Artur Boruc...Poland v N.I

Started by The Watcher Pat, March 21, 2009, 09:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: nifan on March 30, 2009, 08:28:42 AM
Some of them may not be football fans, some people would take any excuse to vent their racism. Given the actions of some of the boyos going to the match ive no doubt some of them would be involved.

Enough said

The greatest fans in the world statement is probably aimed at me nifan. Fair enough. Just using it as a stick to beat them with (if you know what I mean).
If people associated with the fans are happy to use it when things are going 'well' , then you have to accept it will be used when the true colours are shown

nifan

QuoteIf people associated with the fans are happy to use it when things are going 'well' , then you have to accept it will be used when the true colours are shown

Absolutely. Ive always told people to stop that shite when they came out with it.
Even if it where true id be embarrassed.

full back

When the Poles scored the camera went to a Pole who was 'celebrating' with the aid of a loud speaker.
Is this allowed in a ground?

nifan

I dont know if it is allowed, but it isnt uncommon in football grounds.
Amongst the NI fans there is a person who leads many of the chants with a loud speaker. He did get in trouble during a spain u21 game in ballymena for a joke stadium announcement where he asked those in red to return to their dressing room - we where 3 or 4 down at this stage.

Ive seen it at other grounds too.

nifan

The lad who took the coin was identified and ejected at half time.
The IFA says appropriate action will now be taken.

lfdown2

Quote from: nifan on March 30, 2009, 09:47:38 AM
The lad who took the coin was identified and ejected at half time.
The IFA says appropriate action will now be taken.

fair play, btw i am not calling anyone on the board bigoted or sectarian, and i understand that opposition keepers get abuse, however, surely you cant deny that the level of abuse received by boruc was more than normal, and it was due to him playing for celtic, and no i have no facts before anyone asks just an opinion, i think if i had been mcginn or mccourt i would have felt at best slightly uncomfortable.

nifan

lfdown, fair enough.
I havent watched a home game on the telly in years, but i did not think it was much worse than usual, not as bad as i thought anyway.
Im sure that some people gave him some extra, theres no doubt that he is particularly unpopular amongst rangers fans. the fact that he is a goalkeeper perhaps has covered it for me a bit due to them usually getting more abuse, as ive detailed before.

Bensars

I was listening to Nolan there.

Yer man of the Northern Ireland supporters club has been doing the rounds this morning on all radio channels. He claims that he never heard any sectarian chants or abuse towards Boruc.

Then a woman came on, saying that she was at the KOP and the amount of abuse was unreal. She said if it was one or two she would have confronted them  but it was widespread.

Its amazing what some people will hear nad not hear to suit their agenda

T Fearon

FIFA/UEFA must now react accordingly. The FAI was sanctioned a few years ago on account of the simple booing of a Rangers player in Dublin. The very least must be expected for the IFA.

Also I would remind you that this scum will shortly be on their way to Dublin due to the intelligent actions of the FAI in hosting a four associations tournament involving the iFA squad.

Surely Paddy Mc Court and Niall Mc Ginn cannot remain part of the IFA set up?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 30, 2009, 11:08:21 AM
FIFA/UEFA must now react accordingly. The FAI was sanctioned a few years ago on account of the simple booing of a Rangers player in Dublin. The very least must be expected for the IFA.

Also I would remind you that this scum will shortly be on their way to Dublin due to the intelligent actions of the FAI in hosting a four associations tournament involving the iFA squad.

Why? So the yobs get their way? Or you get your way?
MWWSI 2017

Chrisowc

Quote from: muppet on March 30, 2009, 11:23:55 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 30, 2009, 11:08:21 AM

Why? So the yobs get their way? Or you get your way?

Sure Gerry Armstrong should never be allowed back up the Falls according to Tony.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: full back on March 30, 2009, 08:15:55 AM
This bullsh1t of castigating nifan is a joke
He is far from a bigot & anyone who says he is would do well to back up what they say

10 Polish homes damaged on Saturday night. The worlds greatest fans couldnt possibly be involved  ::)
I see the politicians are weiging in behind the greatest fans ever. Disgrace

A shower of f**king knackers

I've no problem agreeing with you there, FB.
It's a puzzle to me that some posters go out of their way to try and find evidence to label nifan as a sectarian bigot. I noticed this soon after I came onto this board, so I made it a habit to read any of his posts that I'd come across- just to see what the problem was.
Now, I'm not from Norn Iron and I don't get emotionally tied up with carry-ons at Windsor Park or with the antics of Celtic/ Ranger fans either.
From what I read, nifan is one of the soundest posters on the board and the taunts directed at him say a lot about the mindset of those involved.
While I'm at it, I'd regard ChrisOWC and most of the OWC lads as solid posters as well.
FFS; this is a discussion board and one has to expect differences of opinion and opposing points of view at times!
Why I'm going on about this is because I'm afraid that the thread will soon be hijacked by the usual suspects.
Usually, whenever there is a topic that has a Nationalist/ Unionist dimension, the heavies line up on either side and very quickly the discussion degenerates into a tit for tat name-calling session. There aren't too many, I know, but the end result is usually the same; sensible posters from both sides head off and leave them at it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Maguire01

Quote from: nifan on March 30, 2009, 08:28:42 AM
As for the worlds greatest fans carry on, I hope those who use it catch themselves on. We have come a long way, but there is still a lot more work to do as is obvious. Ive always found it twee and embarasing, as i found it when some ROI fans used it. Self congratulatory bullshit.

Couldn't agree more. This thing of proclaiming you're the best fans ever is crap - whether it's NI / RoI / GAA / Soccer / Rugby.

Was listening to some of the Radio Ulster programmes in the car this morning (Nolan and Talkback) and it was embarrassing listening to the point scoring of people ringing in to say "this never happens at GAA matches" or "why don't you tell everyone how great the GAA is and how bad soccer is". We all know what the reality is - the need to proclaim it and the need to have the general population see 'how great you are' is cringeworthy at times.

Hound

Boruc dropped from the Poland squad and sent back to Glasgow.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Hound on March 30, 2009, 01:43:30 PM
Boruc dropped from the Poland squad and sent back to Glasgow.

Got caught smuggling the current girlfriend into the team hotel.

His heads away with it for the last 6-9 months, not sure what can be done to settle him back into the good player he was. A break from the team maybe a "blessing" in disguise.
Tbc....