Pride of the Parish - New GAA Series

Started by REDCOL, April 10, 2009, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

we were jsut wondering why RTE chose to interview Peter Canavan and Mickrey Harte instead of you   ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 27, 2009, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 27, 2009, 08:15:01 PM
Just watched the episode on Inishturk there on rte.ie and I thought it was very good, it was great to see the effort these lads put in to keep the game alive there. This Friday the show comes from Ballymun, which should be interesting and will be a stark contrast from Inishturk. Beautiful place by the way.

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2532884-512-288.smil

Really enjoyed this program, shows what its all about really.

Finally got around to watching this, just there now. Fantastic television. A great story the Turk lads and the filmmakers must have been counting their lucky stars to see them go on and win it. I'd know of two of the lads - Eugene plays club football with Westport and Danny is a very good rugby player with Westport. But there's no doubting where their heart lies. That really knocked the cynic out of me.
Anyone know how to access the other two programmes? Ballymun and Portumna . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Zulu

Just going to look up the Ballymun one myself R&GS and I presume they are on the RTE website.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 04, 2009, 11:41:24 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on April 27, 2009, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 27, 2009, 08:15:01 PM
Just watched the episode on Inishturk there on rte.ie and I thought it was very good, it was great to see the effort these lads put in to keep the game alive there. This Friday the show comes from Ballymun, which should be interesting and will be a stark contrast from Inishturk. Beautiful place by the way.

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2532884-512-288.smil

Really enjoyed this program, shows what its all about really.

Finally got around to watching this, just there now. Fantastic television. A great story the Turk lads and the filmmakers must have been counting their lucky stars to see them go on and win it. I'd know of two of the lads - Eugene plays club football with Westport and Danny is a very good rugby player with Westport. But there's no doubting where their heart lies. That really knocked the cynic out of me.
Anyone know how to access the other two programmes? Ballymun and Portumna . . .

Here you go Lads

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2531176-512-288.smil

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2536468-512-288.smil

saffron sam2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 04, 2009, 12:12:36 AM
is errigal not an amalgamation of two parishes or whatever happened that it was formed?? the programme will be about that no doubt

Of course it will.

Not.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

toiletroller

Put Pride of the parish into You Tube

ludermor

ONeill

The real story of Errigal is much more interesting than the success. I hope it delves deep into the reasons for the split.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2009, 08:10:24 PM
The real story of Errigal is much more interesting than the success. I hope it delves deep into the reasons for the split.

Don't think it will all the same.

Aaron Boone

The Mickey Harte show so far. They showed Ardboe playing EC there.

orangeman

That Errigal team of 90s and noughties was awesome.

Minder

OM give us three posts then something really special. Ziggy got a thread dedicated for 10000 posts, why should you feel inferior........ ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Really enjoyed that but would need an outsider's perspective.

I know it was mostly the MH show but they perhaps need an angle like that on every episode or they'd all be the same.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2009, 09:01:14 PM
OM give us three posts then something really special. Ziggy got a thread dedicated for 10000 posts, why should you feel inferior........ ;)

Bollox to that - they told me I'd get 2 AI tickets when I got to 10,000.  ;)

magickingdom

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2009, 09:01:40 PM
Really enjoyed that but would need an outsider's perspective.

I know it was mostly the MH show but they perhaps need an angle like that on every episode or they'd all be the same.

very good imo, didnt know any of the history of ec or the split. it may be the mh show but surely its mh and guys like peter canavan that make it worth watching. lovely looking ground with their own corporate box too :D