Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carol6

Did I strike a nerve there Mike? Truth is truth whether it is in Killarney, Cork, Belfast or wherever.As for scor being better in the north than anywhere else, I would not claim to be a judge of that but I would say that 5 out of 8 All Ireland titles went to the nine counties of Ulster last year so I suppose that is something. But we must not get complacent in our little province, there is so much work still to be done before we head off to meet our cynical cousins in Killarney next weekend.
Feel free to join us if you can afford the 22 Euro ;D

HokeyPokey

Does anyone think that if this hadn't been on setanta would this have been noticed?

SidelineKick

Quote from: HokeyPokey on April 08, 2009, 01:40:36 PM
Does anyone think that if this hadn't been on setanta would this have been noticed?

I noticed it because it happened right in front of me.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteDid I strike a nerve there Mike? Truth is truth whether it is in Killarney, Cork, Belfast or wherever.As for scor being better in the north than anywhere else, I would not claim to be a judge of that but I would say that 5 out of 8 All Ireland titles went to the nine counties of Ulster last year so I suppose that is something. But we must not get complacent in our little province, there is so much work still to be done before we head off to meet our cynical cousins in Killarney next weekend.
Feel free to join us if you can afford the 22 Euro

Oh, thats right, I forgot that you invented Scor 8 years ago on top of your invention of Gaelic Football circa 2002. Its a only a matter of time before you invent hurling.

jodyb

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 07, 2009, 07:49:20 PM
QuoteWhat can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change?

They need to get a lot more cynical and basically do whatever it takes to win. I dont think they have crossed that threshold yet...its hard to get players like
Reidy or Young to go around shouting in fellas faces etc, its just not in their nature
Sorry Mike, gotta call you on that. I think you're looking at your county with green and gold tinted specs. There's few more vitriolic and in your face than Donaghy. I dunno how he gets away with it.

carol6

[/quote]
Sorry Mike, gotta call you on that. I think you're looking at your county with green and gold tinted specs. There's few more vitriolic and in your face than Donaghy. I dunno how he gets away with it.
[/quote]

Come on now give poor Mike a break, that man is the defender of all that is holy and sacred in The GAA  ::). Of course he has green and gold tainted glasses, most supporters do when it comes to people pointing out the slightest flaws that they , and only they, could feel exist in their players. By the way just wondering in these days of economic hardship if Mac Donalds have been in touch regarding advertising space for that big chip on your shoulder Mike? Would they call it A Big Mike? Bring it along to the scor and wear it like a sandwich board and perhaps you could earn the old 22 euro admission that way? ;D

Mike Sheehy

QuoteCome on now give poor Mike a break, that man is the defender of all that is holy and sacred in The GAA  . Of course he has green and gold tainted glasses, most supporters do when it comes to people pointing out the slightest flaws that they , and only they, could feel exist in their players. By the way just wondering in these days of economic hardship if Mac Donalds have been in touch regarding advertising space for that big chip on your shoulder Mike? Would they call it A Big Mike? Bring it along to the scor and wear it like a sandwich board and perhaps you could earn the old 22 euro admission that way?

Listen, I'll just give you the 22Euro if you'll stop whinging about it. Jesus you lads are as tight as f**k.

A weekend away from that kip your from , and spending it in heavens reflex....not sure why you are complaining except that you are from Tymoan and thats what you do.

ziggysego

Better than being from Cryie ;)
Testing Accessibility

jodyb

Heard on Athlone local radio tonight that McGuigan got 4 weeks this evening. Dunno how they heard it before any other station

johnpower

Quote from: jodyb on April 09, 2009, 10:52:55 PM
Heard on Athlone local radio tonight that McGuigan got 4 weeks this evening. Dunno how they heard it before any other station

The tone is set for the year .If the cameras are about then every one must behave . Once there is consistency I have no major problem with the video (or dvd) evidence been used but I hope that the authorities do not get carried away .Hurling seem to just get on with it

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: johnpower on April 09, 2009, 11:43:55 PM

The tone is set for the year .If the cameras are about then every one must behave . Once there is consistency I have no major problem with the video (or dvd) evidence been used but I hope that the authorities do not get carried away .Hurling seem to just get on with it

They didnt behave in the Monaghan Kildare game when the camera's were about and that didnt seem to matter. Seems most counties are safe from the use of video evidence.

johnpower

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2009, 11:49:39 PM
Heard on Etheline local radio tonight that McGowan got 4 weeks this evening. Dunno how they heard it before any other station

The tone is set for the year .If the cameras are about then every one must behave . Once there is consistency I have no major problem with the video (or DOD) evidence been used but I hope that the authorities do not get carried away .Hurling seem to just get on with it

They didn't behave in the Monaghan Kildare game when the camera's were about and that didnt seem to matter. Seems most counties are safe from the use of video evidence.

Missed that one was away was it bad ? I hope it is not applied to only high profile games or teams

Fear ón Srath Bán

Exactly John, and therein lies the rub.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Onion Bag

They didnt behave in the Monaghan Kildare game when the camera's were about and that didnt seem to matter. Seems most counties are safe from the use of video evidence.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: johnpower on April 09, 2009, 11:52:25 PM
Heard on Etheline local radio tonight that McGowan got 4 weeks this evening. Dunno how they heard it before any other station

The tone is set for the year .If the cameras are about then every one must behave . Once there is consistency I have no major problem with the video (or DOD) evidence been used but I hope that the authorities do not get carried away .Hurling seem to just get on with it

They didn't behave in the Monaghan Kildare game when the camera's were about and that didnt seem to matter. Seems most counties are safe from the use of video evidence.

Missed that one was away was it bad ? I hope it is not applied to only high profile games or teams

There was 2 or 3 incidents that were at least as bad as the Tyrone game. They were highlighted that night by RTE but there wasnt another word about them after it. Maguire01 admitted after it that he would have no problem if the players were suspended for the nasty incidents. Tyrone have a right to be extremely angry over this. There can be no justification for the selective use of video evidence. There was another incident in the Tyrone Derry game involving a Derry player that easily could have been picked up on but wasnt. The anti Ulster/Tyrone bias on Setanta matches is also not on and I hope they never get there hands on championship games unless there are major changes there.