Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 29, 2009, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

Tyrone: J Devine; PJ Quinn, C Gormey, D Carlin; D Harte, R McMenamin, P Jordan; K Hughes, E McGinley; J McMahon, B McGuigan, R Mellon; N Gormley, S Cavanagh, O Mulligan.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A few surprises there: Carlin (matches), Mc Guigan (fitness), & N Gormley (matches). Good balance overall though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Didn't think Enda'd be fit either. Surprised to see Gormley ahead of Colm, Snowy, Penrose etc. Ricey chb will be the one to watch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyronefan

looks like he is taking a look at a few lads and getting a few regulars a game before the championship starts  

Carlin had a good match on sunday against coalisland

will probably see Stevie before the end of the game as well

RedandGreenSniper

I presume JOM will use his head and not start any of the U-21s but a part of me would be very curious to see how Aidan O'Shea would do at full-forward against Conor Gormley. Would be a real test for the young lad. I've never rated Dermot Carlin too highly, don't think he's strong enough so that should mean Conor Mortimer should do well. But we can't say that with any great level of certainty.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

REDCOL

Allianz National Football League 2009

Foireann Sinsir Mhaigh Eó in aghaidh Tír Eoghan

1          David Clarke                (Ballina)

2          Liam O'Malley             (Burrishoole)

3          Ger Cafferkey              (Ballina)

4          Kevin McLoughlin        (Knockmore)

5          Peadar Gardiner          (Crossmolina)

6          Tom Cunniffe               (Castlebar)

7          Andy Moran                 (Ballaghaderreen)

8          Patrick Harte                (Ballina)

9          Ronan McGarrity          (Ballina)

10         Mark Ronaldson           (Shrule-Glencorrib)

11         Trevor Mortimer           (Shrule-Glencorrib)

12         Alan Dillon                   (Ballintubber)

13         Austin O'Malley            (St.Vincents)

14         Aidan O'Shea              (Breaffy)

15         Billy Joe Padden         (Belmullet)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 09, 2009, 11:44:26 PM
I presume JOM will use his head and not start any of the U-21s but a part of me would be very curious to see how Aidan O'Shea would do at full-forward against Conor Gormley. Would be a real test for the young lad. I've never rated Dermot Carlin too highly, don't think he's strong enough so that should mean Conor Mortimer should do well. But we can't say that with any great level of certainty.

Your wish is granted RaGS, interesting mix of the new and not-so-old there from J O'M. Strong enough line-out.

RedandGreenSniper

I'm raging FoSB. Six days before an Under 21 All-Ireland semi-final he starts McLoughlin and O'Shea against the All-Ireland champions yet leaves Conor Mortimer on the bench. f**king madness, I can't see the sense in it. Barry Moran must also be on the hind tit, unless he's still injured . . .

Zulu

In fairness R&G JOM's focus should only be on the senior team and if that put's out the U21 squad a small bit then so be it. By playing these two lads here he obviously has them in mind for the championship and maybe like yourself he wants to see how they'll go against the AI champions. That or he's pulling the wool over MH's eyes.

mortified

agree, surely we can start players ahead of o'shea and mc'loughlin, no need for it, in my opinion this under 21 team will qualify for the all -ireland final.
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

J O'M's taking few chances lads as I can see it, and neither are we (though your U21 Management may be a small bit miffed). Should make for an interesting encounter.

RedandGreenSniper

If we were in with a real chance of being relegated I would have no problem Zulu but we're not, barring a miracle. Its going to put out the Under 21s more than a small bit. If Mayo are missing either of these two for the semi-final they are in major trouble. I pray they don't get injured. Is JOM being selfish? Of course he is. Is he entitled to be? Perhaps but I thought he could show a bit of consideration and add in the fact that if Mayo U-21s do win the All-Ireland he'll have six panel members brimful of confidence heading into the Connacht championship.

As I was saying earlier a part of me was curious about how O'Shea would do against Gormley but I think its actually putting enormous pressure on the fella to be asked to  perform against Gormley.

Zulu

I know what you're saying R&G but JOM's job is to try and win the senior AI and it seems he likes what he sees with the two lads and wants to pit them against some of the best players in the country. If O'Shea does well he'll know he has a real option for the summer, if he is roasted he will have time to look at other options. If I were him I'd probably do the same, I certainly wouldn't compromise on what I felt was best for the senior team to accomodate the U21's, it's a risk but one worth taking IMO.

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on April 10, 2009, 12:43:31 AM
In fairness R&G JOM's focus should only be on the senior team and if that put's out the U21 squad a small bit then so be it. By playing these two lads here he obviously has them in mind for the championship and maybe like yourself he wants to see how they'll go against the AI champions. That or he's pulling the wool over MH's eyes.

Management have not put out a realistic championship team all this league. Why they risk 2 of their 3 most important players in a rubber match is a odd. Unless you believe that this is only a selection for the programme and the personnel playing will change before throw-in. If senior management pull rank on the U21 management and play these lads from the start I ll be more dumbfounded by it than anything they ve done before. The U21 championship our main focus next few weeks. End of.

tyrone86

I don't see the problem, O'Mahoney is taking a look at a few young lads against proven Senior Championship footballers 3 days before their potential opponents play in their provincial final. If they lose 1 lad, that's bad luck. If they lose 2, then that's awful bad luck. But if, as expected, they lose none then JO'M has a few real options that he couldn't really have considered properly otherwise.