Silly Mistakes In Letters and Emails?

Started by Bud Wiser, March 28, 2009, 07:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Is it just me or do any of you get silly mistaakes in letters and emails.  This week I attended a Scurity Trade Show in City West and on one of the stands I visited I left my card because I was interested in their CCTV cameras.  This morning, Saturday, I got an email from "Josephine" in which she apologised for the delay in getting back to me. It ended with the imortal words "so all I ask is that you please bare with me for a few days" !!

I replied immediately telling her that if she was the bird I saw on the stand I would have no problem baring with her at all, for a month if she wanted.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

full back

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 28, 2009, 07:31:42 PM
Is it just me or do any of you get silly mistaakes in letters and emails.  This week I attended a Scurity Trade Show in City West and on one of the stands I visited I left my card because I was interested in their CCTV cameras.  This morning, Saturday, I got an email from "Josephine" in which she apologised for the delay in getting back to me. It ended with the imortal words "so all I ask is that you please bare with me for a few days" !!

Please tell me this is deliberate bud
:D

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 28, 2009, 07:31:42 PM

I replied immediately telling her that if she was the bird I saw on the stand I would have no problem baring with her at all, for a month if she wanted.

What about this?

Bud Wiser

QuoteWhat about this
I am not talking about mistakes on the board, emails and letters.  As a matter of fact it pisses me off big time when somone points out typos in posts or an odd spelling mistake. 

Anyway, here word for word is the mail the girl sent today, I just deleted her real name.

Dear Customer

Further to your recent visit to our stand at ISEC 2009, we would like to
thank you for taking the opportunity to meet with us.

Due to the large volume of enquiries we will be in touch in due course with
everyone. So please bare with me.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Midman

Spell check autocorrect got me good once. One of our head systems guys is called Prashant and we correspond pretty regularly. Auto correct got to his name and instead of mail starting   Dear Prashant,  i sent one starting Dear Peasant  :o

Shamrock Shore

I remember the 01 phonebook here about 10 years ago had a page on Eircom's (or maybe Telecom Eireann's) 'pubic telephones'

hoopsaaa

Once sent an e-mail to over 200 employees explaining that we had a comms outage and apologiesd for the incontinence.

Had I not used speller checker I t would have read inconvenience !
:'(

Gnevin

Last years Leinster's season tickets where for the Managers League  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

East Belfast is a good place for all this stuff
Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

A favourite of mine is on a lamp post in North Belfast "You are now entering Tigger's Bay"

Bud Wiser

QuoteIs it just me or do any of you get silly mistaakes in letters and emails.  This week I attended a Scurity Trade Show in City West and on one of the stands I visited I left my card because I was interested in their CCTV cameras.  This morning, Saturday, I got an email from "Josephine" in which she apologised for the delay in getting back to me. It ended with the imortal words "so all I ask is that you please bare with me for a few days" !!

I don't know if the "imortal" should have been immoral or immortal but I am surprised nobody seen the other few mistakes when ye were at it?

carribbear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 29, 2009, 04:11:29 PM
A favourite of mine is on a lamp post in North Belfast "You are now entering Tigger's Bay"

They're all cuddly disney characters around there...

Mickey Mouse even spent some time in the area and got integrated with the local customs

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 29, 2009, 10:09:23 PM
QuoteIs it just me or do any of you get silly mistaakes in letters and emails.  This week I attended a Scurity Trade Show in City West and on one of the stands I visited I left my card because I was interested in their CCTV cameras.  This morning, Saturday, I got an email from "Josephine" in which she apologised for the delay in getting back to me. It ended with the imortal words "so all I ask is that you please bare with me for a few days" !!

I don't know if the "imortal" should have been immoral or immortal but I am surprised nobody seen the other few mistakes when ye were at it?

Oh, yes I have, Bud.
I was just being nice as I don't weant to pee on you rparade. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi