sunday game new presenter

Started by ildanach, April 08, 2009, 05:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 09:50:36 PM
Why are they showing the highlights of the hurling quarter finals first and not the football? These hurling games were televised live earlier by RTE. They also showed highlights of Galway v Donegal after the hurling and before the draw and it was televised live yesterday and no doubt will show highlights tonight again.

Doesn't make sense alright. Why not show extended highlights of the games that weren't covered live be they hurling or football.

Jinxy

I thought Tony Davis was having a stroke or something when Des asked him about the Donegal game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ludermor

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2009, 09:58:46 PM
Evanne was looking well on the news.
Time to give her the prime time slot.

She was looking f**king savage alright!

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2009, 11:15:21 PM
I thought Tony Davis was having a stroke or something when Des asked him about the Donegal game.

;D ;D :D :D

GalwayBayBoy

Tony Davis went into reboot mode there I think. Lights were on but nobody was at home.

KT

Tony should've taken a Leaf outta Tohill's book.  Jesus Anthony, we know you watched the game but your analysis didn't take up the 2006 Collin's A4 Diary, did it??

Azzurri

Des: Tony your thoughts on that one?
Tony: Donegal...eh..Galway. Donegal have done very well...Em...you know...em....(pause)...I've eh...(pause)...playing Cork now in the next round...em.....they've done very well.

Cue laughter Tohill and Des.

Des steps in and rescues poor oul Tony who looked in dis-array

Jinxy

Quote from: ludermor on July 26, 2009, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2009, 09:58:46 PM
Evanne was looking well on the news.
Time to give her the prime time slot.

She was looking f**king savage alright!

I'd give her a shot.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Azzurri on July 26, 2009, 11:31:30 PM
Tony: Donegal...eh..Galway. Donegal have done very well...Em...you know...em....(pause)...I've eh...(pause)...playing Cork now in the next round...em.....they've done very well.

That was funny alright!! He managed to wriggle his way out of it by saying he was thinking about the losing provincial finalists having to play within 7 days. Whether he was or not, he looked a right fool.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Louth Exile

:D :D It was classic, I hope someone puts it up on youtube. Complete rabbit in the headlights, he is useless and I was glad for him

Was I hearing things, or did he go on then to make a comment about 9 out of 10 provincial finalists losing ???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 26, 2009, 11:57:28 PM
:D :D It was classic, I hope someone puts it up on youtube. Complete rabbit in the headlights, he is useless and I was glad for him

Was I hearing things, or did he go on then to make a comment about 9 out of 10 provincial finalists losing ???

Think that 9 out of 10 comment referred to provincial finalists who only get 6 or 7 days rest between the provincial final and the round 4 qualifier. He's probably about right with that one. Provincial finalists in general had a very bad record for a few years there.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Louth Exile

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 27, 2009, 12:13:36 AM

Think that 9 out of 10 comment referred to provincial finalists who only get 6 or 7 days rest between the provincial final and the round 4 qualifier. He's probably about right with that one. Provincial finalists in general had a very bad record for a few years there.

I know what his sentiments were, but its the maths that I question. Where does he get 10 provincial finalists?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 27, 2009, 08:17:17 AM

I know what his sentiments were, but its the maths that I question. Where does he get 10 provincial finalists?

It's the last 10 beaten provincial finalists who have had a weeks rest between the final and next qualifer round. In the case of this year it was Antrim and Galway. Last year it was Fermanagh and so on. Not just a random last 10 provincial finalists.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 27, 2009, 08:31:15 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 27, 2009, 08:17:17 AM

It's the last 10 beaten provincial finalists who have had a weeks rest between the final and next qualifer round. In the case of this year it was Antrim and Galway. Last year it was Fermanagh and so on. Not just a random last 10 provincial finalists.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had a few pints on board when I was watching it.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Azzurri on July 26, 2009, 11:31:30 PM

Any chance anyone can post this up?  It was  hilarious TV gold, I nearly felt sorry for him for a brief moment, it will have to be in the top 20 GAA moments of 2009!