WISDOM TEETH!!

Started by D4S, March 31, 2009, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Got all 4 taken out when i was 17 - under general anesthetic in the Royal.  They were all growing crooked and had to be cut out - be prepared for Gerbil cheeks for a few days and those stitches can be annoying but no real pain involved afterward.

Wouldn't fancy the same thing being done in a dentists chair under a local!

illdecide

Did you hear the one about the guy who got all his teeth took out !!! He swore never again...lol :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

D4S

Had to have a quiet chuckle when I read what carribear wrote...but then reality sunk in again everyone will be laughing at me next week with my gerbil cheeks as aontroim called them!  Id say my wife will have a lot of fun with that1!  Seriously, anyone else ever had all 4out under local? Wondering if I should ask for some gas + air that these women get in labour ::) Surely this is far more painful!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Larry Duff

Quote from: D4S on March 31, 2009, 03:48:54 PM
Had to have a quiet chuckle when I read what carribear wrote...but then reality sunk in again everyone will be laughing at me next week with my gerbil cheeks as aontroim called them!  Id say my wife will have a lot of fun with that1!  Seriously, anyone else ever had all 4out under local? Wondering if I should ask for some gas + air that these women get in labour ::) Surely this is far more painful!!

Wouldn't rely too much on the gas and air.  Isn't it just a placebo for over-exaggeration ;)

Puckoon

what gas and air do woment get in labour?
What they do get is a 7 inch needle inserted into their spinal cord connected to anasthetic. Bit ott for a couple of gnashers.

D4S

Puckoon I was looking for a reaction from winding up some of our female posters....I didnt expect you to bite ::)

Also.....I have a few sisters who have given birth and you dont always have time for the big needle job...sometimes the oul gas and air has to do the job!  I'll ask for it anyway for the craic...makes you feel drunk I hear ;D  AND IT'S FREE!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Puckoon

I was just wondering what kind of bad medicine they were at over there!!!! I was about to file a law suit!

Puckoon

I'm gonna have to look into this d4s, surely the gas would cross the placental barrier and come in contact with the chisler. But you're right about the window of time for the epidural.

rrhf

They say whiskey can be a great help and a great friend.  

D4S

Quote from: Puckoon on March 31, 2009, 04:17:28 PM
I'm gonna have to look into this d4s, surely the gas would cross the placental barrier and come in contact with the chisler. But you're right about the window of time for the epidural.

Women inhale the gas through a mask to ease their pain, it makes you feel drunk, thats what I'm on about.  Seems strange that that seems weird to people in america unless there's a misunderstanding.  Do you not have this in the states?
Anyway back to the topic at hand this is becoming a labour thread!

illdecide

Quote from: Puckoon on March 31, 2009, 04:14:40 PM
I was just wondering what kind of bad medicine they were at over there!!!! I was about to file a law suit!

Jasus Puck your a full time "God damn Yank" now alright...I'll sue your ass :D :D :D

carribbear

Quote from: D4S on March 31, 2009, 03:48:54 PM

You wont be chuckling much when you have it done! :D
I've been told the end result was like a scene from the Saw movies, blood everywhere. Luckily I took the Mr T route and got knocked out on the dentists chair.
I've also heard that my drug-fuelled babble was priceless afterward, still not sure if i gave away any secrets :O

cavan4ever

I got knocked out when i was getting a tooth out years ago, and when they woke me up i started roaring and cheering i was as high as a kite.

Puckoon

Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2009, 05:03:43 PM

Jasus Puck your a full time "God damn Yank" now alright...I'll sue your ass :D :D :D

Too much time spent in the company of lawyers :-[

illdecide

Quote from: Puckoon on March 31, 2009, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2009, 05:03:43 PM

Too much time spent in the company of lawyers :-[

God damn it :D :D ;D I'm sure deep down your still a paddy ;D