The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

If you want to get away with a crime in America, you have to make it a big one. Rob a bank with a gun and you'll do time. Rob a bank's customers to the tune of millions of dollars and you'll get a clip around the ear.

Captain Obvious

Doesn't say much for their family and friends by thinking that chap is telling the truth more.

Eamonnca1

Utterly pointless trying to reason with them. They simply must be defeated.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 22, 2023, 12:53:07 AM
Utterly pointless trying to reason with them. They simply must be defeated.
it's the same as the 1930s. Total polarisation. No progress.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 24, 2023, 10:12:44 AM
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1694513603251241143?s=20

The interview.

Wonder does Tucker still "hate Trump with a passion" like he was caught saying in those group texts with Hannity and the rest?

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 22, 2023, 12:09:18 AM
Doesn't say much for their family and friends by thinking that chap is telling the truth more.

It's a cult.

I'm currently way upstate in NY, and you still see some houses plastered in Trump and Gadsen flags. They're so in everyone's face with their worship of the man and the bigotry and grievance that he stands for.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2023, 01:08:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 22, 2023, 12:09:18 AM

It's a cult.

I'm currently way upstate in NY, and you still see some houses plastered in Trump and Gadsen flags. They're so in everyone's face with their worship of the man and the bigotry and grievance that he stands for.

A few years ago I drove from Rochester to Syracuse along the lakefront (parallel to I 90) then went South on 81. It was amazing to see the work that went into some of the displays

Blowitupref

215 pounds, must be long time since he weighed himself?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jell 0 Biafra

Put the other leg on the scales Donald!

Gabriel_Hurl

That's the same height and weight as Ravens QB Lamar Jackson lol

Jell 0 Biafra

How much do you reckon he'll be selling posters of that for next week?

Captain Scarlet

Will the left ever learn? They are sharing the mug shot as a meme thinking he doesn't want it
He is going to use it himself. Jon Stewart will have some monologues about Trump and it'll go viral but it's another win for Trump too.
When lefty liberals as his base and a lot of regular people attack then it boosts him.
Every media outlet played his game with the Carlson interview and the craic handing himself in.
He will be president again. And so what if that's who they want?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

He actually looks very good in it. I dont think it's anything like what people were expecting.
I watched the Tucker video. What is the man on about half the time. All he seemed to talk about was TV ratings and how his opponents are losers lol.
Did I read that he's up 25 points since the indictments started? If so they are winning the election for him.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2023, 08:21:59 AM
Jon Stewart will have some monologues about Trump and it'll go viral but it's another win for Trump too.

Jon Stewart hasn't had a TV show since before Trump's first campaign - where's he gonna have this monologue?