WISDOM TEETH!!

Started by D4S, March 31, 2009, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Was sadated and had the two bottom ones taken out a few years ago in that dental surgery place in Newry. 
It wasn't THAT bad, you'll be sore for few days but most annoying thing is being starving and not being fit to eat! and the money you've to pay to get it done! It was a good week or more before I was back munching away as normal.  Think the stitches fell out/dissolved. 
Dont understand these people who got four out, was it in one go? My dentist didnt want to do two at once only I insisted and then I'd to insist again when she'd one out to go on and take the other! I've still got a top one that has never come through properly, just hte tip of it sits there and it causes pain from time to time. 

Never had any removed, is there a certain age where you'll not need them out?
Have had a few other teeth out over the years so there's a wee bit of space back there, would that make any difference?
If they've never caused bother you shouldnt but mine caused bother on and off and then I got couple of infections in it and they decided I'd to get the two removed, they'd come up at an angle and were creating a "food trap" that was causing infections. 
I'm still not convinced this f**king top one wont have to come out at some stage. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aoise

I had all 4 out last year!  I had to go to a surgery on the Lisburn Road to get it done as my dentist in Lurgan wouldn't touch them they were so impacted!  I had a sedation intravenously but i can remember the procedure.  He had to break every one of them in my mouth I thought it was pliers he was using but I tell you whatever that sedation was I couldn't have cared less if he'd have pulled the whole lot of them and I couldn't feel a thing so you've nothing to worry about! 

Afterwards though you will be swollen and sore but afterwards is always easier to deal with as the procedure is over.  You're safer getting it done, haven't had a bit of bother since! Good Luck!

carribbear

Quote from: Aoise on March 31, 2009, 09:03:45 PM
I had all 4 out last year!  I had to go to a surgery on the Lisburn Road to get it done as my dentist in Lurgan wouldn't touch them they were so impacted!  I had a sedation intravenously but i can remember the procedure.  He had to break every one of them in my mouth I thought it was pliers he was using but I tell you whatever that sedation was I couldn't have cared less if he'd have pulled the whole lot of them and I couldn't feel a thing so you've nothing to worry about! 

Afterwards though you will be swollen and sore but afterwards is always easier to deal with as the procedure is over.  You're safer getting it done, haven't had a bit of bother since! Good Luck!

same for me, i had to get one taken out for definite as food was getting stuck and caused a cavity in the back tooth. Decided to get all 4 taken out in one go as i didn't fancy doing the procedure twice. Top ones weren't a problem, it was the bottom two that were impacted and needed to go. Should have done it years earlier but i'm not too fond of dentists.

Just don't plan to do anything for a couple of weeks afterwards.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: D4S on March 31, 2009, 04:12:21 PM
Puckoon I was looking for a reaction from winding up some of our female posters....I didnt expect you to bite ::)

Also.....I have a few sisters who have given birth and you dont always have time for the big needle job...sometimes the oul gas and air has to do the job!  I'll ask for it anyway for the craic...makes you feel drunk I hear ;D  AND IT'S FREE!

My cousin said its good stuff....He had more than the Woman when she was in Labour...Said he was considering smuggling a bottle out with him....Laughing gas its nicknamed..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mylestheslasher

Got all my teeth removed a few months ago. Was pissed off having to wash them. Got the auld lassie to tie a bit of string to them and then to the door and the auld fella gave it a good kick. Out they popped no bother. Ate a big dinner straight away and a stick of rock for desert. Back at work that evening.

bigfrank

You def never had a problem talking or eatin from what i mind lol:P:P

Quote from: Armin Tamzarian on March 31, 2009, 02:33:29 PM
had all four removed because they came out without enamel(supposedly common enough) and they eroded quite fast.  The dentist took them out in two visits, two at a time, and simply stitched the gum that i was able to cut out myself after a week.  Had no problem eating from what i can remember as it was painless enough and only one side of my mouth was out of action at any time.  Dunno how relevant this is to you though.

mournerambler

Had 2 removed about 8 years ago, 1 top & 1 bottom under local anesthetic in my dentist's surgery, he brought in an oral surgeon to cut away a piece of bone to remove the bottom fecker.
Had them taken out on thursday & went back to work on monday, all in all it wasn't as painful as i was expecting it to be.

maggie

I still haven't got my wisdom teeth.

Rav67

Mine have grown towards the gums and every few months cause my gums to flare up which makes eating painful for about a week.  Dentist filed them one time and that stopped the aggravation for ages but it came back last week.  I would rather avoid having to get them taken out though unless the pain starts occuring more often, particularly now having read some of the contributions on here!

tyrone girl

Weird that im seeing this thread, cos im in agony with my wisdom teeth past couple days. Only one of them though always seems to be on same side that i get the pain. It seems like my gum is growing over the top of my tooth though i know its me tooth growin into my gum , it just looks like that. Its never been as sore as this, though i keep hoping it will go away and i wont have to go to dentist, everytime i open my mouth i feel like my jaw is about to lock on that side of my mouth and the pains gone down into my neck and up to my ear. Anyone else ever had this? and if so did it go away on its own  :-[ :-[

full back

My advice to anyone is to get to the dentist asap
These things normally dont heal by themselves so spare yourself the pain

tyrone girl

Im overdosing in painkillers and hoping for the best and im bloody starving and cant eat with it  >:(

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2009, 09:33:48 AM
Weird that im seeing this thread, cos im in agony with my wisdom teeth past couple days. Only one of them though always seems to be on same side that i get the pain. It seems like my gum is growing over the top of my tooth though i know its me tooth growin into my gum , it just looks like that. Its never been as sore as this, though i keep hoping it will go away and i wont have to go to dentist, everytime i open my mouth i feel like my jaw is about to lock on that side of my mouth and the pains gone down into my neck and up to my ear. Anyone else ever had this? and if so did it go away on its own  :-[ :-[

Sounds exactly like what I had. Your gums are swelling up as there's no room for your wisdom teeth to come up. And it's only going to get worse. Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash might help with the pain but your only putting off the inevitable. Get to ur dentist asap, they're not the evil bastards u remember from ur youth...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

D4S

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2009, 09:54:49 AM
Im overdosing in painkillers and hoping for the best and im bloody starving and cant eat with it  >:(

Tyronegirl I'd get to the dentist, I know the pain you have it's bloody unbearable.  It is actually very dangerous if you can feel pain in your ear, throat etc cos that's the infection spreading.  If you go to dentist he won't touch it while it's infected anyway he'll just give you an antibiotic, after about 3 days on the antibiotic you will feel it start to ease.  I wouldnt just be relying on the painkillers.  Ive had that a few times which is why ive been referred, the pain is unbearable.

Just to pick up on what someone else said about the cost.  I know in America they have to pay a lot, just wondering what the story is here, I was under the impression as I was being referred to hospital it is a necessary procedure where I wouldn't have to pay.  ANyone else know anything about this?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

pintsofguinness

QuoteJust to pick up on what someone else said about the cost.  I know in America they have to pay a lot, just wondering what the story is here, I was under the impression as I was being referred to hospital it is a necessary procedure where I wouldn't have to pay.
You're in for a shock then!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?