The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on February 12, 2021, 03:32:22 AM
Quote from: omochain on February 12, 2021, 03:25:31 AM
You two live in an alternative Murdoch informed universe. God love the both of you.
see another hero of the left cuomo caught hiding nursing home data, he's a slimy c$nt.
God doesn't exist omochain get with your liberal program

I agree with you on Cuomo this time.

I think the original decision on nursing homes was a well-intentioned mistake in the midst of an unfolding disaster, but trying to fudge the numbers and say that they died in hospitals, when in fact they died in hospitals after getting sick while in nursing homes, is inexcusable, and, ultimately, pointless.

Its not like he wasn't getting hammered on the issue anyway, so why try to cover it up? Especially when he was otherwise being credited for a sober, realistic management of the outbreak within the state, and when the truth was always going to come out.

He is not going to be a shoo-in for re-election after all, although, as with Trump, that depends on if anyone will challenge him in the primary.

Angelo

Fair play to Biden for telling that weasel Michael Martin go stay at home.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2021, 06:30:58 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship/amp

Should be interesting to see how the NYT, WaPo and CNN handle this story

WOW

Yes, if it doesn't knock the impeachment trial and the COVID pandemic and vaccines off the front page headlines, your political worldview is safe for another while.

Gmac

The Democrats and their attack dogs in the media look like they are turning their attention to desantis in Florida now with talk of a travel ban , they need to destroy him before he gets too popular .

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 12, 2021, 07:05:52 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship/amp

WOW

Yes, if it doesn't knock the impeachment trial and the COVID pandemic and vaccines off the front page headlines, your political worldview is safe for another while.

Translation....nothing to see here. Move along please

(If a member of Trumps administration did that I can only imagine what would be said)

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2021, 07:10:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 12, 2021, 07:05:52 PM

WOW

Translation....nothing to see here. Move along please

(If a member of Trumps administration did that I can only imagine what would be said)

I didn't comment on the substance of the story at all. f**ker has been suspended without pay as of this afternoon. Good enough for him if its true.

I commented on that the fact that your only apparent motivating political belief is that the "mainstream media" is somehow unfair to Republicans and you go trawling for evidence to reinforce that so you can post it here.

Never mind that the story is up on CNN and the Post within an hour of it breaking, and a Post opinion writer was discussing the relationship as of yesterday.

And now I'm just annoyed at myself for getting sucked into taking the time to actually look into this bollocks.

whitey

I meant to ask you J70....have you read White Fragility?

Main Street

The impeachment trial is a waffle feast. The best and most succinct argument so far only took 3 seconds, 'there is no January exception'.

J70

J70

Quote from: Main Street on February 12, 2021, 07:39:19 PM
The impeachment trial is a waffle feast. The best and most succinct argument so far only took 3 seconds, 'there is no January exception'.

Especially when the party that controls the senate can refuse to bring the senate back so that they COULD deal with the issue before the president leaves office!

dec

J70

Would have been more in a secret ballot as the gutless could have voted with their conscience.

The rest are devoid of morals and decency.

sid waddell

The Democratic leadership is pure gutless

So predictable they'd cave on witnesses

Strange that a lot of people who think the Irish political system is highly corrupt are Trump lovers

If a Taoiseach got to .01% of what Trump did they'd be out

The US political system isn't remotely fit for purpose