Quote from: corn02 on April 09, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 09, 2009, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: kumquat on April 08, 2009, 11:44:47 PM
i think tiger will win this at a canter, im backing the following each way:

Rory Mc Ilroy 30/1 PP
Vijay Singh 80/1 PP
Graeme Mc Dowell 125/1 PP

All £5 E/W

I know April may be the season of fools but this is one of the most ridculous posts I have seen in a long while. If u think Tiger will win at a canter why would u waste your time betting £30 on three outsiders?

My betting skills is not the best but surely you would make more with a tenner on one of those outsiders placing than £30 on Tiger on the nose?

Thats not the point tho. if u believe someone was going to win at a canter why would u back against him? Maybe place money I can understand. When your backing someone each way half the money is going on a win so you are backing against your own convictions!

Bogball XV

You can get odds without Woods, if you feel he'll walk it, and even without Mickelson and Woods.

Our Nail Loney

Rory Mc Ilroy 30/1 PP
Vijay Singh 80/1 PP

All £5 E/W

I know April may be the season of fools but this is one of the most ridculous posts I have seen in a long while. If u think Tiger will win at a canter why would u waste your time betting £30 on three outsiders?

My betting skills is not the best but surely you would make more with a tenner on one of those outsiders placing than £30 on Tiger on the nose?

Thirty on Tiger at the best price 5/2 would get you back £105...

For the above bets, if Rory places you re lifting 42.50, for Vijay its 105 and Graeme 130... If one of them wins of course its a differenct kettle of fish...

If you were doing these ones like Mickey said you should prob have taken the place only market, not waste your half stake on the win part... Or even the Top Ten Finish Market which offers a lot of value as well.

corn02

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 09, 2009, 10:25:14 AM

Rory Mc Ilroy 30/1 PP
Vijay Singh 80/1 PP

All £5 E/W

Thats not the point tho. if u believe someone was going to win at a canter why would u back against him? Maybe place money I can understand. When your backing someone each way half the money is going on a win so you are backing against your own convictions!

See where you are coming from alright, but bets are about money and there is more money in it if those e/wers come home.

Woods was 7/4 earlier in the week. Golf is possibly the hardest sport to bet on, not much value in it.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 09, 2009, 10:29:04 AM

Rory Mc Ilroy 30/1 PP
Vijay Singh 80/1 PP

All £5 E/W

For the above bets, if Rory places you re lifting 42.50, for Vijay its 105 and Graeme 130... If one of them wins of course its a differenct kettle of fish...

If you were doing these ones like Mickey said you should prob have taken the place only market, not waste your half stake on the win part... Or even the Top Ten Finish Market which offers a lot of value as well.

Woods 5/2 now, he was 7/4 earlier in the week?

Our Nail Loney

You can still get 100/30 on Tiger in Tommy French Bookmakers Lurgan for those that are interested, also paying out first six for the place...

Just a plug there...

Anyway I didnt fancy Tiger, even at te 100/30 and didnt really wanna invest much in the golf so I just did 5er ew on these three:

Nick Watney
Robert Karlsson
Camillo Villegas

Two 40/1s and a 50/1 I think I got them at, not sure whch is whish though!!

Katchit

Some great value in who you think will win the 3-balls as well and keeps it very interesting in groups you wouldn't really care about.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 09, 2009, 10:32:04 AM
You can still get 100/30 on Tiger in Tommy French Bookmakers Lurgan for those that are interested, also paying out first six for the place...

Just a plug there...

Anyway I didnt fancy Tiger, even at te 100/30 and didnt really wanna invest much in the golf so I just did 5er ew on these three:

Nick Watney
Robert Karlsson
Camillo Villegas

Two 40/1s and a 50/1 I think I got them at, not sure whch is whish though!!

You should get a run with Karlson and Villegas Lonesome.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on April 09, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 09, 2009, 10:29:04 AM

Rory Mc Ilroy 30/1 PP
Vijay Singh 80/1 PP

All £5 E/W

Woods 5/2 now, he was 7/4 earlier in the week?

Not going by the online bookies, going by our local bookies which give more value...

Toals have Tiger at 5/2, bt as I said in the post above we are giving 100/30 Tiger (for bets up to £50 per customer though to stop ppl trading on Betfair, 5/2 for anything above fifty)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Katchit on April 09, 2009, 10:33:26 AM
Some great value in who you think will win the 3-balls as well and keeps it very interesting in groups you wouldn't really care about.

I normally wait for the two balls before I have a good bet but the three balls are good craic, especially with the dead heat rules so you can't get beat on the tie...

SidelineKick

Quote from: corn02 on April 09, 2009, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on April 09, 2009, 10:07:56 AM
I threw £5 ew on McIlroy the wee b**tard. Cant stand the sight of the hoor so hope he does either really well or completely shit.

I wont be happy if he comes 7th.

A lot of people don't seem to like him, personally I do. I think he is a inspiration to us all and mature well beyond his years.

But corn you know yourself I am immature well beyond my years.  Me and McIlroy have our differences. I don't like him and he doesnt know I exist, we'll agree to disagree.

(The smug faced c*nt)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Bogball XV

it hardly matters, Woods' group will be the only one we see (even on Sunday if he's 10 back he'll still be dominating our viewing) and of course the darling of the bbc, justin rose!!

Katchit

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 09, 2009, 10:42:47 AM
it hardly matters, Woods' group will be the only one we see (even on Sunday if he's 10 back he'll still be dominating our viewing) and of course the darling of the bbc, justin rose!!

Very true, I think there is interactive now though. Also Rory seems to be a new favourite with the BBC now, his odds are sickening by the way, 30 odd to 1 ? Ha stupid if you take that.

Luke Donald around 4/5 to beat S Ames and G Player - Basically it's Donald against Ames and the former has a very decent record here recently whilst Ames missed the cut last year.

corn02

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 09, 2009, 10:42:47 AM

Really grinds my gears. Sky are getting worse as well. We all want to see Tiger but I want to see the rest as well. It is beyond a joke.

Hardy

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 09, 2009, 10:25:14 AM

Spot on Mickey. Back the place on Betfair. Unlike the bookies, they don't rob you by forcing you to back the win when all you want is the place.