Dr Crokes Cup Final live on TG4 Today

Started by EddieMerx, April 13, 2009, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieMerx

15:15 GAA Beo
Live coverage of the All Ireland Vocational Schools Senior A Final between Roscrea Community College and St Brigids, Loughrea followed by All Ireland Colleges Final (Croke Cup) between Good Counsel College, New Ross and Thurles CBS (Christrian Brothers School). Presented by GrĂ¡inne McElwain with commentary by Brian Tyers and GearĂ³id Mac Donncha.

As a Peters man I never thought I would saying this but I really hope Good Council win this. Thurles were unlucky in last years final but I just have to support the Kilkenny I mean Wexford boys ;)

cill_dara

EddieMerx

Thurles won by 2 points in a very good game

INDIANA

was essentially the kilkenny/wexford minors vs the tipp minors. good game.

EddieMerx

There would be more Wexford Minors on the Peters team, the unfortunate thing about Good Council is that it does not produce many future Wexford hurlers. Most of these guys come from non traditional hurling clubs (apart from Rathnure) and they either play football or just don't develop. Wexford hurling has suffered big time due to the closing of the boarding school in St. Peters as the coaching and facilities there ensured that good hurlers were always being churned out to make up for the complete lack of structures within the county.

INDIANA

Maybe but you've an excellent minor team this year. You're playing us on may1 in the quarters in parnell. The loser has to go through the backdoor but it should be a cracker. We got to the all-ireland u16 final with the same crew 2 years ago- we beat your lads after extra time by a point. So nothing between them. Kilkenny have 4 of last years squad left over so I think there is a reasonable chance of Dublin/Wexford upsetting the odds in leinster this year.
Unfortunately Tipp won the u16 all-ireland 2 years ago and are shit hot again this year. Has to filter through at senior level soon for Tipp.

EddieMerx

Yep we have a good side this year in minor so will be interesting to see how they get on, That Thurles team had some excellent players, if Tipp have a few more players from outside of that team then God help us all in the minor championship. Is that Kilkenny guy from last year still minor? can't remember his name but he was a sensational talent

INDIANA

tommy breen thankfully is over-age. I heard he's training with the senior panel already.
But that lad who scored 1-5 for thurles yesterday - O Brien is probably the best minor in the country this year. Extraordinary level of talent in Tipp between 18-21 at the minute.

EddieMerx

O'Brien is a special talent, he was the the difference between the two sides