The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Ah the auld answering questions with questions trick ;)
Ye realize ye are making my point for me here...right?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 09:57:49 PM
Ah the auld answering questions with questions trick ;)
Ye realize ye are making my point for me here...right?

That's funny... I was actually trying to see if YOU would show your hand for once. Putting a positive opinion on the table leaves it open to analysis, whereas as your modus operandi is to point out the negative of the opposition all the time nad keep your opponent on the defensive. We don't see you waxing lyrical about the Republicans or right wing much, now do we?

Tyrones own

:D Feck it I rest my case...ye wouldn't see it on
a primary school play ground!

Ye obviously know as much about him as I and most
everybody else and that's fcuk all!
Thanks anyway for inadvertently clearing that up  ;D
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

what do you want to know that you dont TO??? what type of cake he had for his 7th birthday???

or are you finished engaging with people on this subject after your self delcared victory  ::)

Tyrones own

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on April 28, 2011, 10:36:22 PM
what do you want to know that you dont TO??? what type of cake he had for his 7th birthday???

or are you finished engaging with people on this subject after your self delcared victory  ::)
Instead of rolling your eyes... answer the question,;
Why is he so secretive of his past ???
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

now who is answering a question with a question ???

I dont find him secretive about his past.... So what is that you want to know  ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on April 28, 2011, 10:56:15 PM
I dont find him secretive about his past.... So what is that you want to know  ::)

Typical tea-party/birther/GOP/etc. tactic: repeat something baseless often enough, and it'll stick (they hope) *.

* Will he [TO] ever answer your question?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dec

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 10:49:20 PM

He isn't, it is just that the crazies don't like the answers. He published his birth certificate back in 2008 and the birthers didn't like what it said so they hoped bizarrely that the archived long version would say something different. And amazingly it didn't. But that won't stop the conspiracy theories.

mannix

Good man barrack, don't mind that crowd in Offaly.

J70

Quote from: dec on April 29, 2011, 12:24:34 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 10:49:20 PM

He isn't, it is just that the crazies don't like the answers. He published his birth certificate back in 2008 and the birthers didn't like what it said so they hoped bizarrely that the archived long version would say something different. And amazingly it didn't. But that won't stop the conspiracy theories.

It never does. They just take the debunking in their stride, pretend it never happened, and say, "well what about this one then??" Whether its 9/11 truthers, creationists, holocaust deniers or whatever, the conspiracy theorist is always the same. He never has to acknowledge that he was mistaken. You'd think they'd be just a little embarrassed that the birth cert showed none of the "he's a muslim" or "he was born in Kenya" shit they've been foaming at the mouth about for the past two years. And it doesn't matter that Obama graduated in the top 10% of his Harvard Law class - no public transcripts mean that there was a fix in there somewhere, despite the slap in the face that they just got from the long-form birth cert. These morons WANT to believe that there is something illegitimate about him, so if its not this, then they hold out that it is something else. It was the same with Clinton and the Vince Foster "murder" etc. And the likes of Limbaugh and his imitators have made careers out of stoking and fomenting these idiots. Is no coincidence that Trump is using this method either. I doubt if he seriously believes a word of the shit he is spewing. All he cares about is the news coverage he can garner by hooking the gullible.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2011, 06:09:05 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 05:29:42 PM
QuoteWe the people"... You're really taking this tea party stuff to heart, aren't you!
If you weren't blinded by blinkered ignorance you'd realize
That it was in reference to our Constitution and nothing at all to do with the
Tea party...though I must say, I'm hardly surprised that you would
angle it as a cheap shot  ::)

Ooohhh! :-)

I'm well aware of its constitutional provenance.

And I'm pretty sure you're well aware that it features very prominently in the language of the tea party. Or perhaps you just completely independently use it in the same rhetorical fashion that they do.

Either way, it sounds ridiculous.
No just in the same fashion in which it was intended by the founding fathers and not loosely interpreted in a way that best suits the agenda of the day!

Founding fathers!! I'm getting all misty eyed now... somewhere, someone is humming "America the Beautiful!"

Whatever your motivation (even if I was under the impression that the tea party were supposedly hugely concerned with originalism and constitutional limits), it still sounds ridiculous, especially on a GAA internet forum populated almost exclusively by Irish people.

But each to their own.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 10:33:14 PM
:D Feck it I rest my case...ye wouldn't see it on
a primary school play ground!

Ye obviously know as much about him as I and most
everybody else and that's fcuk all!
Thanks anyway for inadvertently clearing that up  ;D

Oh, so you DON'T know why he hasn't released the transcripts. No doubt your suspicions are very grave though! The birth cert really did prove that he has something to hide!

If I was less familiar with your internet persona, I would swear you had to be taking the piss with this nonsense! Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'm not sure that you aren't.

Groucho

Now now J70....you will have him in tears :D

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

deiseach

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 28, 2011, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 28, 2011, 12:26:58 AM
He shouldn't have bothered. The only reason someone could think that Obama was not born in Hawaii even before today is that they didn't want a black person in the White House, unless they were there to shine whitey's shoes, and this isn't going to change that state of affairs
Agh true to form...when the back is against the wall for any multitude of
reasons, bring on the race card.
Ignorance in spectacular form  ::)

Just telling it like it is

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016