Duffy's Rant

Started by dublinfella, March 24, 2009, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 03:02:02 PM

I knew I shouldn't get involved and when I see this kind of laughable stuff I regret ever posting on this thread.

So the GAA aren't sending a delegation to try and get included in a soccer facility that has already received PP as per Hounds post?

Why did they not request this meeting 6 months ago when they might have had a chance?

No doubt when they inevitibly are turned down, this is another snub and the recriminations will start. I wonder who the lucky club in Lusk/Rush/Balbriggan who get to sue Fingal CC are?

ludermor

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: ludermor on March 25, 2009, 10:05:35 AM
Dublinfella,
How do you reckon the Kerry game will go? Will you be attending the match?

I will and am not confident.

What do you think of the DG's re-opening of old wounds?

I have absolutely no opinion it
I hope you will be sharing your opinion of the game here after the match?

dublinfella

Quote from: ludermor on March 25, 2009, 03:47:37 PM

So what exactly is your contribution here?

cornafean

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 02:47:00 PM
the same government that have granted the association over €1bn.

This couldn't be correct, unless of course the €1bn includes lottery fund allocations, which is not government funding.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

ludermor

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: ludermor on March 25, 2009, 03:47:37 PM

So what exactly is your contribution here?

A question that has been asked of you for ages but you wont answer!

bottlethrower7

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 03:02:02 PM
I knew I shouldn't get involved and when I see this kind of laughable stuff I regret ever posting on this thread.

ha ha, one of these days you'll learn Seanie!

thebandit

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 01:12:30 PM
Quote from: thebandit on March 25, 2009, 12:45:57 PM

How may GAA teams play in LOI grounds owned by the teams and not the taxpayer?

None, and they aren't seeking to. This is a Municipal facility. Go figure.

Since when did municipal = multi sport.

Hundreds of municipal facilities up and down the land and the GAA only objects to the two soccer ones. Go figure yourself....

The GAA sought to be involved in this project at a much earlier stage as well you know, long before any objection to a planning process.

Now stop trying to antagonise people with half-stories, there's a good man.

dublinfella

Quote from: thebandit on March 25, 2009, 04:31:00 PM

The GAA sought to be involved in this project at a much earlier stage as well you know, long before any objection to a planning process.

But my entire point is that the GAA in Dublin has ONLY sought to be involved in soccer facilities in the past 15 years.

If you think that following soccer around and lobbying politicians to have planning changed to force the GAA into projects is good enough, well I simply give up.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 05:10:02 PM
Quote from: thebandit on March 25, 2009, 04:31:00 PM

But my entire point is that the GAA in Dublin has ONLY sought to be involved in soccer facilities in the past 15 years.

If you think that following soccer around and lobbying politicians to have planning changed to force the GAA into projects is good enough, well I simply give up.

:D So you agree that municipal might as well = soccer at the minute, at least we agree on something...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

dublinfella

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 25, 2009, 05:13:34 PM

:D So you agree that municipal might as well = soccer at the minute, at least we agree on something...

Thats gas, because I went for a swim in a municipal pool just last night. A few weekends ago I had a round out in Corballis, a fantastic municipal golf course. When the summer comes I might go and catch the track and field at any one of a dozen municipal athletics facilities.

Will I go on?

Have the GAA approached any local authority with a plan of their own? When you answer that....

thebandit

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 05:22:50 PM

Thats gas, because I went for a swim in a municipal pool just last night. A few weekends ago I had a round out in Corballis, a fantastic municipal golf course. When the summer comes I might go and catch the track and field at any one of a dozen municipal athletics facilities.

Will I go on?

Have the GAA approached any local authority with a plan of their own? When you answer that....

That's great RF, but it would be fierce hard to hurl in a swimming pool

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thebandit on March 25, 2009, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 05:22:50 PM

Will I go on?

:D Well they do have underwater polo, maybe we could introduce underwater hurling...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Zulu

DF you seem to be implying that the GAA are trying to scupper plans that the government has in relation to soccer, this isn't the case IMO nor is there any evidence to suggest it is. Has any government built the following for rugby or the GAA in a major population centre.....

QuoteFingal Sports Complex
- indoor full-size football pitch with seating for 400 people
- ancillary building with changing rooms, gym, lecture hall, meeting rooms, cafeteria
- 2 full-size outdoor football pitches with floodlighting, temporary stand for 560 people and permanent covered stand for 4200 people with a ground keepers store and sanitary facilities under the stand
- parking for 200 cars and 10 coaches (overflow car park for 700 cars)

Soccer, rugby and GAA clubs all benefit from government/lotto funding if they apply for it but it seems to me only soccer are getting top class facilities in Dublin built by the government, am I wrong?

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2009, 01:11:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 01:06:08 PM
Duffy's comments are welcome and correct. The government totally shafted the GAA by providing a fully funded stadium for the exclusive use of an entity that has failed financially on several occasions. It's done and dusted now but must not be let happen again. We have not forgotten.

It wasn't fully funded by the Government though....

You're right there -- I heard from a reliable cource that the Sth Dublin Council diverted about €4m funds from other purposes to fill some of the black hole in their Finances caused by this monosport monoclub "municipal " Stadium .
Total cost will be about 13m -- Govt Grants approved of about €3m, rumours that another €3m will be provided by a bankrupt Government to pay for another stand.  7m to come from where exactly? At a time when the Govt has told Councils to stop all road works.
All to subsidise a freeloading shower of  *******s.

Built on time says Shamfella --- started 1999 didnt it ? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: thebandit on March 25, 2009, 05:39:25 PM

exactly. not all municpal facilities are appropriate for all sports. now will you tell Duffy or will I?