Not at all surprised at how things have played out

I never bought into the Red Wave

The republicans had some extremely weak candidates in some of these big states

Happy to see the election deniers soundly defeated

seafoid

"The people have voted, the bastards"

Dick Fuld

johnnycool

"Well I think if they win (the republicans) I should get all the credit, and if they lose I should not be blamed at all."

Who do you think said that?

Answers on a postcard.

whitey

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2022, 11:07:32 AM
"Well I think if they win (the republicans) I should get all the credit, and if they lose I should not be blamed at all."

Answers on a postcard.

Just talked to a big Trump supporter and they're fuming with him

"He has to go"

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2022, 11:23:58 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2022, 11:07:32 AM

Answers on a postcard.

Just talked to a big Trump supporter and they're fuming with him

"He has to go"

Well it's in their hands.

Hopefully they do the right thing.

Word is he is gearing up to announce his run next week.

Rossfan

Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2022, 04:50:52 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2022, 03:54:55 AM
A lesbian governor in Mass - can someone check in on whitey?

My issues with her have to do with criminal undocumented people not getting deported
Yes it's time all those lawless Irish were sent home to where they belong.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

The GOP candidates who failed to impress, are they generally Trump candidates or GOP candidates?

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 09, 2022, 12:42:45 PM
The GOP candidates who failed to impress, are they generally Trump candidates or GOP candidates?

At least some cases of the former (I'm sure there will be plenty of coverage which will tabulate it one way or another).

Brian Kemp cruised to winning the GA governorship again. Herschel Walker is trailing in the Senate race and is likely headed for a runn-off. Obviously a lot of Kemp voters weren't comfortable with Walker.

Shapiro wiped the floor with Doug Mastriano (who actually ran buses to the Capitol on Jan 6) in PA gov race, but Oz ran Fetterman a lot closer in the Senate race (I'm sure Fetterman lost a bit of support due to his medical issues, but Mastriano is a complete clown and there was probably a lot of vote splitting).

Even Lauren Boebert, while she'll probably pull through, is in a very tight race for her House seat.

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on November 09, 2022, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2022, 04:50:52 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2022, 03:54:55 AM
A lesbian governor in Mass - can someone check in on whitey?

My issues with her have to do with criminal undocumented people not getting deported
Yes it's time all those lawless Irish were sent home to where they belong.

If they break the law.....yes....they should be deported

whitey

OZ, Walker, Bolduc and Masters are extremely weak candidates

If it wasn't for Trump they wouldn't even be on the ballot

I would go as far as saying that Trump could end up costing the GOP 4 very winnable 'Senate seats

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2022, 02:01:12 PM

OZ, Walker, Bolduc and Masters are extremely weak candidates

If it wasn't for Trump they wouldn't even be on the ballot

I would go as far as saying that Trump could end up costing the GOP 4 very winnable 'Senate seats

If the GOP electorate (and indeed their two candidates) hadn't bought into Trump's election bullshit and hissy fit, they may well have won those two GA seats on Jan 5 2021 and Mitch McConnell would have remained Majority Leader.

J70

Looks like control of the House might actually hinge on the fact that NY passed a redistricting law in 2014 and the resulting deadlock in agreeing new maps this year threw the issue to the courts, resulting in fairly balanced, competitive districts rather than the ludicrous, gerrymandered districts elsewhere.

Means the GOP will win some competitive races here when they could have been gerrymandered out of it altogether. Same in CA.

Its a shame other states won't follow suit.

Gmac

Like I said in November 2020 desantis will be the next president .
Bad night for the gop , with fetterman oz the worst of a lot of bad races .
Hopefully trump goes away now and let's Ron get to work
The calls to charge trump with a crime will go silent now as he is the democrats best chance in 2024 .
Watch the hit jobs come at Ron now from all angles .

LeoMc

Quote from: Gmac on November 09, 2022, 03:33:15 PM
The calls to charge trump with a crime will go silent now as he is the democrats best chance in 2024 .

Was Trump not threatening a job on him if he run? " If he runs it will be bad for the Republican Party. I know more things about him than anyone except his wife"

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 09, 2022, 03:33:15 PM

1. There is NO Democrat who wants Trump to run. Some things are bigger than partisan politics. The man is a threat to democracy. That's all there is to it. And if the case is strong enough to prosecute him, then it should proceed.

2. The hit jobs apply to candidates of ALL parties, so stop whining (your party is the one who brought us Lee Atwater and his disciples and is about to launch umpteen investigations into Biden and his son under the man who torpedoed his own first attempt at becoming Speaker when he stupidly let it slip live on the news that all the Benghazi investigations were really about damaging Hillary). And DeSantis first has to win the nomination, which means it will be Trump and the rest of the GOP who will be digging initially. Remember Romney and vulture capitalism? That didn't come from the Obama campaign.