Aintree Grand National - Sat 4th April 2009

Started by A Quinn Martin Production, March 30, 2009, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Hardy...I had £2 on betfair at 200/1. Still lost £350 yesterday though.

Hardy

Well done - and hard luck, but well done again on the fact it wasn't £750!

maddog

bcarrier

It certainly could have been worse Hardy .... thought I had this thing sussed after a good cheltenham then

Al Eile did what all ew sure things do. 4th.

Golden Flight goes at first . This was biggest bet and I had planned to trade out ... Geraghty had completed previous 6 races and is usually prominent.

Rambo never got into it.

Silver Birch / Black Apalachi :  Thought both were going Ok when tipping at Beechers 2nd time.

Anyway onto Irish version ... trens coutesy of Tony Keenan/ Prospero

- The weight trend here is very strong; only 1 of the last 10 winner carried more than 10-12 to victory while 28 of the 30 placed horses since 1999 have carried 11-0 or less.
- 8 of the last 9 winners have been rated between 125 and 136.
- 6yos and 7yos seriously out-perform older horses here; from 22% of the total runners since 1999, they've had 5 winners and 6 runners-up. Only 1 runner aged in double figures has placed since 2005.
- Of the last 9 winners to complete the course, none finished worse than seventh.
- Last year's winner Hear The Echo was an extreme example of how lightly-raced have come to the fore here as he was having his first run since Christmas. The last 7 winners had no more than 2 outings since the turn of the year.
- Concentrate on unexposed handicappers as none of the last 10 winners had more than 8 runs in handicap chases.

Yes I Would

The woman had £1 each way on the winner with Boylesports in Newry. Bet done Friday and marked price at 66/1..
Is she entitled to the 100/1??

maddog

al eile let me down for placepot. Anyone know what it paid ?

Hardy

Good stuff bcarrier - will study those.

Placepot paid 2,424 maddog!

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: drici on April 06, 2009, 12:20:14 AM
Heard loads of people in Keady had Mon Mone.
I heard KP Mone had a fiver each way on it.
My son wanted to pick comply or die, I talked him out of it & got him to close his eyes & pick one out of the paper. He picked comply or die. He was extremely happy with his £4.50 winnings.

rrhf

girt_giggler

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 06, 2009, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: drici on April 06, 2009, 12:20:14 AM
Heard loads of people in Keady had Mon Mone.
I heard KP Mone had a fiver each way on it.
My son wanted to pick comply or die, I talked him out of it & got him to close his eyes & pick one out of the paper. He picked comply or die. He was extremely happy with his £4.50 winnings.

Using the close eyes put finger on one in newspaper method my son picked 3 horses. £5e/w on each one.
So he had Comply or die (14/1 2nd), State of play (14/1 4th) & Cerium (500/1 5th)!

Unfortunately Toals didn't pay out on the 5th horse but he was happy as larry.  Not bad for a 4 year old.

Doogie Browser

BBC presenter Clare Balding has apologised to Grand National winning jockey Liam Treadwell after making fun of his teeth while on air.

In a post-race interview, Balding urged the 23-year-old to show his teeth and told him he could afford to "get them done" with his prize money.

A BBC spokeswoman said the presenter "had no intention whatsoever" of upsetting or embarrassing the jockey.

The BBC received 1,477 complaints from viewers over the remarks.

Treadwell won Saturday's race on 100-1 outsider Mon Mome.

In the interview, Balding said to Treadwell: "Give us a big grin to the camera".

When he smiled, keeping his lips closed, she added: "No, no, let's see your teeth. He hasn't got the best teeth in the world, but you can afford to go and get them done now if you like."

Treadwell replied: "Well I could do, but I ain't complaining. It might be bringing on bad luck if I do that, though."

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Clare Balding had no intention whatsoever of upsetting or embarrassing Liam Treadwell, but she fully accepts that she should not have raised the subject with him at that time."

"The BBC and Clare apologise for any offence caused. Clare has also apologised directly to Liam Treadwell."

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

illdecide

Lost a fortune on Friday at Aintree but the ride home (just me and a mate) in a flexi bus with 20 girls out of their heads on Charlie made up for it...lol. Certainly shocked me as i'd never even seen coke before (only in films) but the crack was 90 (like the pun :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2009, 12:57:06 PM
Proper order, ill bred oul c*nt.
Not a fan either Minder I take it??!!  She is a stuck up fecker no doubt.

SidelineKick

Ya hoor ye I must have sent ye a hundred messages!

Obviously tou said "illdecide not to text him back".

Unless, did we meet up? I cant mind  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.