the 1963 clash of Cork v Tipp . Reality is all GAA grounds around the country are white elephants . It seems to me that the Gealic Grounds in Limerick is the envy of the GAA world outside of Dublin . J P McManus contributed  the larger % of the refurbishment cost a few years back and LCB are very much indepted to him for that .
The truth will never be told as regards proper attendances at GAA matches . If you believe that the ordinary punter is given truthful attendance figures , then you are nieve indeed . Everybody loses out when the truth is told , you see .

You're obviously from Limerick and talked as much nonsense when you predicted Limerick for the AI, the GG the envy of the country, well you go away FFS.

Well I go away ?  Do you mean , will I go away ?  Where do you want me to go ? What  I've said is correct  to many excluding my fellow Limerick people , so I don't where the nonsense in my previous post is . Cold you highlight it for me please Zulu ?

Zulu

Ehhh the Gaelic Grounds being the envy of the country bit, I don't know of anyone outside of Limerick that has much time for that ground let alone envy.

The bit about the GG being the hotbed of Munster hurling is also laughable.

The bit about the 3 mini CP's as being hilarious is also nonsense, I passed Thomond Park and the Gaelic grounds tonight and the GG looks very shabby in comparison despite it being twice the size of TP. We need to bring 3 grounds up to the standard of CP where all provincial finals should be played.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Zulu on May 26, 2009, 11:25:23 PM
Ehhh the Gaelic Grounds being the envy of the country bit, I don't know of anyone outside of Limerick that has much time for that ground let alone envy.

The bit about the GG being the hotbed of Munster hurling is also laughable.

The bit about the 3 mini CP's as being hilarious is also nonsense, I passed Thomond Park and the Gaelic grounds tonight and the GG looks very shabby in comparison despite it being twice the size of TP. We need to bring 3 grounds up to the standard of CP where all provincial finals should be played.

First of all I did not say on any thread in this forum that I thought Limk would win this years AI , so that's cleared up before  I start .

Granted ,  GG may not be the envy of ALL others but it is completely under-utilised and very few people from counties outside of the hurling top 10 have ever been there . League football matches draw minimal crowds from outside the county also  .  Make no mistake Zulu , GG is the 3rd finest stadium in the country , live in denial if you like   .

You appear to have a poor knowledge base when it comes to Munster hurling . If you look carefully at my previous post again you will notice that I said that the GG was the traditional hotbed of Munster FINALS  F  F F F  FINALS , did you get that Zulu ?  I also stated that this trend has changed since the end of the 60's .

On your last point Zulu , what is it that you actually want ?
We  have what we have and now you want more . There is nothing wrong with  our  GAA pitches only that they are under -utilised .  BTW Thomond park is a rugby pitch which is 30m or 40m shorter than the GG pitch . This means that the stands are shorter in length but greater in height which certainly shoots it up on the impressive scale . Thomond Park certainly looks more impressive than GG because an awful lot more money was spent on it's redevelopement , plus Mayorstone residents impeded a larger more grandiose redevelopement  of the uncovered stand at  the GG when it was being done .
The Gealic Grounds do not look shabby Zulu , will you come off it ?

Zulu

QuoteFirst of all I did not say on any thread in this forum that I thought Limk would win this years AI , so that's cleared up before  I start .

You said they'd get to the final if they avoided Kilkenny and win Munster, there is no logical basis for that so you are prone to wild statements.

QuoteGranted ,  GG may not be the envy of ALL others but it is completely under-utilised and very few people from counties outside of the hurling top 10 have ever been there . League football matches draw minimal crowds from outside the county also  .  Make no mistake Zulu , GG is the 3rd finest stadium in the country , live in denial if you like   

I never said it wasn't a decent ground but the envy of the rest of the country? Definitely not. There is nothing paricularly impressive about it but none of our grounds are particularly impressive which was my original point.

QuoteYou appear to have a poor knowledge base when it comes to Munster hurling . If you look carefully at my previous post again you will notice that I said that the GG was the traditional hotbed of Munster FINALS  F  F F F  FINALS , did you get that Zulu ?  I also stated that this trend has changed since the end of the 60's .

'Hotbed of Munster finals' WTF does that mean or indeed what relevance does it have to anything, I know plenty about Munster hurling and now every county in Munster wants to play the Munster final in Thurles. The GG is a terrible location for Cork, Tipp and Waterford fans and is an awful place to get out of for everyone, it has no pubs close to it and no real GAA pubs in the city to provide atmosphere.

QuoteOn your last point Zulu , what is it that you actually want ?
We  have what we have and now you want more . There is nothing wrong with  our  GAA pitches only that they are under -utilised

I told you what I want, which by the way isn't more but is in fact less. I want 3 top class stadiums with 35 - 55K capacity which would have similar facilities as those in CP, i.e. corportae boxes, bars, restaurants, etc. Both CP and TP help sellout the games that are played there and bring in a lot of money to their respective organisations outside of hosting games. The other grounds should be reduced in size or in some cases levelled. The grounds are under utilized partly becasue we don't have enough games and partly becasue some of our grounds e.g. the GG are too big for a lot of them.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Zulu on May 27, 2009, 12:37:23 AM
QuoteFirst of all I did not say on any thread in this forum that I thought Limk would win this years AI , so that's cleared up before  I start .

You said they'd get to the final if they avoided Kilkenny and win Munster, there is no logical basis for that so you are prone to wild statements.

QuoteGranted ,  GG may not be the envy of ALL others but it is completely under-utilised and very few people from counties outside of the hurling top 10 have ever been there . League football matches draw minimal crowds from outside the county also  .  Make no mistake Zulu , GG is the 3rd finest stadium in the country , live in denial if you like   

I never said it wasn't a decent ground but the envy of the rest of the country? Definitely not. There is nothing paricularly impressive about it but none of our grounds are particularly impressive which was my original point.

QuoteYou appear to have a poor knowledge base when it comes to Munster hurling . If you look carefully at my previous post again you will notice that I said that the GG was the traditional hotbed of Munster FINALS  F  F F F  FINALS , did you get that Zulu ?  I also stated that this trend has changed since the end of the 60's .

'Hotbed of Munster finals' WTF does that mean or indeed what relevance does it have to anything, I know plenty about Munster hurling and now every county in Munster wants to play the Munster final in Thurles. The GG is a terrible location for Cork, Tipp and Waterford fans and is an awful place to get out of for everyone, it has no pubs close to it and no real GAA pubs in the city to provide atmosphere.

QuoteOn your last point Zulu , what is it that you actually want ?
We  have what we have and now you want more . There is nothing wrong with  our  GAA pitches only that they are under -utilised

I told you what I want, which by the way isn't more but is in fact less. I want 3 top class stadiums with 35 - 55K capacity which would have similar facilities as those in CP, i.e. corportae boxes, bars, restaurants, etc. Both CP and TP help sellout the games that are played there and bring in a lot of money to their respective organisations outside of hosting games. The other grounds should be reduced in size or in some cases levelled. The grounds are under utilized partly becasue we don't have enough games and partly becasue some of our grounds e.g. the GG are too big for a lot of them.

I  cannot multiquote so please understand  .

Oh right  I see there is no logical basis that Limk could get to the AI this year , I see , I see . How foolish of me to think that    ::) Therefore everything that comes out of my mouth is purely wreckless and wild .  ::)

The hotbed point was made simply to remind people of the pre-eminance of the GG in previous generations , that is all . It was not you who had the origonal pop at  the GG .  Believe me when I say that I much prefer Thurlas as a venue for all the reasons you have listed . Particularly as I have been going there with my da since I was 9 years old , many moons ago .

Lastly , this is absolute bolderdash . If we had what you are suggesting we would in essence have a lot less than what we presently have .    You appear to me to be a little taken by restaurants , bars and hot dog stands  for my liking Zulu .  What we have here in Munster is fine . Leinster and Ulster certainly need another venue outside of CP and Clones , of that I have no doubt .
Leinster Finals on front of a paltry 38k in CP looks very bad indeed . Similarily so with Ulster Finals in Clones , but for the opposite reason .   As we know Casement Park is to be  properly redeveloped , so good for them up there . There is no doubt though  that Leinster needs a venue which can hold 50k such as Limk or Thurlas 60k  .  That is something  HQ should certainly be taking a serious look into .

Zulu

QuoteOh right  I see there is no logical basis that Limk could get to the AI this year , I see , I see . How foolish of me to think that     Therefore everything that comes out of my mouth is purely wreckless and wild . 

I see you've no problem using those daft face things, anyway if there is a logical basis for your opinion maybe you could tells us, i don't see one and I'd say most hurling folk would agree with me.

QuoteLastly , this is absolute bolderdash . If we had what you are suggesting we would in essence have a lot less than what we presently have .    You appear to me to be a little taken by restaurants , bars and hot dog stands  for my liking Zulu .  What we have here in Munster is fine .

What a crock, I personally couldn't care less what the stadiums have by way of facilities, as long as there is a decent seat and toilet facilities I'm not bothered about the rest. By the way Munster have the most white elephants in Ireland, Limerick, Cork, Tipp and Kerry all have grounds that can hold 35K or more and outside of Thurlas they rarely get used. Like I said, if we had one mini CP it would attract bigger crowds and make money for the GAA outside of matches, what is wrong with that? We have what we have and for political reasons we'll hold on to them all but we should still make one (in Munster that should be Thurlas) a top quality stadium that offers everything that punters expect of a modern sports stadium.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Zulu on May 27, 2009, 01:38:17 AM
QuoteOh right  I see there is no logical basis that Limk could get to the AI this year , I see , I see . How foolish of me to think that     Therefore everything that comes out of my mouth is purely wreckless and wild . 

I see you've no problem using those daft face things, anyway if there is a logical basis for your opinion maybe you could tells us, i don't see one and I'd say most hurling folk would agree with me.

QuoteLastly , this is absolute bolderdash . If we had what you are suggesting we would in essence have a lot less than what we presently have .    You appear to me to be a little taken by restaurants , bars and hot dog stands  for my liking Zulu .  What we have here in Munster is fine .

What a crock, I personally couldn't care less what the stadiums have by way of facilities, as long as there is a decent seat and toilet facilities I'm not bothered about the rest. By the way Munster have the most white elephants in Ireland, Limerick, Cork, Tipp and Kerry all have grounds that can hold 35K or more and outside of Thurlas they rarely get used. Like I said, if we had one mini CP it would attract bigger crowds and make money for the GAA outside of matches, what is wrong with that? We have what we have and for political reasons we'll hold on to them all but we should still make one (in Munster that should be Thurlas) a top quality stadium that offers everything that punters expect of a modern sports stadium.

Never mind Munster , forget about it , there is no way  these things will ever change here . Leinster is where the problem lies . I 've  outlined my reasons on my previous post .  Here's another smiley face for you   ;)  , I hope that cheers you up a bit .
P. S . 
I believe Limerick will wallop all round them this summer because I must believe it , I hope you can understand that . That is what belief and passion  are about to me . That is why hurling is my life .

Zulu

QuoteLeinster is where the problem lies

What's the problem with Leinster?

QuoteI 've  outlined my reasons on my previous post

Can you not do so again, just a few quick points will do?

QuoteI believe Limerick will wallop all round them this summer because I must believe it , I hope you can understand that . That is what belief and passion  are about to me . That is why hurling is my life .

A bit melodramtic for me but sure best of luck to you, I don't think ye'll beat Waterford and if ye do I don't think ye have any chance against Tipp (should they get there).

By the way if you think I have a problem with Limerick, I don't and in fact I was in Thurlas last Sunday and will be in Ennis in two weeks time for the semi against Clare, I'll also be in Thurlas for the hurling match against Waterford. I just think you are wearing thick rimmed green and white glasses.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Zulu on May 27, 2009, 02:15:56 AM
QuoteLeinster is where the problem lies

What's the problem with Leinster?

QuoteI 've  outlined my reasons on my previous post

Can you not do so again, just a few quick points will do?

QuoteI believe Limerick will wallop all round them this summer because I must believe it , I hope you can understand that . That is what belief and passion  are about to me . That is why hurling is my life .

A bit melodramtic for me but sure best of luck to you, I don't think ye'll beat Waterford and if ye do I don't think ye have any chance against Tipp (should they get there).

By the way if you think I have a problem with Limerick, I don't and in fact I was in Thurlas last Sunday and will be in Ennis in two weeks time for the semi against Clare, I'll also be in Thurlas for the hurling match against Waterford. I just think you are wearing thick rimmed green and white glasses.

Glad to here it . You're a Tipp suppoerter . I'll be there this Sunday  shouting for ye  .  I genuinely  wish ye luck  , but I reckon ye have the beating of them .

Problem in Leinster :

No grounds outside of the capital capable of holding  a Leinster Final .

Tullamore and Nolan Park are the largest venues there and their max is roughly 30 k , simply not good enough . Leinster people should be kicking up about this .

A suitable ground developement in any of the various proud county ground needs to fastracked to solve this issue .

Another more selfish reason would be that KK would not be playing most of their Championship games at C.  P .  I believe KK have an unfair advantage on every other team in this respect in that they know nearly every blade of grass in the place .

There is no harm in any man looking through tinted glasses of the colours of his home county .

magickingdom

great crowds today. 35,100 at tipp v cork, 13,500 at leitrim v ros.... anyone know other games?

laoisgaa

1,800 in O'Moore Park at Laois v Galway

tyronefan

Maguire01

Quote from: tyronefan on May 31, 2009, 09:49:13 PM
26000 in Clones
Looked like a lot more. Hard to see where you'd squeeze in the other 10,000!

Jinxy

I think we can all assume at this stage that the official attendance will *ahem* slightly underestimate the crowd.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

Quote1,800 in O'Moore Park at Laois v Galway

Typical Galway, sunshine supporters.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go