Ard Mhacha v An Mhí 29-3-09

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, March 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dexter

Marked Aaron one day when he was being tried as a half forward for Cross in his early senior days. Must say it was pretty handy as he hardly ever crossed the half way line so I simply marked the space in our defence. He is a half back and we must accept his weaknesses in defence with his strengths on the ball. Armagh pretty much have there strongest players on. Three wins on the bounce is a good confidence boost. Lets concentrate on the strengths of the boys we have than wishing for something that just isn't available. The likes of B. Mallon, S. Kernan, F. Morrarity have a few medals in there back pockets from there U21 days. They have a good belief in there own abilities and will always try there best in an Armagh jersey. Hope the U21s can win Ulster this year and get another half a dozen senior county players out of that team. Success breeds success. You need winners and a winners mentality.

stew

Quote from: dexter on April 01, 2009, 11:58:46 PM
Marked Aaron one day when he was being tried as a half forward for Cross in his early senior days. Must say it was pretty handy as he hardly ever crossed the half way line so I simply marked the space in our defence. He is a half back and we must accept his weaknesses in defence with his strengths on the ball. Armagh pretty much have there strongest players on. Three wins on the bounce is a good confidence boost. Lets concentrate on the strengths of the boys we have than wishing for something that just isn't available. The likes of B. Mallon, S. Kernan, F. Morrarity have a few medals in there back pockets from there U21 days. They have a good belief in there own abilities and will always try there best in an Armagh jersey. Hope the U21s can win Ulster this year and get another half a dozen senior county players out of that team. Success breeds success. You need winners and a winners mentality.

Agreed 100% with that assessment and sentiment, speaking of a winners mentality I firmly believe that we never really had that until our minors lost against meath in that minor final, we had the game won and once again something as simple as a slip took victory away from us, the men that wenton to win the AI in 02 learned from that experience and took luck out of the equation, they knew they were good enough they just needed to execute and finish the job and they did. From there we went on to with the U21 title and once again we find ourselves with a panel of young, hungry U21's who will probably give us about 6-8 future starters for the senior side, maybe more, the future looks good and it did my heart good to read the report on the Donegal game. ;D ;D ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.