Tír Eoghain vs Doire NFL 2009

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 22, 2009, 10:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2009, 10:42:12 PM
Not really I don't have a problem with anyone being religious but he goes on about it all the time and the fact that when certain players of his conduct themselves in a manner which is unbecoming of a sportsperson (Or human being for that matter) he does nothing to condemn it just dismisses it as nothing and  obviously does nothing to stop it from happening again and in Ricey's case even appeals the punishment he has been given.

It's the hypocrisy that annoys me about him and I will put my house on him saying something like "It was unfortunate/Heat of the moment/Tommy is not that type of player" rather than say what it is, " A disgraceful act which has no place on the football field". He will more than likely appeal whatever suspension he's given as well again!

Why do you expect Mickey to be different to any other manager?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

INDIANA

Didn't see the incident funny enough. Cracking game of football though really enjoyed it like a championship match.

screenexile

Quote from: Gaffer on March 28, 2009, 10:59:32 PM
Not really I don't have a problem with anyone being religious but he goes on about it all the time and the fact that when certain players of his conduct themselves in a manner which is unbecoming of a sportsperson (Or human being for that matter) he does nothing to condemn it just dismisses it as nothing and  obviously does nothing to stop it from happening again and in Ricey's case even appeals the punishment he has been given.

It's the hypocrisy that annoys me about him and I will put my house on him saying something like "It was unfortunate/Heat of the moment/Tommy is not that type of player" rather than say what it is, " A disgraceful act which has no place on the football field". He will more than likely appeal whatever suspension he's given as well again!

Why do you expect Mickey to be different to any other manager?

He sets himself up as being different from any other manager so shouldn't he be judged by different standards?? I know it seems as if I'm singling him out but other managers shouldn't do it either. As yet our manager has to be tested in this regard but if he did the same thing I would be equally as annoyed about it and would have no problem saying so!

Jinxy

When has any manager in the history of gaelic games said that about one of his players?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

illdecide

As guys stated 99% of managers will back their players even if they're in the wrong, it's all part of "one for all & all for one". What would the players think off their manager if he went to the press and called him a dirty hoor. Micky Harte is a shrewd hoor and plays the "alter boy" role with the media but i bet he's a different man in the changing rooms...

BTW i think he's a class manager before anyone jumps in to tear me to shreds...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Redhandfan

That's a bit more like it from Tyrone.....not a flawless performance by any means but a big improvement from recent outings and the desire was clearly there in those final few minutes to secure a valuable and well deserved win.  As a previous poster said, this is a huge result for Tyrone.  Confidence will have been restored and the trip to Castlebar on the last day of the league will be a little more relaxing now! This also proves we can win in Omagh, so Armagh beware!!!

I am a bit surprised to learn that some neutrals actually enjoyed this game.  I thought it was very stop-start at times, due mostly to an overly fussy referee.  This was certainly not one of David Coldrick's finest hours.....many of his decisions were baffling to say the least.

I thought there were a number of positives tonight from a Tyrone perspective.  I thought our half back line excelled all through with Davy Harte kicking two more wonder points, Philly Jordan leading by example in the centre, and Sean O'Neill giving another assured display on the wing.  Ryan Mellon and Hub got through a mountain of work at midfield (I had to laugh at the poster who thought were 'cleaned out' in this sector).  Mugsy won a lot of ball in attack and was about the sharpest of our forwards, Tommy McGuigan kicked the frees when most needed, while Sean Cav came good at vital times as well.  

However, the introduction of Brian McGuigan was absolutely crucial to the outcome of this match.  He picked up a lot of loose ball and seemed to give the Tyrone attack so much more shape when he came on.  His pass that led to the penalty was simply sheer class.  I really look forward to seeing him link up again with the likes of Stevie O'Neill when the two of them return to full fitness.  With Ricey, Stevie, the McMahon brothers, Dooher and co still to come back, things are looking up again for the All-Ireland champs!

ziggysego

Actually illdecide, I think that was a pretty balanced comment.
Testing Accessibility

under the bar

QuoteNot really I don't have a problem with anyone being religious but he goes on about it all the time and the fact that when certain players of his conduct themselves in a manner which is unbecoming of a sportsperson (Or human being for that matter) he does nothing to condemn it just dismisses it as nothing and  obviously does nothing to stop it from happening again and in Ricey's case even appeals the punishment he has been given.

It's his hypocrisy that annoys me too.

Good.  The more misery Mickey can heap on Armagh & Derry people the better.....

orangeman

Great win for Tyrone - well deserved.

ziggysego

Quote from: under the bar on March 28, 2009, 11:33:18 PM
QuoteNot really I don't have a problem with anyone being religious but he goes on about it all the time and the fact that when certain players of his conduct themselves in a manner which is unbecoming of a sportsperson (Or human being for that matter) he does nothing to condemn it just dismisses it as nothing and  obviously does nothing to stop it from happening again and in Ricey's case even appeals the punishment he has been given.

It's his hypocrisy that annoys me too.

Good.  The more misery Mickey can heap on Armagh & Derry people the better.....
:D :D :D

Couldn't have put it better

Testing Accessibility

Radioulster

It's tyrone vs derry tommy is from the loughshore the blood is up it doesnt make him a tr**p. quit the glory of the game bollocks Screen man a manager backs his players-end of. If he doesnt who will? the media? catch yourself on good performance from tyrone and not bad from derry either.

screenexile

I'm not saying hang him out to dry but say the did wrong and the manager will have a word with him about it would at least suffice... Crying that an incident is getting too much attention and then appealing a perfectly warranted suspension is not the way to go about it in my book!

mountainboii

My prediction is that this thread will rumble on for the next fortnight, especially since there isn't a game next week, centering on the Tommy McGuigan incident. Every few dozen posts some eejit will say something like, "McGuigan is a dick, etc.,etc.", which will subsequently be followed by 20 posts from hotheaded Tyronies defending their man. After a while the Tyronies will start to complain that people from Armagh and Derry are dragging the issue out simply due to their petty jealousy, while at the same time oblivious to the fact that 70% or 80% of the posts on the thread will have been made by Tyrone supporters  ::)

ziggysego

McGuigan IS a good man. Armagh and Derry are jealous.
Testing Accessibility

Tommy Tight Lips