Google Chrome

Started by Square Ball, April 17, 2009, 10:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

what is it and what does it do? anyone using it?

I googled it and read it on Wiki but its a load of techno speek
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mario

You must not have looked too hard. Its a web browser like internet explorer, or firefox.

amallon

Anyone using it yet?  Is it worth installing?  Sorry I'm too lazy to install it for myself and see what its like!  :P
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gnevin

Quote from: amallon on April 17, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
Anyone using it yet?  Is it worth installing?  Sorry I'm too lazy to install it for myself and see what its like!  :P
It's better than IE but then again so is a kick in the balls . Its not better than Firefox ,Opera or Safari
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Square Ball

Quote from: Mario on April 17, 2009, 10:44:49 AM
You must not have looked too hard. Its a web browser like internet explorer, or firefox.

well aware of that part, but the technical aspect of its a bit much, as with Amallon i am hoping someone else can use it first and report on it here
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

liihb

QuoteIt's better than IE
IE7 yes, IE 8, not so sure. I think IE 8 is better than Firefox, but its whatever you're used to I suppose
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Gnevin

Quote from: liihb on April 17, 2009, 10:56:59 AM
QuoteIt's better than IE
IE7 yes, IE 8, not so sure. I think IE 8 is better than Firefox, but its whatever you're used to I suppose
IE8 is worse than IE7 ffs.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tyronefan

I like it and use it all the time now

it shows your most used pages as thumbnails making it a lot handier to get to your most frequent pages

Also opens pages as new tabs so it is handy to shift between them

I always reckon you can try this things and if you dont like it then delete it  nothing lost

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyronefan on April 17, 2009, 11:52:09 AM

it shows your most used pages as thumbnails making it a lot handier to get to your most frequent pages

I always reckon you can try this things and if you dont like it then delete it  nothing lost

Not always a good thing when your woman also uses the laptop.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyronefan

Gnevin

IE is dog slow when rendering pages . FF opens pages in tabs too.

thebigfella

Quote from: Gnevin on April 17, 2009, 02:16:52 PM

IE is dog slow when rendering pages . FF opens pages in tabs too.

Maybe 7 but the 8 benchmarks I seen where quite impressive. If you want quick rendering of pages then Safari 4 is the way to go.

Mario

Its also got an Incognito mode, if you want to lookup something and not have it on your history/drop drop menu, for whatever reason  ;)

Owenmoresider

So does Firefox. Use that all the time now, hardly use IE at all. Had Chrome installed but never bothered with it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mario on April 17, 2009, 02:49:26 PM
Its also got an Incognito mode, if you want to lookup something and not have it on your history/drop drop menu, for whatever reason  ;)

Where do I sign up...... :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.