Dead at your age?

Started by Orior, March 24, 2009, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

This is kinda cool in a morbid way...

http://dead.atyourage.com/

I've outlived the following:

Walter Benjamin - He was a Marxist literary critic, social and cultural theorist, and philosopher of aesthetics and history.

Charles I of England. He was the king of England (1625-49) whose refusal to accept Parliament's power resulted in two civil wars. He died of execution by beheading on January 30, 1649.

Wally Cox. A comedian and actor known for his role as goofy junior high science teacher "Mr. Peepers" (1952-55).

John Cassell. He was a publisher of popular illustrated periodicals meant to entertain and instruct. He died of stomach cancer on April 2, 1865.

Teddi King. She was a singer who got start after winning contest sponsored by Dinah Shore.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

I've outlived Hank Williams by almost a week. He was a legendary country singer and songwriter known for his hard-drinking ways. He died of heart failure on January 1, 1953, 27 years before I was born.

Lebo Mathosa was two weeks younger than me when she died in an auto accident on October 23, 2006. She was a South African singer and actress who gained fame with her group Boom Shaka. I was 26 years old when she died.

I've outlived Cliff Young by about two weeks. He was a Major League pitcher for the California Angels and Cleveland Indians. He died in an automobile accident on November 4, 1993, when I was 13 years old.

Christopher Marlowe was about two weeks younger than me when he died by murder on May 30, 1593. He was a poet, playwright and translator who was the leading Elizabethan tragedian before Shakespeare. He died 387 years before I born.
Testing Accessibility

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on March 24, 2009, 03:27:52 PM
This is kinda cool in a morbid way...

http://dead.atyourage.com/

I've outlived the following:

Wally Cox. A comedian and actor known for his role as goofy junior high science teacher "Mr. Peepers" (1952-55).

I'm sure most here have outlived a 3 year old comedian and actor.

stpauls

You've outlived Patrick Bissell by almost two weeks. He was a dancer with the American Ballet Theater in New York. He died on December 29, 1987, when you were 8 years old.

You've outlived Stefano Casiraghi by two weeks. He was a businessman and second husband of Princess Caroline. He died in a powerboat racing accident on October 3, 1990, when you were 11 years old.

Andy Gibb was more than a month younger than you when he died of myocarditis on March 10, 1988. He was the youngest Gibb brother who opted for solo singing career over joining brothers in The Bee Gees. You were 9 years old when he died.

You've outlived Lorenzo Odone by more than a month. He was an an ALD patient whose parents devised a treatment and inspired the film "Lorenzo's Oil" (1992). He died of aspiration pneumonia on May 30, 2008, when you were 29 years old.

Marc Bolan was about 2 months younger than you when he died in an auto accident on September 16, 1977. He was a singer, songwriter, guitarist, glam rocker and founder of T.Rex. He died 2 years before you were born.

screenexile

Andrés Escobar was more than a month younger than you when he died of murder by gunshot on July 2, 1994. He was a footballer who played defender for Atletico Nacional and the Colombia World Cup team. You were 12 years old when he died.

Yeah it doesn't say that he scored an own goal that effectively had him murdered!!!!

FL/MAYO

Robert Maheu lived twice as long as you have, but other notable people have died at about this age.

You've outlived Ziaur Rahman by a week. He was a founder of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and President of Bangladesh (1977-81). He died by assassination on May 30, 1981, when you were 17 years old.
Comment

Charles Stewart Parnell was more than a month younger than you when he died of a heart attack on October 6, 1891. He was an Irish nationalist political leader and founder and leader of the Irish Parliamentary Party. He died 73 years before you were born.
Comment

You've outlived Walter Payton by more than a month. He was an all-time great NFL running back who won the 1986 Super Bowl with the Chicago Bears. He died of bile duct cancer on November 1, 1999, when you were 35 years old.
Comment

Babe Didrikson Zaharias was about 2 months younger than you when she died of colon cancer on September 27, 1956. She was an Olympic gold-medal track athlete and golfer who won the U.S. Women's Open three times. She died 8 years before you were born.

A Quinn Martin Production

Jaysus, Graham Hill was two weeks younger than me when he died!!  And I thought he was ancient at the time :o
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

TacadoirArdMhacha

You've outlived Duk Koo Kim by almost two weeks. He was a lightweight boxer knocked unconscious in a title bout against champion Ray (Boom Boom) Mancini. He died of a severe head injury sustained in a boxing match on November 17, 1982, 3 years before you were born.

You've outlived Ian Curtis by two weeks. He was a lead singer of Joy Division. He died of suicide by hanging on May 18, 1980, 5 years before you were born.
Comment

Karl Koch was about two weeks younger than you when he died of suicide by self-immolation on May 23, 1989. He was a West German computer hacker who sold information from US military computers to the KGB. You were 4 years old when he died.

You've outlived Gavrilo Princip by about 2 months. He was a Slavic nationalist who indirectly started WWI by assassinating Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary. He died of tuberculosis on April 28, 1918, 68 years before you were born.

Bobby Fuller was about 2 months younger than you when he died of asphyxiation from gasoline on July 18, 1966. He was a rockabilly singer and guitarist who hit the top ten with his recording of "I Fought the Law" (1965). He died 19 years before you were born.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

leenie

outlived Robert Johnson by almost two weeks. He was a highly influential Delta blues guitarist, singer and songwriter. He died of murder by strychnine poisoning on August 16, 1938, 44 years before you were born.

in 1 day, when you reach ?? years and 109 days of age, your lifespan will surpass that of an American spy and Baptist missionary after whom the conservative political organization is named.

Alexander I of Greece was almost a month younger than you when he died of an infection from monkey bites on October 25, 1920. He was a nominal King of Greece (1917-20). He died 62 years before you were born.

also outlived some dude called barry brown and korey stringer and alan wilson

Haven't heard of any of them ....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mountainboii

Quote from: leenie on March 24, 2009, 05:35:25 PM
Alexander I of Greece was almost a month younger than you when he died of an infection from monkey bites on October 25, 1920.

Now there's a way to go!  :D :D

The Watcher Pat

Louis the Stammerer wasn't the only notable who died at about this age:

You've outlived General Aung San by almost two weeks. He was a revolutionary who secured Burmese independence from Britain and helped found the Union of Burma. He died by assassination on July 19, 1947, 30 years before you were born.

Jedediah Smith was almost a month younger than you when he died by murder on May 27, 1831. He was a mountain man and explorer who blazed the Oregon Trail through to the Pacific Ocean. He died 146 years before you were born.

You've outlived Wallace Thurman by more than a month. He was a Harlem Renaissance novelist, playwright, essayist and editor. He died of tuberculosis on December 22, 1934, 42 years before you were born.

Théodore Géricault was about 2 months younger than you when he died of tuberculosis on January 26, 1824. He was a Romantic painter whose "The Raft of the Medusa" pictured survivors of a famous shipwreck. He died 153 years before you were born.

I don't know any of these people at all!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Farrandeelin

You've outlived Billy the Kid by almost a week. He was a legendary Western desperado who may have killed more than two dozen men in his short life. He died of murder by gunshot on July 14, 1881, 107 years before you were born.

You've outlived Eddie Cochran by about 2 months. He was a 1950s rockabilly guitarist and singer/songwriter. He died in an auto accident on April 17, 1960, 28 years before you were born.

Duncan Edwards was about 3 months younger than you when he died of injuries sustained in an airplane accident on February 21, 1958. He was one of the youngest ever professional soccer players in England who played for Manchester United. He died 30 years before you were born.

You've outlived Bugz by more than 3 months. He was a Detroit rapper and an original member of the group D12. He died of murder by gunshot on May 21, 1999, when you were 11 years old.

Napoleon II was about 4 months younger than you when he died of tuberculosis on July 22, 1832. He was an infant emperor of France who spent most of his short life in exile in Austria. He died 156 years before you were born.

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longrunsthefox

I've outlived Graham Chapman by two days. He was a Cambridge-trained physician who left medicine to found and act with the Monty Python comedy troupe. He died of throat cancer on October 4, 1989, when I was 29 years old.

I didn't even know he was dead! I'm sorry to hear that.

Chrisowc

Eva Braun was almost three weeks younger than you when she died by suicide on April 30, 1945. She was a longtime mistress of Adolf Hitler and his wife for a day. She died 31 years before you were born.

I didn't know that.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Tony Baloney

1994 King of the Ring Owen Hart died at exactly your age today of 33 years and 16 days.