Own Goals/Points

Started by drici, April 09, 2009, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage

I have heard of a guy playing for Lisburn (i think) that scores own points on a regular basis

Orior

I once scored an own goal playing for Poyntzpass against Tullysarron. I was playing mdifield and while on defensive duty a Tullysarron fired a low ball in from the wing which ricocheted off my ankle into the net. My team mates were pleased.

I've seen midfielders fire off in the wrong direction a few times, but never accurate enough to score.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

The element of surprise gives the scorer a big advantage when it comes to own goals.

David McKeown

We had a friendly about 9 or 10 years ago where the guy marking my brother lost the flight of the ball in the sun, hit off his head and into the net.  To this day my brother still tries to claim it
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

the scenic route

I scored an own goal in a u14 feile final against fair few years ago came out to block full forward coming through. ricocheted off me and in. the block was about 12 yards out but keeper had already gone one way and my block sent it the other it just squirmed in one of them slow motions that are horrible to watch.
but that one andrew's put away in the obyrne cup there is a cracker
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

A Quinn Martin Production

I have to admit of having the embarassment of playing the wrong way after half time.  Spent my entire school career in the full back line.  Can't remember why but at half time in a game the teacher asks me to go in at corner forward for the second half.  All I see from the throw in is the ball coming toward our (their) goal, I sprint into the centre and clean out their big full back (full forward as I thought) with an Aussie Rules type high field, then shoulder the big galoot to the ground.  At this point all I had to do was turn round and the goal was at my mercy.  What do I do?  Start to solo back down the field toward my own goal.  Get to centre field without anyone laying a hand on me...wonder why? and slotted a pass through the eye of a needle with the outside of my boot toward our half forward who was actually our half back.  He catches the ball a hammers it straight back at me at head height (think getting in the way of Alex's free kick last night) with the advice "Get aff the field you f***ing dickhead".  Cue end of my career as the next Andy McCallin.  16 years later bump into a guy in a hotel in Spain whom I'd been to school with and the first thing he says to me is "Remember that day..." :-[
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties