T Fearon's live on Radio Ulster now!!!

Started by illdecide, March 30, 2009, 12:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Rav67 on March 30, 2009, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 30, 2009, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on March 30, 2009, 09:29:15 PM
its not that long ago most of them were english never mind catholic or protestant

Ya that rule done wonders for the Irish team!  Sure aren't a few of the players playing today still not from the island...McGeedy, Kilbane, Dean Kiely, Folan, Finnan, Steven Reid etc

Don't let Finnan's accent fool you, he's from Limerick just lived a lot of his life across the water

Ah my mistake, dont know why I had it in my mind that he was born in England.

Real1995

Nice guys always finish second!

carribbear

I bet FIFA are really hoping Norn Iron make it to the World Cup in South Africa.

like theres any chance

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Yes I Would on March 30, 2009, 09:45:55 PM
Have we had any NI fans arrested and charged yet over Saturday's disorder and the cowardly attacks on foreign national's homes in the aftermath??  

Not a one despite several being seen on TV to keep kicking a Polish guy they had got a houl of...
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2009, 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2009, 09:36:05 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on March 30, 2009, 12:26:22 PM
He even managed to mention the Pope John Paul ffs!  He didn't say whether his ticket on Saturday night was free or not.

I've listened a couple of times now. Haven't heard any reference to the Pope. My hearing's poor, so I could have missed it. What did he say anyone?

He mentioned it in the section where DD tells him he is drifting away from the issue. He suggests that poland is a catholic country which even provided a recent pope.

Ah. Heard him say that Poland is a Catholic country, missed the reference to the Pope.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2009, 10:07:53 PM
Where did you see this? I only saw Poles booting another Pole as he lay on the ground.
Now Hardstation - don't go spoiling a good story!
(although i didn't realise both were Poles myself)

nifan

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 30, 2009, 10:14:46 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2009, 10:07:53 PM
Where did you see this? I only saw Poles booting another Pole as he lay on the ground.
Now Hardstation - don't go spoiling a good story!
(although i didn't realise both were Poles myself)

He had a ni flag, but was wearing a polish scarf.

Reports said the majority arrested at whetherspoons where poles, so obviously at least a couple of NI ones where picked up as well.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T Fearon

Keep an eye on the letters page of the Irish News in the coming days as well ;)

nifan

Havent listened to you yet tony, but I saw this on a different forum.
I take it this was your point in this broadcast?

"The fact is that players appear in Dublin (as in every other intenational venue in the world) in the opposing team, attached to a club which might be a rival to that supported by a significant section of the home support and are booed. This is nothing to do with sectarianism it happens the world over. I have seen Overmars booed while playing for Holland at Lansdowne, Figo while playing for Portugal Vieira and Henry while playing for France,etc.

There is a world of difference between booing a member of the opposing side (which occurs at every single football match on a weekly basis) and meting out sectarian abuse to a member of "your own" team. Can you spot the difference?"

rrhf

T Fearon

My point in the broadcast simply was that a team like Poland , with a largely catholic population that has provided a recent Pope and the current Celtic goalkeeper could scarcely expect a trouble free experience at Windsor Park, therefore should anyone be really surprised.. FFS a team from North Belfast, namely Cliftonville, never has a trouble free experience when they play there.

The FAI were sanctioned by UEFA/FIFA when a Rangers player was booed at Lansdowne. By the same token the IFA should now be similarly sanctioned and I have emailed both UEFA and FIFA on this subject.

illdecide

Thats the stuff to give them Tony...knock into them hoors ;D...It's a pity you didn't get onto the fat boy's show instead to hear what he'd have said ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Chrisowc

Quote from: illdecide on March 30, 2009, 05:30:32 PM
Tony, Mark from Rathcoole says your an ignorant bigoted person and he's invited you down for a barbecue...lol

Spit roast?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

QuoteMy point in the broadcast simply was that a team like Poland , with a largely catholic population that has provided a recent Pope and the current Celtic goalkeeper could scarcely expect a trouble free experience at Windsor Park, therefore should anyone be really surprised.

There was no problem in the previous game vs poland at windsor, or in the away game, shortly before the pope died. I am not sure what the catalyst was in this case, but it was hardly that they where a catholic country.

QuoteThe FAI were sanctioned by UEFA/FIFA when a Rangers player was booed at Lansdowne. By the same token the IFA should now be similarly sanctioned and I have emailed both UEFA and FIFA on this subject.

Where they? I though full back said they where not.
You claimed that they shouldnt be fined at the time. Are you now saying that indeed it was terrible, and that the fining of the FAI was correct.