Kenny Rogers "We've got (two tickets for) tonight!"

Started by T Fearon, March 25, 2009, 09:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Won a pair of tickets for this gig tonight in the Odyssey and hence will be attending. Now I don't think I'd ever considering buying tickets for this concert in a million years, then again he has some good old songs. Anyone else ever seen him?

Lecale2

I met him in the Hatfield bar in Belfast many years ago. Decent fella.

Dinny Breen

You should drop in and ask him how his condition is.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Just a quick tip for Kenny if he should sight an autograph-book-toting Blobby:

You've got to know when to walk away, know when to run.

longrunsthefox

Should have been on mis-heard lyric thread... 'four hundred children and a crap in the field'

118cmal

Tony, I think tonight you should be The Gambler and Love the World Away.  Love Will Turn and if you Share Your Love With Me on an Island In The Stream and we Slow Dance More, then maybe we'll be Daytime Friends.  I Prefer the Moonlight and If I Were You then I would want to experience Real Love and Morning Desire.

I'll just get my coat.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: 118cmal on March 25, 2009, 03:29:50 PM
Tony, I think tonight you should be The Gambler and Love the World Away.  Love Will Turn and if you Share Your Love With Me on an Island In The Stream and we Slow Dance More, then maybe we'll be Daytime Friends.  I Prefer the Moonlight and If I Were You then I would want to experience Real Love and Morning Desire.

I'll just get my coat.

That's what the Gatlin boys thought Tommy was going to do but he just turned and locked the door... that one's for Becky  :'(   

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

118cmal

quit yo jibbajabba

"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"............anyone anyone?

:) :D

longrunsthefox

I never understood why he put so much credibility in the advise of a gambler who lost all and had to 'asked for a cigarette'... I suppose you got to know when to... 

The Real Laoislad

I'd say there are several cowards in your county Tony....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

T Fearon

Think the coward of the county is a tribute to Wexford, After all the Gatlin boys did say about Tommy "Look old Yellow's leaving" before he locked the door and hammered seven shades out of the lot of them. ;D

Enjoyable concert, excellent warm up act, three lads from Nashville, Savannah Jac I think, who were very Eagles like.

As for Kenny, well he only played for 65 minutes, and of that at least 25 must have been anecdotes. Packed in all the hits, some abbreviated versions, showed pictures of his 4 year old twins (he's nearly 71) and didn't do an encore. If I had paid 45 quid for a ticket I would be ringing the Samaritans this morning. ;D

longrunsthefox

Tony I heard a woman on the Nolan Show this morning giving out hell about some fellows from 'down south' who were drunk and very disruptive during the concert. Also that they were reported and nothing was done about it. Did you notice them?
You should have , 'let them have it all and said this one's for Becky as you watched the last one fall.'  8)