Question: Red Card / Referee's report / Disciplinary Sanctions

Started by Lorcs, April 07, 2009, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcs

I'm currently trying to navigate the muddy waters of the GAA's disciplinary system for the first time, and was wondering if anyone can clarify the following:

• Is there a time limit on the receipt of the referee's report after a game, i.e. should a County Board receive the report no more than X days after the event?
  • Should participating clubs recieve a copy of said report after a game (especially if yellow / red cards were shown), and within what timeframe?
  • Is there a time limit on the communication of a proposed disciplinary sanction to a club/player, i.e. should a sanction be communicated no more than X days after the event?

I have skimmed through the Offical Guide and can't make head nor tail of it, so unless anyone can help, we'll just have to call in the lawyers!  ;)

Seriously though, this involves a game at European level, and we're not sure what the situation is, have yet to recieve any word from the County Board (17 days after the events "alleged" to have taken place), and want to know our options

Thanks in advance,
Lorcs

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Lorcs

Heres as far as i can read from Armagh, dont know how other counties/provinces operate?

* Is there a time limit on the receipt of the referee's report after a game, i.e. should a County Board receive the report no more than X days after the event?

No later than 3 days, if there is a disciplinary matter it should be sent via fax/handed to the secretary of the board/association within 24 hiurs of the game

* Should participating clubs recieve a copy of said report after a game (especially if yellow / red cards were shown), and within what timeframe?

Clubs can request a copy of match reports, but as far as i am aware this request can be turned down

* Is there a time limit on the communication of a proposed disciplinary sanction to a club/player, i.e. should a sanction be communicated no more than X days after the event?

Usually the players club secretary will be infored by the board of the suspension etc. but not sure how long, varies
Its all about the Hurling.

heffo

1. Is there a time limit on the receipt of the referee's report after a game, i.e. should a County Board receive the report no more than X days after the event?

A ref's report should be received within three days, less if it's contentious but it is not deemed inadmissable if received later

2. Should participating clubs recieve a copy of said report after a game (especially if yellow / red cards were shown), and within what timeframe?

It sanctions apply - two yellows or straight red for anyone involved in your club - then the Secretary of the 'guilty' club will receive a proposed sanction from the relevant committee - there are no definitive rules as to a time limit on receipt of said sanction

3. Is there a time limit on the communication of a proposed disciplinary sanction to a club/player, i.e. should a sanction be communicated no more than X days after the event?

Not that I'm aware of as per TO - anyone who receives a straight red automatically misses the next game

---------

If you have any specific queries let me know as I've experience on both sides of the fence as it were and can probably assist you

Lorcs

Thanks for that lads, as far as I can see there is no defined time limit, so I guess  we're not getting away with it on that basis! I've taken the easy step of contacting the Co. Board asking what's happening...

stpauls

Lorcs,

with regards to the first 2 points, see the posts above.

on point 3, in Down, it is usually decided at the next disicplinary meeting after the game, and the suspensions etc are decided then and if there is a suspension to be handed down, then it is from the date when the player was carded/sent off, and not the meeting date!!

hope that makes sense!  :-\

Carbery

Lorcs,
If one of your players received a Red card then I suugest that you contact the secretary of the organising committee and ascertain the position of your player.
Hope this is of help to you
Carbery

Lorcs

OK folks, an additional question here:

- The player concerned has finally been notified of the proposed sanction (4 weeks, minimum allowed for a Category II offence, which equates to 1 full tournament in Europe)
- As far as I can see, the notice is directed to the player, not to the club, although it has been sent to the Club Secretary

The question is:

- Is the club obliged to back him up on this?
- Or is the decision regarding an appeal made by the club, rather than the player?

Thanks,
Lorcs

Davitt Man

Lads is there a rule where by a player who recievces 2 red cards in the same season must serve a one match ban??

This player recieved 2 yellows and a red in recent games. Does he have to serve a 1 match ban?

stpauls

Quote from: Davitt Man on April 29, 2009, 10:57:10 AM
Lads is there a rule where by a player who recievces 2 red cards in the same season must serve a one match ban??

This player recieved 2 yellows and a red in recent games. Does he have to serve a 1 match ban?

DM, i think it is dependant on what county your club is in as i think i differs for each county.