WISDOM TEETH!!

Started by D4S, March 31, 2009, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 01, 2009, 07:06:06 PM
QuoteJust to pick up on what someone else said about the cost.  I know in America they have to pay a lot, just wondering what the story is here, I was under the impression as I was being referred to hospital it is a necessary procedure where I wouldn't have to pay.
You're in for a shock then!

Ah no way! I honestly thought that! How much does it cost? must get onto google!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

Quote from: D4S on April 01, 2009, 07:32:49 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 01, 2009, 07:06:06 PM
QuoteJust to pick up on what someone else said about the cost.  I know in America they have to pay a lot, just wondering what the story is here, I was under the impression as I was being referred to hospital it is a necessary procedure where I wouldn't have to pay.
You're in for a shock then!

Ah no way! I honestly thought that! How much does it cost? must get onto google!!
I've been asked that before and I cant remember, wrecked my head before trying to remember - it's might be something like 80-100?
I got two out - and I know if you're getting a normal tooth out it's 44 quid - so wisdom ones might be the same.

(that would be on the nhs)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

D4S

Quote from: Puckoon on April 01, 2009, 07:34:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY459kTn32c

NOT for the faint hearted.

Jesus Puck thanks a million for that!  I couldnt watch it all, turnd it off after 1minute and 1 second, normally love watching surgical procedures on telly, but it's a different story when I know that will be my mouth in 5 days, getting 4 of the buggers out!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

D4S

On a lighter note I just rang the royal and no I don't have to pay.  Once referred by your dentist for extractions it is on the NHS, guy in appointments said they would only charge if it is a non-national or someone coming up from the south for cheaper treatment. 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: D4S on April 02, 2009, 11:19:52 AM
On a lighter note I just rang the royal and no I don't have to pay.  Once referred by your dentist for extractions it is on the NHS, guy in appointments said they would only charge if it is a non-national or someone coming up from the south for cheaper treatment. 
YOU'RE f**king JOKING!!!! >:(  >:(

I was f**king referred by my dentist too!!!

Main Street

Maybe the guy in appointments neglected to inform D4S that they have a nice first year student lined up to do the free jobs.

D4S

Sorry Pints but definitely dont have to pay, checked with my dentist too.

And no main street Not getting done by a student either, Mr Kendrick is around mid 50s with 30 years experience!  MAybe that could be worse with is old style dentistry he might just cut them out and butcher me! Tomorrow morning is going to be fun! Dreading it to be honest :-X

tyrone girl

Best of luck with it D4S ul be grand id say, at least ur taking the sensible option and getting them out. I ignored my pain and it has gone away for now, but i know it will come back.  :-\

pintsofguinness

I wonder did D4S make it through.

ziggysego

Sister's boyfriend got a wisdom tooth taken out last week in Newry. Not a bit of bother to him. Mild discomfort for the rest of the day, but nothing too bad. 100% the following day.
Testing Accessibility

Mario

I know this thread has been dead for a few days, but im currently been driven mad by my wisdom teeth, it appears that everytime i have a considerable amount to drink that i will have a sore mouth for a week after. The bottom two wisdom teeth are pushing against the other ones and they are all sore, they are only half through.

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2009, 08:49:28 PM
Sister's boyfriend got a wisdom tooth taken out last week in Newry. Not a bit of bother to him. Mild discomfort for the rest of the day, but nothing too bad. 100% the following day.

Ziggy what's your sister like??? hope she's not like you only with pigtales :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armin Tamzarian

Instead of starting a new thread;
just wondering what to expect when getting a root canal done.  Have to get one done at the end of the week and don't know what to expect.  I was told i might need 2-3 visits but do they leave the hole open after the 1st visit or what and how long between visits?

Mhic Easmuint

I had a root canal done in 2 visits. 
They put a temporary filling in it between visits.  I had my 2nd visit a few days later. 
First time I must have been lying there for an hour or hour and half.  Wasn't the most comfortable not being fit to move for so long.