Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 03, 2009, 01:34:43 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 03, 2009, 01:30:11 AM
Haha, no sorry to disapoint there Sherlock!

Too smart for me then, I really believed that, really believed that...

Do you ever be on HS these days?

Tyrones own

QuoteFrom they way he speaks about peoples mothers (who incidently he has never met) on the pitch, from how and where he grabs opponents, from the way he runs 300m to roar in the face if an injured player etc. I think it's pretty much set in stone. You are entitled of course to respect him, but if you do it says more for you than it does for me.

Fcuk me what does he do Oakleafer, run a lap or two before reaching the injured lad to abuse him... yet another example
of the gross exaggerations metered out by the Anti Tyrone Brigade any and every chance they get *yawn*
Do me a favor, quote any post you can find where by any of us here condoned what Rice did to Galvin :-[
Then when you've that done...build a bridge and get over yourself like a good lad!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

Quoteof the gross exaggerations metered out by the Anti-Tyrone-Thugs-brigade any and

fixed that for you Dubya.....

DUBSFORSAM1

God the whinging from the Tyrone fans is getting ridiculous at this stage..
1 - Tommy shouldn't be banned cause the ref dealt with it
2 - Tommy shouldn't be banned cause he didn't hit him hard
3 - Tommy shouldn't be banned cause no-one was killed
4 - Tommy shouldn't be banned cause SML exaggerated
5 - Tommy shouldn't be banned cause SML wasn't banned for something else or Monaghan players weren't etc...

Why can't you accept he shouldn't have done it, it was against the rules, it is a banning offence and he should be banned.....your issue then is yes he should be banned but why are other incidents not being investigated...(the same arguement could be applied as to how Tyrone players seem to win frees a lot easier than other counties players as well)...

under the bar

DUBSFORSAM, has it ever crossed your mind how Ciaran Whelan can punch a player full in the face, on camera in front of the referee and it never gets jumped all over in the press or receives a card or a retrospective ban? 

I do not no any current player, Tyrone or otherwise who has meted out as many violent acts yet gets away scot-free on each occasion.   Tommy McGuigan's act, whilst also unacceptable, pales into insignificance by comparison to Whelans back-catalogue of thuggery. 

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: under the bar on April 03, 2009, 09:18:02 AM
DUBSFORSAM, has it ever crossed your mind how Ciaran Whelan can punch a player full in the face, on camera in front of the referee and it never gets jumped all over in the press or receives a card or a retrospective ban? 

I do not no any current player, Tyrone or otherwise who has meted out as many violent acts yet gets away scot-free on each occasion.   Tommy McGuigan's act, whilst also unacceptable, pales into insignificance by comparison to Whelans back-catalogue of thuggery. 

That crap...Ciaran Whelan has got loads of grief in the papers etc....He got suspended after the brawl against Meath didn't he??? Did the Dublin fans/mgmt come out saying thats its a disgrace, that he shouldn't be suspended because other people get off?? No they accepted the suspension and left it there...

cornafean

I do not no any current player, Tyrone or otherwise who has meted out as many violent acts yet gets away scot-free on each occasion. 

A certain veteran midfielder from Kerry?
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 03, 2009, 09:20:42 AM

That crap...Ciaran Whelan has got loads of grief in the papers etc....He got suspended after the brawl against Meath didn't he??? Did the Dublin fans/mgmt come out saying thats its a disgrace, that he shouldn't be suspended because other people get off?? No they accepted the suspension and left it there...

not to many actual suspensions but compared to the amount of incidents.
the one mentioned above where he decked yer man at the throw is the perfect example
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

orangeman

What about this new part of the GAA rules body referred to in today's Irish News by Mickey Harte - it's a new body called the SSCC -

Setanta Selectice Control Committee !!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 03, 2009, 01:40:58 AM
Do you ever be on HS these days?

No, I grew up, you should try it sometime. *

* And my nursery school best friend in the whole world agrees with me.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Refs under pressure to review decisions

IT'S wonderful to see that inconsistency is alive and well within the discipline domain of the GAA.

With the SSCC (Setanta Selective Control Committee) allied to, and reinforced by, the PMSC (Print Media Selective Committee), it was hardly surprising to find out officially, after more than 24 hours on the media grapevine, that the incident involving Tommy McGuigan (pictured below left) and Sean Marty Lockhart in our game against Derry last weekend was to become the subject of further investigation.

This incident was dealt with by the referee at the time (in fact, David Coldrick (pictured below right) spent 25 seconds dealing directly with Tommy before he issued a black card).

Of course, we are all now aware that the referee may be asked to reconsider his

interpretation of a particular incident if the regulator, Setanta Sports in this case, decide it is one of the highlights.

And we also know that the referee feels under no pressure to change his view if he has no ambition to get more top quality games.

Conversely, however, if you accept that you acted with a degree of incompetence in the first instance, then a high-flying career with the whistle is most likely.

This scenario reminds me of the story about the guy who went to the theatre to see a play and couldn't wait to read what the critics said about it to see if he liked it or not.

Was the referee asked to review any of the rest of his decisions? It seems strange that there have been more than 60 games played in all four divisions of the National Football League since the Ricey incident, and I am not aware of any other reviews.

Statistically, how likely is that?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 10:25:27 AM
Statistically, how likely is that?

A nailed on certainty if it's about Tyrone I'd say.

I've figured out what CCCC stands for: Chimpanzee, Chimpanzee, Chimpanzee & Chimpanzee... they hear, see and speak even less than the 3 monkeys, with a sole exception.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

EC Unique

SML should be ashamed of himself in this. The simulation and throwing himself to the ground in 'agony' was a disgrace and he is probably imbarrassed by the whole thing now :-\  Not really his form but frustration is creaping into his game as his speed is starting to leave him..

orangeman

SML as you say wouldn't be renowned for feigning injury - I just think that there's so much of this feigning of injuries, play acting, trying to get players sent off etc in the game nowadays.

The GAA have actually brought this upon themselves with the new rules. It's now possible to get sent off ( via a yellow card ) for doing very little if anything - eg Brian Mc Guigan. On the other hand you can still sink the shoe in a man ( Rory Woods ) or decapitate a man ( Monaghan goalie ) and get off with it ! 

dubinhell

Quote from: tyronefan on April 02, 2009, 10:55:54 AM
no seemly they can revisit the incident if the ref admits he made a mistake and did not deal with it properly at the time

mostly this rule only applies to northern teams

or Collie Moran