Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stephenite on February 05, 2009, 09:47:54 PM
So hang on a sec, you're signature says you're from St. Maloise Gaels? But you won't name the new manager because people from the club might read it?

I wasn't asking to go on a fckuing treasure hunt.

Seanie, OMS or someone else half rational - who's the new manager of this shower?

Basic english not understood again. This is not the first time and wont be the last. I wrote that for the benefit of my club people who read this board. I want them to see it ::).I said this already. Also my fellow Sligomen will know eventually but outside the county ye wont so no point telling ye, ye dont need to know.

No point naming as my fellow Clubmen read here and they know so thats enough I think yer two posts should be misinterpertation of the year.

So was ye being intermediate the result of some hateful vendetta in the county against ye so? Can you explain to me where you read me say this or at least go some way to point out how on earth you came to that assumption. All I was getting with Kerry in TM cup was that we had by far the best team on paper in Intermediate and should of walked it but underperformed and were lucky.

Please refrain from coming on here trying to insinuate more to my words than whats been said, it very mischevious in all fairness.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Owenmoresider

Quote from: stephenite on February 05, 2009, 09:47:54 PM
Seanie, OMS or someone else half rational - who's the new manager of this shower?

Don't know and don't particularly care either. We're well removed from the goings-on up north of Henderson's here.

We got our managerial situation sorted anyway, that's all that matters me. Now we only have to find a team and we'll be flying.

Owenmoresider

Thought I'd post this here, there is a few youtube channels which are putting up loads of GAA videos from older days, and one has posted up clips from our drawn game with Galway in 1996, how times have changed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XForswSYw

Sligoper

Not a clue who the manager is and to echo OMS sentiments dont care either. No ones really heard or said it to me as SMG are only a small team. They got a easy draw though so should make the quarters!
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

Also don't know who the SMG manager is. One thing I can say is that their minors got the result against our lads in what was reportedly a fine game of football on Saturday morning. I use the term "got the result" deliberately as our lads are sure it was a draw and the ref made a counting error. Anyway, we should hopefully still have enough to make the quarter finals and avoid an extra long gap witno games. The weather made sure that not many other games took place. Adult football starts next weekend when weather should be a bit better.

Edit - I've been informed that in fact the person who made the adding mistakes was a Coolera/Strandhill man and not the referee. SMG did win by a point.

Buckass

Classic Youtube stuff there Owenmoresider...it's incorrectly titled tho. That's 1995 even tho 96 also ended up in Markievicz draw...and Tuam hammerings!

SLIGONIAN

Jees dont all sugar coat yer dislike for St Molaise Gaels all at once. Anyways I sent a pm to red&greensniper to keep him happy a while ago.

Sligoper did you mean small team in physicality ;), most of squad are young and yet to reach physical peak, give them a chance. Anyway anyone else feel the need to have jibe feel free, i wont go on the defensive. I like to see all sligo clubs do well genuinely for the good of Sligo Football.

paddypastit

Some lads had hair then... and a few still have hair the same colour.

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Buckass on February 09, 2009, 10:58:45 AM
Classic Youtube stuff there Owenmoresider...it's incorrectly titled tho. That's 1995 even tho 96 also ended up in Markievicz draw...and Tuam hammerings!
You're right, yer man has Meath-Offaly there too, but has it as 96, when it was in 95. Same here. Though the two draws seem so similiar looking back on it - with the same end result as well. Markievicz looked terrible back then.

SLIGONIAN

I know I was at both replays but what were the replay results in 95 and 96?, I remember vaguely seevers scoring a peno late in one of them.

McGoldrick scored that penalty we would of won in 95. Hard to believe a year earlier about 100 people in mchale to see us get hammered by mayo, mchale destroyed kennedy at ff that day. We improved alot under carroll after that. So many close calls in the late 90s though, painful times.

Markievicz has come on alot surely, and fair play to those who overseen the development.

Owenmoresider

The first results of the new year:

Saturday 14th February 2009
Pick n Choose League Group A

Ballymote    3-8   0-8   Castleconnor    Ballymote   Round 1

Pick n Choose League Group B

Coolera-Strandhill    0-8   1-12   Eastern Harps    Coolera   Round 1    
Tubbercurry    1-9   0-10   Geevagh    Tubbercurry   Round 1

Kiernan Cup Group B

Calry/St Josephs    2-9   0-9   St Farnans    Calry/St Josephs   Round 1    
Easkey    1-7   1-4   Bunninadden    Easkey   Round 1

Benson Cup Group B

Drumcliffe Rosses Point    3-13   1-4   Cloonacool    Drumcliffe   Round 1

Sligonian - the 95 replay was 0-19 to 2-7, and 96 was 1-12 to 0-8.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 14, 2009, 08:21:12 PM
The first results of the new year:

Saturday 14th February 2009
Pick n Choose League Group A

Ballymote    3-8   0-8   Castleconnor    Ballymote   Round 1

Pick n Choose League Group B

Coolera-Strandhill    0-8   1-12   Eastern Harps    Coolera   Round 1    
Tubbercurry    1-9   0-10   Geevagh    Tubbercurry   Round 1

Kiernan Cup Group B

Calry/St Josephs    2-9   0-9   St Farnans    Calry/St Josephs   Round 1    
Easkey    1-7   1-4   Bunninadden    Easkey   Round 1

Benson Cup Group B

Drumcliffe Rosses Point    3-13   1-4   Cloonacool    Drumcliffe   Round 1

Sligonian - the 95 replay was 0-19 to 2-7, and 96 was 1-12 to 0-8.

Thanks

SLIGONIAN

SLIGO 4-13 LEITRIM 1-8 FT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We owed them that.

FANTASTIC RESULT, well done lads keep it up. Looking forward to the sligo lads reports. Sligeach abu.

Owenmoresider

Sunday 15th February 2009
Benson Cup Group A

Enniscrone/Kilglass    0-8   0-9   Eastern Harps    Enniscrone   Round 1    
St Molaise Gaels    1-9   0-8   Coolaney/Mullinabreena    St Molaise Gaels   Round 1

Abbott Cup Group A

Curry    3-12   0-3   Coolera-Strandhill    Coolera   Round 1    
Ballymote    0-16   0-1   St Michaels    Ballymote   Round 1

Abbott Cup Group B

Ballisodare    0-3   2-18   Tourlestrane    Ballisodare   Round 1

U-18 League Division 1 Section 1

Curry    1-16   1-10   Eastern Harps    Eastern Harps - Keash      
St Farnans    3-6   0-6   Tourlestrane    St Farnans      
Tubbercurry    1-10   2-5   Coolaney/Mullinabreena    Tubbercurry   

U-18 League Division 1 Section 2

Ballymote/Bunninadden    2-6   1-9   St Johns    Bunninadden      
Coolera-Strandhill    3-2   1-14   Drumcliffe Rosses Point    Coolera      
Calry/St Josephs    0-9   1-13   St Marys    Calry/St Josephs      

U-18 League Division 2

St Patricks    0-6   4-11   Castleconnor    St Patricks      
Shamrock Gaels    3-16   2-4   St Michaels    Riverstown Park      
Geevagh    9-7   0-1   Owenmore Gaels    Owenmore Gaels

Michael's must have had soccer on this morning. We had anyway.  :-[

Owenmoresider

Senior League Division 1

Tourlestrane    Coolera-Strandhill    Tourlestrane   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    
Eastern Harps    Tubbercurry    Eastern Harps - Keash   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    
Geevagh    Ballymote    Geevagh   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1   
Curry    Castleconnor    Curry   22/02/2009   15:30   TBC   Round 1

Senior League Division 2

St Farnans    St Molaise Gaels    St Farnans   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1    
Easkey    St Marys    Easkey   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    
Bunninadden    Shamrock Gaels    Bunninadden   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    
St Johns    Calry/St Josephs    St Johns   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    

Senior League Division 3

Eastern Harps    Drumcliffe Rosses Point    Eastern Harps - Keash   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1    
Enniscrone/Kilglass    St Michaels    Enniscrone   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1   
Cloonacool    St Molaise Gaels    Cloonacool   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    
Coolaney/Mullinabreena    St Patricks    Coolaney/Mullinabreena   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1    

Senior League Division 4

St Marys    Tourlestrane    St Marys   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1    
Coolera-Strandhill    Ballymote    Coolera   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1    
Curry    Ballisodare    Curry   21/02/2009   16:00   TBC   Round 1    
St Michaels    Owenmore Gaels    St Michaels   22/02/2009   14:30   TBC   Round 1