Tommy Mc Guigan Ban

Started by Oakleafer93, April 01, 2009, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 07, 2009, 05:07:21 AM
lads, lots of comments, lots of coccck being talked ::) Mickey Harte made the point that there have been 60 games played since McMenemins episode, yet this has been the first "incident of note" since that. Hes right ( again) , I started a thread on Selective video evidence right after "ballgate", and its clearly true, their was fucck all to the challenge, the usual march NFL BS thats been going on for years. My point in MY thread was that if one player gets suspended on Video evidence, then all intercounty games should be videoed, and assessed afterwards

I see you've taken a shine to Mickey's excellent use of brackets in his articles (hilarious).

I also noticed you obviously didnt see the Tommy incident - it wasn't a "challenge" as you so nicely put it. It was a knee raised into the groin.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

under the bar

It's probable that HQ's policy is to record all Tyrone games from every angle so they can create a catalougue of misdemenaours which would go unnoticed in other games to ensure Tyrone are handicapped at the business end of the season.   

All this to prevent another embarrassing "annihilation nation" of the traditional big two Dublin & Kerry.   

EC Unique

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 07, 2009, 06:01:36 AM
Quotelads, lots of comments, lots of coccck being talked  Mickey Harte made the point that there have been 60 games played since McMenemins episode, yet this has been the first "incident of note" since that. Hes right ( again) , I started a thread on Selective video evidence right after "ballgate", and its clearly true, their was fucck all to the challenge, the usual march NFL BS thats been going on for years. My point in MY thread was that if one player gets suspended on Video evidence, then all intercounty games should be videoed, and assessed afterwards

oh what a w**ker ::)

Mike I am afraid it is you that is coming across as the 'w**ker' here. You are as transparent as a sheet of glass. You dislike of all things Tyrone is laughable and obviously stems from Kerry's failings against Tyrone in the big matches that matter the last 5 or 6 years. You are acting like a child and you should gather up your toys and try to think constructively. What can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change? This is where you should channel your energy.  Then you will not look like such a 'w**ker' as you put it :-\

lfdown2

Quote from: EC Unique on April 07, 2009, 09:29:02 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 07, 2009, 06:01:36 AM
Quotelads, lots of comments, lots of coccck being talked  Mickey Harte made the point that there have been 60 games played since McMenemins episode, yet this has been the first "incident of note" since that. Hes right ( again) , I started a thread on Selective video evidence right after "ballgate", and its clearly true, their was fucck all to the challenge, the usual march NFL BS thats been going on for years. My point in MY thread was that if one player gets suspended on Video evidence, then all intercounty games should be videoed, and assessed afterwards

oh what a w**ker ::)

Mike I am afraid it is you that is coming across as the 'w**ker' here. You are as transparent as a sheet of glass. You dislike of all things Tyrone is laughable and obviously stems from Kerry's failings against Tyrone in the big matches that matter the last 5 or 6 years. You are acting like a child and you should gather up your toys and try to think constructively. What can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change? This is where you should channel your energy.  Then you will not look like such a 'w**ker' as you put it :-\

have they changed to an open draw and i missed it?   ;)

saffron sam2

I would like to interject and point out that Tommy McGuigan fully deserves his ban and that the GAA are fully entitled to use any available video evidence to punish such incidents.

Much of the rest of this thread is irrelevant whataboutery.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

supersarsfields

I would disagree SS. Ban McGuigan, he prob deserves one. But that doesn't take away from the fact that all teams should be treated equally. Which I would suggest means that any misdemeanor in any game will be as likely to suffer the same consequences as any other game whether a televised game or not.
And I wouldn't see this as irrelevant given the nature of the thread.

billy the kid

Quote from: Shadylimp on April 02, 2009, 02:34:57 PM
Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on April 02, 2009, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 02, 2009, 01:35:52 PM
Tommy is not a dirty player and Sean Marty was giving him plenty of stick - I'm not trying to defend his actions but surely there has to be a consistent approach with regard to all of this video evidence stuff -

Last year Meath and Dublin played in the national league - it was on TG4 - there was a bit of a melee and very, very hefty suspensions were handed down. On the exact same day, Armagh played Cork in the national league in Crossmaglen and there was a melee but no action was taken as it wasn't on TV.

Surely the system needs changed ??

Or alternatively your lads could cut out the shite and behave like civilised human beings perhaps????  That way we wouldn't have to discuss these unsavoury incidents after all your games!!

There was a great picture in the tyrone times this week of sean marty lockhart with his knee in sean cavanaghs throat whilst cavanagh was on the ground. (lockhart with the ball in his hands too!) But sure the tyrone players were the only ones up to dirty tricks the other night.  ::)

At last a Tyronie willing to tell the truth. ;) ;) Thank you ;D ;D
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

Quote from: under the bar on April 02, 2009, 11:40:59 AM
Invariably the bigger teams are the ones to suffer as a result since their gamea re the ones televised.

Still no word about Ciaran McKeever allegedly jumping the fence to punch a man's lights out then sneaking back over again to his seat.   Indiscipline needs to be investigated whether incidents are televised or not.

Would anyone care to elaborate on this bit about Mckeever?

Sounds about right for that man.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

saffron sam2

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 07, 2009, 12:29:47 PM
I would disagree SS. Ban McGuigan, he prob deserves one. But that doesn't take away from the fact that all teams should be treated equally. Which I would suggest means that any misdemeanor in any game will be as likely to suffer the same consequences as any other game whether a televised game or not.

There is already a thread on the selective use of video evidence http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11359.0. This thread IMO is solely about Tommy McGuigan's ban.

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

supersarsfields

Well we'll have to disagree on that then SS. It's hardly a large jump going from discussing someone getting a ban based on TV footage to discussing how TV footage is affecting games.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMike I am afraid it is you that is coming across as the 'w**ker' here. You are as transparent as a sheet of glass. You dislike of all things Tyrone is laughable and obviously stems from Kerry's failings against Tyrone in the big matches that matter the last 5 or 6 years. You are acting like a child and you should gather up your toys and try to think constructively. What can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change? This is where you should channel your energy.  Then you will not look like such a 'w**ker' as you put it

look through Cadlachan's previous posts and all will be revealed.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWhat can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change?

They need to get a lot more cynical and basically do whatever it takes to win. I dont think they have crossed that threshold yet...its hard to get players like
Reidy or Young to go around shouting in fellas faces etc, its just not in their nature.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 07, 2009, 12:29:47 PM

Agreed, anyone who knees an opponent in the nuts should get banned no matter who they play for. Tyrone need to realise it is not a campaign against them, it is their lack of discipline which is the problem but sure Mickey will blame a media campaign instead of telling his players to wise up. Is omagh the common denominator in all these incidents?? Now we know why Mickey wants to take Armagh game to Croker

carol6

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 07, 2009, 07:49:20 PM
QuoteWhat can Kerry do to beat Tyrone in the Championship? What must they change?

They need to get a lot more cynical and basically do whatever it takes to win. I dont think they have crossed that threshold yet...its hard to get players like
Reidy or Young to go around shouting in fellas faces etc, its just not in their nature.

Kerry need to get even more cynical? Now that is a laugh. Ask Billy Morgan about Kerry and cynicism, watch the carry on just before half time in the all ireland final and you will see all you want to see about kerry and cynicism. As long as things are going their way all's grand but once it gets tough you see a different side to them. I watched The Gooch and Donaghy in Parnell Park and several others, and it was fun watching their carry on when things were not going their way.The whiter than whites, defenders of all that is good and great in the game? Don't make me laugh. By the way you besmirch the name of one of the greatest gaelic footballers of all time everytime you post with your anti northern rubbish.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteKerry need to get even more cynical? Now that is a laugh. Ask Billy Morgan about Kerry and cynicism, watch the carry on just before half time in the all ireland final and you will see all you want to see about kerry and cynicism. As long as things are going their way all's grand but once it gets tough you see a different side to them. I watched The Gooch and Donaghy in Parnell Park and several others, and it was fun watching their carry on when things were not going their way.The whiter than whites, defenders of all that is good and great in the game? Don't make me laugh. By the way you besmirch the name of one of the greatest gaelic footballers of all time everytime you post with your anti northern rubbish.

I trust you'll share these views in Killarney in a few weeks time.....or will you just bore everybody there with how much better Scor is in the North and why its such a scandal that its being held in kerry again.