The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

You know something TO, the fact that this has annoyed you enough for you to post about it on the internet first and foremost says enough about you. 

Now, as I said before, you called them idiots, that's what sparked this exchange off... Remember?

I reminded you that Dubya was and is a bigger idiot than Obama ever could be.  Remember?

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 26, 2010, 06:20:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100926/ap_on_re_as/as_philippines_us_inverted_flag

Ye honestly couldn't make this stuff up.... fecking embarrassment to the Country much less the world stage.... idiots! :-[
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

muppet

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/bush_i_was_a_dissenting_voice_on_iraq_war.php

George D. Bush: "I was a dissenting voice" on Iraq War.

It is not clear if he fully understands the word dissenting.

Nor is it clear that he fully comprehends the words voice, Iraq, was, War, on, a or I.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

Will the congressional loses be of benefit to Obama in the longrun? 

Is it kinda like what would happen after a general election in Ireland.  We'd see how the opposition would try and turn things around and if they will succeed.  Interesting times.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2010, 02:40:24 PM
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/bush_i_was_a_dissenting_voice_on_iraq_war.php

George D. Bush: "I was a dissenting voice" on Iraq War.

It is not clear if he fully understands the word dissenting.

Nor is it clear that he fully comprehends the words voice, Iraq, was, War, on, a or I.
You'd think By Resurrecting This Thread That You'd Atleast Give Props To
The American people For making It Quite Clear That We're Simply Not Interested
In Obama's Marxist/Leninist Type Governance  ;D

Oh And Attacking And Blaming Dubya is Washed Up Evidenced By Last Night..So Give It Up :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

deiseach

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 03, 2010, 02:50:22 PM
Will the congressional loses be of benefit to Obama in the longrun? 

Is it kinda like what would happen after a general election in Ireland.  We'd see how the opposition would try and turn things around and if they will succeed.  Interesting times.

It could go either way. The GOP have no agenda beyond obstructing Obama at every turn. Their proposals before the election involved cutting the deficit while not touching defense, Medicare or Social Security - in other words, they'll abolish everything that the federal goverment does apart from defense, Medicare or Social Security. Whether the ludicrous nature of these policies becomes obvious and works to Obama's advantage remains to be seen. I'm not optimistic.

heganboy

thought this was a very interesting election, both in tactics from both republican and democrat. The level of desperation from some of the candidates in their approach in the last couple of days, and the result.

As always interpretation of the results are an art despite protestations of their science. And again TO's view above is far from a shocker, and is one shared by millions in the US. One of the most interesting comments I thought was Clinton's (Bill) about the sppeding train. In my view this president is setting the US on a much better path than it has been taking, and the results of that shift will take a while to show themselves. I would have liked to hear a republican come out a set a game plan that wasn't negative but hey, we live in hope. Going to be an interesting 2 years, I fear however there will be a preservation of the status quo when the US needs most to be retaking a leadership position in the world, Norway as the richest, most innovative countrya nd best place to live just doesnt sit right with me...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on November 03, 2010, 06:44:55 PM
thought this was a very interesting election, both in tactics from both republican and democrat. The level of desperation from some of the candidates in their approach in the last couple of days, and the result.

As always interpretation of the results are an art despite protestations of their science. And again TO's view above is far from a shocker, and is one shared by millions in the US. One of the most interesting comments I thought was Clinton's (Bill) about the sppeding train. In my view this president is setting the US on a much better path than it has been taking, and the results of that shift will take a while to show themselves. I would have liked to hear a republican come out a set a game plan that wasn't negative but hey, we live in hope. Going to be an interesting 2 years, I fear however there will be a preservation of the status quo when the US needs most to be retaking a leadership position in the world, Norway as the richest, most innovative countrya nd best place to live just doesnt sit right with me...
You have got to be pulling the piss with that statement HB...especially owing to the fact that he's now reduced us to printing money to buy back our debt,
honestly don't think I need explain to you how that'll play out  >:(
  - Walter Lippmann

Hedley Lamarr

Obama inherited an economy in decline, two wars and I think he and his advisors were naive to think they had a"magic wand" to turn things around.......as for what happens now....I don't think the results will allow for any real change.
I don't see any outstanding candidate to lead the country out of this quagmire. As of October 10, 2010, the "Total Public Debt Outstanding" was approximately 94% of annual GDP, ($13.616 Trillion).
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 03, 2010, 11:57:19 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 03, 2010, 06:44:55 PM

You have got to be pulling the piss with that statement HB...especially owing to the fact that he's now reduced us to printing money to buy back our debt,
honestly don't think I need explain to you how that'll play out  >:(

The current crisis has its roots in the creation of mortgage-backed securities by Salomon Brothers in the mid-1980s. Wall street slowly got involved (adding sub-prime mortgages) and by 2005 these were to most traded bonds. The Fed increased interest rates but thanks to the lack of regulation banks got around this by offering the first two years at low rates (often 'free' but rolled into the mortgage). This set the time-bomb to start going off in 2007 as new mortgage holders went from as little as 0.03% in year 1 and 2 to 7% and funnily enough sub-prime borrowers couldn't pay.

That was the beginning of a crash bigger than 1929 which took a decade and a world war to get over.

But TO, and the far, right blames Obama after 2 years.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Think you might have me confused with the blame Bush for everything crowd here....where did I say Obama was to blame for the bubble bust?
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 04, 2010, 05:26:07 PM
Think you might have me confused with the blame Bush for everything crowd here....where did I say Obama was to blame for the bubble bust?

Where did I say you blamed him for the bubble bust? You expect him to clear up the mess after 2 years when history suggests it will take a decade.
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 03, 2010, 11:57:19 PM
owing to the fact that he's now reduced us to printing money to buy back our debt

You know- I'm pretty sure that's been the case for quite a few years now, not since last January, and even with that are you sure that that approach is a bad one given the state of the world's economy?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

- Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/11/17/medal.of.freedom/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Washington (CNN) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is one of 15 individuals who will receive America's highest civilian honor early next year, the White House announced Wednesday.

Bush will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which is "presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors," according to a White House statement.

The other recipients of the medal will be: German Chancellor Angela Merkel; Georgia congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis; Natural Resources Defense Council co-founder John Adams; poet Maya Angelou; investor Warren Buffett; artist Jasper Johns; Holocaust survivor Gerda Weissman Klein; humanitarian activist Tom Little, who was killed in Afghanistan; cellist Yo-Yo Ma; civil rights activist Sylvia Mendez; St. Louis Cardinals baseball legend Stan Musial; Boston Celtics NBA legend Bill Russell; non-profit leader and former Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith; and AFL-CIO chief John Sweeney.

"These outstanding honorees come from a broad range of backgrounds and they've excelled in a broad range of fields, but all of them have lived extraordinary lives that have inspired us, enriched our culture, and made our country and our world a better place," Obama said in the statement. "I look forward to awarding them this honor."

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: give her dixie on November 18, 2010, 06:52:50 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/11/17/medal.of.freedom/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Washington (CNN) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is one of 15 individuals who will receive America's highest civilian honor early next year, the White House announced Wednesday.

Bush will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which is "presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors," according to a White House statement.

The other recipients of the medal will be: German Chancellor Angela Merkel; Georgia congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis; Natural Resources Defense Council co-founder John Adams; poet Maya Angelou; investor Warren Buffett; artist Jasper Johns; Holocaust survivor Gerda Weissman Klein; humanitarian activist Tom Little, who was killed in Afghanistan; cellist Yo-Yo Ma; civil rights activist Sylvia Mendez; St. Louis Cardinals baseball legend Stan Musial; Boston Celtics NBA legend Bill Russell; non-profit leader and former Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith; and AFL-CIO chief John Sweeney.

"These outstanding honorees come from a broad range of backgrounds and they've excelled in a broad range of fields, but all of them have lived extraordinary lives that have inspired us, enriched our culture, and made our country and our world a better place," Obama said in the statement. "I look forward to awarding them this honor."

I look forward to President Palin giving the award to Former President Obama.
MWWSI 2017