The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Never has a recording confirmed a. Man guilty of tryi g to break the law. How he can even be considered a good candidate for the presidency says alot about Americans,. Its sort of the proganda old Joseph Goebbels used to sprout and the Nazis, supporters believed anything told to them.

whitey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 08, 2022, 12:25:26 AM
Never has a recording confirmed a. Man guilty of tryi g to break the law. How he can even be considered a good candidate for the presidency says alot about Americans,. Its sort of the proganda old Joseph Goebbels used to sprout and the Nazis, supporters believed anything told to them.

The Democrats are that bad, that they actually make Trump look good (I regret to say)

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2022, 10:50:29 PM
If Trump returns can he stay on for two terms or because he's done one he can't get two more?
according to democrats democracy itself is at stake in the midterms lol , if Trump gets back in he will install himself as dictator

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 12:33:41 AM

The Democrats are that bad, that they actually make Trump look good (I regret to say)

Your as bad as MR2 claiming not to support United FFS. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Uh-huh

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 08, 2022, 01:47:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2022, 10:50:29 PM
If Trump returns can he stay on for two terms or because he's done one he can't get two more?
according to democrats democracy itself is at stake in the midterms lol , if Trump gets back in he will install himself as dictator

Nothing LOL about the GOP's "heads I win, tails you cheated" approach to elections.

Just because it personally suits you politically, for the moment, doesn't make it right.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 10:53:14 AM

Uh-huh

I've been saying it for years

The Democrats have lost all interest in improving peoples lives

Now if you are interested in a bunch of woke, bs, virtue signaling I'm sure they have a lot to offer you

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 11:46:18 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 10:53:14 AM

Uh-huh

I've been saying it for years

The Democrats have lost all interest in improving peoples lives

Now if you are interested in a bunch of woke, bs, virtue signaling I'm sure they have a lot to offer you

On the other hand, the GOP are only interested in disimproving the lives of outgroups and using fear of minorities, gays, transexuals, scientists and experts to drive up fear and loathing and perceived victimization so that they can gain power and steal elections.

See how that works?

Eire90

is woke just another internet buzz word that people rhyme and repeat funny how they call people sheep but they all seem to use the same buzzwords ohh look at me i said woke lol.

whitey

Quote from: Eire90 on November 08, 2022, 01:34:10 PM
is woke just another internet buzz word that people rhyme and repeat funny how they call people sheep but they all seem to use the same buzzwords ohh look at me i said woke lol.

Absolutely not....it's very real and actually costs Democrats big time with swing voters

I don't  know if you live here, but there is a very noisy faction of the Democratic Party who are in a constant state of agitation about everything. They're offended by things that would truly have you scratching your head. You can 100% agree with them but they'll still find something to get their knickers in a twist about

Eg-for the purposes of "equity" The Art Institute of Chicago let go all of their (volunteer) docents because they were overwhelmingly white. These (mainly) ladies has often spent decades training and educating themselves to become experts, but no that wasn't good enough for the woke mob. Keep in mind these docents would probably be 100% Democratic voters

https://www.gmtoday.com/news/illinois/chicago-s-art-institute-fired-its-volunteer-docents-and-caused-a-furor-heard-nationwide/article_bc816578-56b3-11ec-a98f-5b15c9c07dce.html

imtommygunn

;D

Yes.

I think we need a new one as well for people who get offended by "woke" people too. Does the woke woke work?

whitey

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2022, 03:02:47 PM

;D

Yes.

I think we need a new one as well for people who get offended by "woke" people too. Does the woke woke work?

Who's offended?

I think it's absolutely fantastic because it costs extremist Democrats votes

Eamonnca1

In the 1970s it was "women's lib" that was the big threat. In the 1990s it was "political correctness." Today it's "wokeness." It's just the latest pejorative name the right gives to whatever the current movement is to make people's lives better.

lenny

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 08, 2022, 05:13:43 PM

In the 1970s it was "women's lib" that was the big threat. In the 1990s it was "political correctness." Today it's "wokeness." It's just the latest pejorative name the right gives to whatever the current movement is to make people's lives better.

I sincerely hope that any decent Irish American gets out and votes democrat today especially if they have any belief in democracy.

whitey

Quote from: lenny on November 08, 2022, 08:03:23 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 08, 2022, 05:13:43 PM

I sincerely hope that any decent Irish American gets out and votes democrat today especially if they have any belief in democracy.

The Democratic Party have nothing to offer decent  Irish Americans (unless they like high crime and high taxes )

https://m.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html