Tipperary vs Kilkenny

Started by Bord na Mona man, March 22, 2009, 08:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Just watching it on the telly.
A savage hammering for Tipp!  :o
I thought there were the one side who could possibly put it up to Kilkeny this year.

INDIANA

Hard to say what hope for everyone else I'm afraid. Mother of God I mean how do you stop them.

slow corner back

Unbelievable scoreline, Tipp were going well up to this match. Thats what marks this KK team out from there predecessors and most other great teams of the past, when they get on top they destroy teams in 10-15 minutes. 5 goals in the first half just awesome.

orangeman

Another simply awesome performance - what about Martin Comferford's flick over Brendan Cummins ??

Ash Smoker

Has Brendan Cummins lost the spring in his step?
He didn't move for some of those goals.
Though his full back line was gone AWOL and he was given no cover.

AZOffaly

I thought Kilkenny reached perfection last September. It took them about 6 months to match it, and maybe even surpass it. That first half was unbelievable. The flicks, the scoring, the team work, the passing, the cheeky goals. Unreal.

the colonel

and plenty of good hurlers yet to come into the starting team
the difference between success and failure is energy

Galwaybhoy

If you asked me before yesterday, I'd have said Tipp were probably the only team that could stop the Cats.  Now...well, I know its only the league, but, I don't think theres any stopping them.  You have Kilkenny way out in front, then after that the next 4 or 5 teams they are all much of a muchness.

youngfella

The cats in the first half were as good as Ive seen a hurling team play. Had everything. The kilkenny globetrotters! This is without a fair bit of there first team squad.
However i was disappointed with the way their forwards played in the second half, Seemed not to really care, and keep trying the tricks even when they weren't working, tipp scored 1.8 in the second half and were unlucky not to get a few more goal.

I think the score line of 5-17 to 1-12 is a bit harsh on tipp. Some of the cats goals the keeper was a bit suspect and tipp were sleeping at the start of the game. Tipps attitude coming in second half was top rate, they didn't lay down and just take it, for that they can be proud of themselves.

I think kilkenny will win the AI but i write tipp just yet.

P.S. Good to see Comerford back after a nasty injury in the AI final.
Pull hard and early