Apr 9-12 Georgia: The Masters

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 02, 2009, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

No money left. Can someone stick a pound on Wilson for me as top debutant?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossie11

QuoteThe live coverage isn't a BBC issue.

Augusta dictate that there is a limited to the amount of golf allowed on television, no advertising on the course, caddies wearing uniforms, and no advertising on US tv (or else very limited).

Its true. Not too long ago they would only allow the last 9 holes on Sunday to be shown live..

Rossie11

Oneill, that market is gone now that the thing has started

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 09, 2009, 05:03:38 PM
QuoteThe live coverage isn't a BBC issue.

Augusta dictate that there is a limited to the amount of golf allowed on television, no advertising on the course, caddies wearing uniforms, and no advertising on US tv (or else very limited).

Its true. Not too long ago they would only allow the last 9 holes on Sunday to be shown live..

Fair enough....still a load of balls though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

The Real Laoislad

Harrington -1 thru 10,club house leader Tim Clark -4
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on April 09, 2009, 01:19:25 PM
What are the chances of Rose being leader after the first round for the fourth year in a row?

+2 thru 12 so not likely I'd say
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Chad (the soup not the country) has birdied the first 5 holes.

Paddy the Slam at -2. Birdied the short 12th.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Paddy -3. Dreaded 15th coming up though.

Graeme -2
MWWSI 2017

cicfada

the official site is excellent....www.masters.com. Videos, interviews, interactive map showing live views of the holes and who is on them at the moment!

cicfada

Does anyone else find it amazing that there are two holes, the 11th and thirteenth with just 5 yards difference. But the 11th is  a par 4 and the 13th is a par 5?? I mean does 5 yards to these  golfers who can hit the ball so far make that much difference?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: cicfada on April 09, 2009, 07:54:01 PM
Does anyone else find it amazing that there are two holes, the 11th and thirteenth with just 5 yards difference. But the 11th is  a par 4 and the 13th is a par 5?? I mean does 5 yards to these  golfers who can hit the ball so far make that much difference?

:o

muppet

Quote from: cicfada on April 09, 2009, 07:54:01 PM

Paddy bogeyed the 15th as usual. If he had played that hole in level par in 2007 he would have been champion.
MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

Quote from: cicfada on April 09, 2009, 07:47:47 PM
the official site is excellent....www.masters.com. Videos, interviews, interactive map showing live views of the holes and who is on them at the moment!

cant watch it in this region...  >:(