How did you meet your other half?

Started by irunthev, April 03, 2009, 04:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 03, 2009, 05:41:39 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 03, 2009, 05:28:46 PM
I met her at Anfield. I knew she was the woman for me when at her first hurling match we beat Cork.

Surely the fact she was at Anfield was enough to convince you?

Well, yeah. But when she didn't run screaming from Thurles when I was going into complete meltdown as Ken McGrath smashed over the winning point after we had frittered away a six point lead . . . it wasn't just that she was worth having, it was utterly essential

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Knew the good lady for years socially, always fancied her, didn't see her for a long time, then one night (International Rules game) met these two lads, ended up in the Roddys in Belfast, anyway who comes to collect the boys but herself! She left me home and I got her number. Months later was in the Bot and gave herself a call, asked if she'd like a drink (she's not a big drinker), told me that she was leaving Cavan after Cavan had beat Down and that she'd need more then one drink! That was the night I met my beautiful wife.  :)

P.s Thanks Cavan.  ;D

P.p.s what sealed it was as well as being a GAA woman she's also a Celtic fan.  ;D
Tbc....

deiseach

Keep the (serious) ones coming, people. I love each and every happy story!

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ONeill

1994. Portrush. Had a sore head. Was at a house party but not drinking. She was a student nurse and had been doing a course on massage. She massaged my head. Next day she made me dinner and poisoned me. Married her 8 years later.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

WTF is happening to this place? Frickin Bebo wouldn't be as bad. I think we're on the brink of pictures of kittens at this stage. If that happens, I'm gone.

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Hardy

Bye.

I'll use the time I'm saving to devise a recipe for kittenburgers.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on April 04, 2009, 05:18:42 PM
WTF is happening to this place? Frickin Bebo wouldn't be as bad. I think we're on the brink of pictures of kittens at this stage. If that happens, I'm gone.
I know, one week it's this shite and the next week it'll be a competition on who can make the most vulgar sexual remarks  ::).
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: deiseach on April 04, 2009, 04:02:24 AM
Hopefully you will like this one

About 4 years ago I visited Fatima for the second time.  The first time I was there I had prayed about a job for myself from which I could afford to get married and have a family.  A short time later, I got the job I was praying for.  So second time I was there (August 2006) I made a petition to Our Lady of Fatima for a woman who would understand me and that I would understand her hopes and dreams and that our hopes and dreams would coincide...

Less than a month later, I was on a site I had been a member of for years and saw my woman's profile on it, she had made it as uninviting as possible but I sent her a message all the same and almost immediately got a reply from her.  After that first message, both of us knew that we had each found our soulmate.  We got married just over a year later and we had our first son in January this year.

Say what youse like, I don't care.  I know what I have and I know how I got what I have.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 04, 2009, 07:01:27 PM

About 4 years ago I visited Fatima for the second time.  The first time I was there I had prayed about a job for myself from which I could afford to get married and have a family.  A short time later, I got the job I was praying for.  So second time I was there (August 2006) I made a petition to Our Lady of Fatima for a woman who would understand me and that I would understand her hopes and dreams and that our hopes and dreams would coincide...

Less than a month later, I was on a site I had been a member of for years and saw my woman's profile on it, she had made it as uninviting as possible but I sent her a message all the same and almost immediately got a reply from her.  After that first message, both of us knew that we had each found our soulmate.  We got married just over a year later and we had our first son in January this year.

Say what youse like, I don't care.  I know what I have and I know how I got what I have.
So you didn't pray for an end to famine or wars around the world then? It's all me, me, me with you. Selfish hoor :D

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 04, 2009, 07:19:35 PM

So you didn't pray for an end to famine or wars around the world then? It's all me, me, me with you. Selfish hoor :D
:D

Ya ballix  ;D

Course I did... it wasn't uppermost in my mind though.

In all honesty too, I don't think my prayers for an end to famine or wars would have made a difference, do you ?  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Main Street

Some might say that the task to find you your soulmate was infinitely greater :)
Nice story.

The Real Laoislad

Fair play to you...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on April 04, 2009, 05:18:42 PM

Hardy, I'd say you are more of a baby pictures thread man.
MWWSI 2017