Started by carnaross, April 12, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: southderryman on April 14, 2009, 03:22:38 PM
pure shite film

glorifies touting

they should have put another 60 bullets in the sc**bag when they found him
Aren't you the hard man, eh?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on April 14, 2009, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2009, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 12, 2009, 10:09:10 PM
You gotta love  calling himself an "agent" working for the branch as if he was recruited for his intellect and guile. He was nothing but a 2 bob tout who loved money more than his family and friends. Suffering from depression and to much drink living on benefits good enough for the c**t
Yup, doesnt matter what side any tout is working on, they're the lowest of the low. 

EVen if they save innocent lives?

Just asking? Youd jump in to save a stranger from a kicking, but you wouldnt open your beak to save someone who was about to be shot?

Save innocent lives my arse! He may have saved a few policemen or soldiers but how many of his neighbours and friends did he get killed or locked up but sure I suppose he's a big hero. 

and no, I wouldnt betray my firends, family or community. 
Btw, do you think any of these touts give a shit about the people they're saving? If they did they wouldnt have joined the IRA, the cared about the money they were getting, they sold out their principles.

I'd say the same if it was a brit giving the IRA information.

There's few things worse than a traitor, no matter what side they are on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

So its levelled up in your mind by the numbers he sent to their death, prison, right?

So if I was to be a first time informer, and saved someones life, and thats all I ever did, Id be a lowest of the low tout?

Btw, Im not suggesting he's a big hero, Im just wondering how someone who would rush to the aid of another human with only their bare hands to defend himself (and the attackee) wouldnt think its ok to make a phone call that might save someones life?

If you had knowledge of the imminent death of an innocent person, at the hands of terrorists, you would fail to act just so you can beat your breast at the end of it all and say - "I didnt betray my friends, family or community"?

pintsofguinness

So if I was to be a first time informer, and saved someones life, and thats all I ever did, Id be a lowest of the low tout?
Yes.

Btw, Im not suggesting he's a big hero, Im just wondering how someone who would rush to the aid of another human with only their bare hands to defend himself (and the attackee) wouldnt think its ok to make a phone call that might save someones life?
He got in to the IRA knowing what he was getting involved in yet proceeding to betray his friends.  If any of these touts actually care about the people they're saving why do they all take the money?

QuoteIf you had knowledge of the imminent death of an innocent person, at the hands of terrorists, you would fail to act just so you can beat your breast at the end of it all and say - "I didnt betray my friends, family or community"?
If the person was innocent (i.e. a civillian) and that information came to me by accident I would make the call.
If however, I was a member of something like the IRA, had signed up knowing what I was doing and knowing what they do then no I wouldnt be a tout.

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 07:28:06 PM
Yes.

[

Balls. Where do I sign.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 07:28:06 PM

QuoteIf you had knowledge of the imminent death of an innocent person, at the hands of terrorists, you would fail to act just so you can beat your breast at the end of it all and say - "I didnt betray my friends, family or community"?
If the person was innocent (i.e. a civillian) and that information came to me by accident I would make the call.
If however, I was a member of something like the IRA, had signed up knowing what I was doing and knowing what they do then no I wouldnt be a tout.

Im not looking at this from the viewpoint of being a member of the IRA (which im aware he was).

Im just wondering how a strangers life can be so important to you on the street, but not in the context of the troubles. What if the person you rushed across the road to help was an off duty squaddie? How is saving him there, different to saving him in uniform?

pintsofguinness

Im just wondering how a strangers life can be so important to you on the street, but not in the context of the troubles. What if the person you rushed across the road to help was an off duty squaddie? How is saving him there, different to saving him in uniform?
Because if he was off duty I wouldnt know he was a squaddie, if I knew I'd leave him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 07:37:11 PM
Because if he was off duty I wouldnt know he was a squaddie, if I knew I'd leave him.

So you lied when you said you'd step in to help anyone under any circumstance..?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 07:41:58 PM

So you lied when you said you'd step in to help anyone under any circumstance..?
Did I say that? I stand corrected I wouldnt help a soldier or policeman in the north. 

Tony Baloney

Pints, if you do ever find yourself in that situation, you should pull out their wallet and check their id to make sure you're not wasting your time on the wrong category of victim.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 07:51:34 PM

Did I say that? I stand corrected I wouldnt help a soldier or policeman in the north. 

Would you let them help you if you were taking a beating or what if your Girlfriend/Mother/Sister was being attacked would you warn her not to let either of those occupations help her?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 08:00:10 PM

Would you let them help you if you were taking a beating or what if your Girlfriend/Mother/Sister was being attacked would you warn her not to let either of those occupations help her?
Well if I was being attacked I dont think I'd be in a postion to let anyone do anything iif they didnt help though I wouldnt be surprised, it wouldnt be the first time they stood and watched a fenian be kicked to death now would it?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 14, 2009, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2009, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 12, 2009, 10:09:10 PM
You gotta love  calling himself an "agent" working for the branch as if he was recruited for his intellect and guile. He was nothing but a 2 bob tout who loved money more than his family and friends. Suffering from depression and to much drink living on benefits good enough for the c**t
Yup, doesnt matter what side any tout is working on, they're the lowest of the low. 

EVen if they save innocent lives?

Just asking? Youd jump in to save a stranger from a kicking, but you wouldnt open your beak to save someone who was about to be shot?

Save innocent lives my arse! He may have saved a few policemen or soldiers but how many of his neighbours and friends did he get killed or locked up but sure I suppose he's a big hero. 

and no, I wouldnt betray my firends, family or community. 
Btw, do you think any of these touts give a shit about the people they're saving? If they did they wouldnt have joined the IRA, the cared about the money they were getting, they sold out their principles.

I'd say the same if it was a brit giving the IRA information.

There's few things worse than a traitor, no matter what side they are on.
You have admitted to "touting" on Five Times on a number of occassions and him a fellow S. Armagh man too! ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 08:05:41 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 14, 2009, 08:00:10 PM

Well if I was being attacked I dont think I'd be in a postion to let anyone do anything iif they didnt help though I wouldnt be surprised, it wouldnt be the first time they stood and watched a fenian be kicked to death now would it?
You never answered the question about your mother/sister etc being attacked.

pintsofguinness

Well, like me, if they were being attacked they wouldnt be in a postion to let anyone do anything but anyway, they've got their own minds, I wouldnt instruct them to do anything.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2009, 08:15:07 PM
Well, like me, if they were being attacked they wouldnt be in a postion to let anyone do anything but anyway, they've got their own minds, I wouldnt instruct them to do anything.

If a Policeman saved you or any member of your family would you thank them?
Why have you got it in for members of the PSNI?
I know two guys from Clonmel who have just joined in the past year
You'll Never Walk Alone.