The origins of the board?

Started by corn02, April 16, 2009, 10:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

About 20 of my mates are on this now because we are a pack of losers, but I was the first one out of us. Thing is, I can't remember how I came across it, it was defintely not recommended to me. Was it advertised or what.

And on that subject, what were the origins of the board.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on April 16, 2009, 10:32:48 AM
About 20 of my mates are on this now because we are a pack of losers, but I was the first one out of is. Thing is, I can;t remeber how I came across it, it was defintely not recommended to me. Was it advertised or what.

And on that subject, what were the origins of the board.

I remember how I got on it-Jim Stynes was recomending me the Neighbours thread one day and said I should have a look on it! The rest is history...

Some people will have to be careful in this thread not to out themselves as mods, I'm looking at you Ziggy  ;)

Zapatista

You don't exist you are a figment of my imagination.

The Real Laoislad

Id say a few mis spelt the first 3 letters and put in a extra A instead of a Y
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 16, 2009, 10:38:56 AM

:D :D good man laoislad .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 16, 2009, 10:38:56 AM

Thats a cracker!!

;)

Shamrock Shore

LOL young Laoislad.

The board's origins have been well documented.

It started off as the message board on www.gaa.ie which was run initially by Jim Gallagher in NIHE/DCU. Indigo were the service providers under Lyn Brennan.

In 99 or so Croker Park took over the site and evicted us so we upped sticks and formed the continuity gaaboard which has morphed into what we have today

corn02

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 16, 2009, 10:46:10 AM
LOL young Laoislad.

It started off as the message board on www.gaa.ie which was run initially by Jim Gallagher in NIHE/DCU. Indigo were the service providers under Lyn Brennan.

In 99 or so Croker Park took over the site and evicted us so we upped sticks and formed the continuity gaaboard which has morphed into what we have today

Interesting, why were yous ousted by HQs?

ziggysego

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 16, 2009, 10:36:14 AM
Some people will have to be careful in this thread not to out themselves as mods, I'm looking at you Ziggy  ;)

Feck away off, I'm not a mod!!

I came to the board, because my brother emailed me a link to the Friday Corny Joke Thread back in 2002.
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 16, 2009, 10:46:10 AM
LOL young Laoislad.

were you a member from the start SS
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

How to you get chosen to be a mod , is there a godmod who see's some potential in a poster and decides yes you will be one of my chosen few . Is  that how it works ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 16, 2009, 10:55:29 AM
How to you get chosen to be a mod , is there a godmod who see's some potential in a poster and decides yes you will be one of my chosen few . Is  that how it works ?

Aye thats how Ziggy became one I think...

el_cuervo_fc

I joined in late 99 or 2000 when a friend had mentioned it.  I had some other name back then though

ziggysego

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 16, 2009, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 16, 2009, 10:55:29 AM

Aye thats how Ziggy became one I think...

Cut that out ONL, I'm not a mod.
Testing Accessibility

the green man

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 16, 2009, 10:59:21 AM
I joined in late 99 or 2000 when a friend had mentioned it. 

Same as that. I had a long sabbatical when I couldn't get logged in on the older boards.