WISDOM TEETH!!

Started by D4S, March 31, 2009, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Right lads, lassies, laddettes, after a lot of bother with my wisdom teeth I'm going in next Tuesday to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed under local anaesthetic in the royal.  Can any of you share your experiences of similar so I can know what to expect regards recovery time...eating? Have a few days off work to be on safe side.  I've heard from a couple of others they couldnt eat solids for nearly a week!! I'm reckoning thats the guts of 7-10 pounds I could lose....every cloud....:)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

cavan4ever

Drumanee 1

i feel your pain my friend,i really do :'(

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Never had any removed, is there a certain age where you'll not need them out?
Have had a few other teeth out over the years so there's a wee bit of space back there, would that make any difference?
Tbc....

D4S

Quote from: cavan4ever on March 31, 2009, 02:02:23 PM
All four  :o

I sense a hint of sarcasm ;)

I think Gaoth Dobhair it's if there isnt enough room for them in your mouth or if theyre growing against your teeth as opposed to up the ways, then you have to get them out.  Im 26 soon think early-mid20s is the time they can give you bother.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: D4S on March 31, 2009, 02:12:09 PM

I think Gaoth Dobhair it's if there isnt enough room for them in your mouth or if theyre growing against your teeth as opposed to up the ways, then you have to get them out.  Im 26 soon think early-mid20s is the time they can give you bother.

Thank feck for that!
Tbc....

Croí na hÉireann

Got all four taken out about 7 years ago, was under a general though thank fcuk. Went in on a Thurs I think & was back at work the next Wed. Stock up on soup, yougurt, bananas, yop, will be a few days before u feel like munching...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

cavan4ever

Quote from: D4S on March 31, 2009, 02:12:09 PM

Not atall, i had to get one out and it wasnt to bad, ive never heard of people getting four out in one go.

Armin Tamzarian

had all four removed because they came out without enamel(supposedly common enough) and they eroded quite fast.  The dentist took them out in two visits, two at a time, and simply stitched the gum that i was able to cut out myself after a week.  Had no problem eating from what i can remember as it was painless enough and only one side of my mouth was out of action at any time.  Dunno how relevant this is to you though.

illdecide

I had all 4 removed myself chief. It was done in the dentist with the jaw froze. He took 2 out at a time with about 3-4 stitches in the gum for each tooth. The root had grown and attached itself to my jaw bone and you should have seen him trying to break it off. When it did break the snapping noise was scary shit (i thought he'd broke my jaw)

On a positive side i never had any more bother from them (obviously as they were out) but you know what i mean
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

D4S

Cheers illdecide.  I think the thing about getting it under local is that your recovery time is supposedly shorter, as you will feel the tugging drilling whatever they do and you will flinch or scream ina gony..whereas under general they massacre you!  The downside is that you have to watch, hear, and feel all the pressure under local anaesthetic! 

TirEoghaingodeo

Depends on the case. Top ones normally no bother, the bottom ones can range from a normal extraction to quite a bit of work, depending on how impacted they are. If they're erupted at all they'll be easier. You'll be grand after a few days, but if they're tough there may be some swelling and a bit of pain.
Corsodyl mouthwash all week before and start again the day after
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Puckoon

My wisdom gnashers are all in no bother, but I've the smallest mouth in the world, so the dentist wants to take them out to make more room for flossing at the back. f**k that says me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm paying 85$ 4 times a year for cleaning, I can handle not flossing the back ones too much.

carribbear

Had all 4 taken out last year. Not the most pleasant experience ever. Had it done on a saturday, Off work for 2 days. More to do with the drugs i was taking doped me up to hell. Chocolate ice cream for a week although you didn't feel like eating much.
expect a 5 day recovery but depends how easy they are to remove.

Would never want to do it again.

clareman

Don't think you can do it again even if you wanted to.. ;D