The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 06:35:41 PM
Trump is the president - like him or loathe him.
He was voted in by the American people.

His policies on business and doing everything to keep the economy going/creating jobs are admirable (from the limited knowledge I have so bear in mind it is all IMHO).

His policies on nearly everything else including climate change/BLM etc etc are f**king disgraceful and should be roundly condemned.

I hope that isn't an attempt to come back to be as to whether a good president GIVEN his position on race? You will be back to me later (in the interests of debate and exercising your freedom of speech) on that no doubt?

I would have the gravest doubts about his mastery of economics and whether he deserves any credit in that regard. Hard to prove either way though

Trump is President. Nobody doubts that. He was elected via the current rules. Nobody doubts that. He was elected by a majority of the electorate or even those who voted. Nobody can doubt that. He is the President, properly in position under the rules but does not and did not have majority popular support. Not a complaint. Just a statement of fact

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 02, 2020, 07:28:52 AM
Some people on twitter really not covering themselves in any glory with their reactions either.
Fake victimhood ahoy

Taylor

Quote from: LCohen on October 02, 2020, 09:03:16 AM

His policies on business and doing everything to keep the economy going/creating jobs are admirable (from the limited knowledge I have so bear in mind it is all IMHO).

His policies on nearly everything else including climate change/BLM etc etc are f**king disgraceful and should be roundly condemned.

I hope that isn't an attempt to come back to be as to whether a good president GIVEN his position on race? You will be back to me later (in the interests of debate and exercising your freedom of speech) on that no doubt?

I would have the gravest doubts about his mastery of economics and whether he deserves any credit in that regard. Hard to prove either way though

Trump is President. Nobody doubts that. He was elected via the current rules. Nobody doubts that. He was elected by a majority of the electorate or even those who voted. Nobody can doubt that. He is the President, properly in position under the rules but does not and did not have majority popular support. Not a complaint. Just a statement of fact

Not sure what this means?

And again the snide remark about You will be back to me later (in the interests of debate and exercising your freedom of speech) towards anyone who doesnt lambast Trump at every opportunity.

You couldnt make this shit up  ;D  ;D

LCohen

Quote from: Taylor on October 02, 2020, 10:35:13 AM

And again the snide remark about You will be back to me later (in the interests of debate and exercising your freedom of speech) towards anyone who doesnt lambast Trump at every opportunity.

I invited you to debate Trump in the context of his race position. You don't have to lambaste him. Feel free to defend him if that how you feel on him and race?

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 02, 2020, 07:28:52 AM
This was inevitable I suppose. Think about the amount of people they would meet everyday. Same as boris.
He's a big age, and wouldn't exactly be a picture of good health, so there's always the danger this puts him out of action for a while. It's exactly 2 weeks to the second debate, hard to see that going ahead as planned now.
Expect to see Mike Pence do alot of heavy lifting in the next 2 weeks.

Some people on twitter really not covering themselves in any glory with their reactions either.

Trump is owed zero respect and sympathy on this given his self-serving campaign to downplay and deny the seriousness and extent of the disease and his political interference in the scientific and public health field trying to address it.

He's usually the very first one gloating and throwing around the insults on Twitter anyway.

Rossfan

So Covid wasn't killed off by Easter in the U.S.
If only they'd drank bleach.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Quote from: LCohen on October 02, 2020, 10:58:01 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 02, 2020, 10:35:13 AM

I invited you to debate Trump in the context of his race position. You don't have to lambaste him. Feel free to defend him if that how you feel on him and race?

I asked what the bit in bold meant as it made zero sense to me.

Who brought race into it or who mentioned defending him on race?

I think that is what you are asking

Main Street

Could be a stunt to rescue the doomed campaign to get relected. After a few days he'll  be up bouncing about calling himself supertrump.
Gone from supertramp to supertrump in 7 days. Other than that, all he has got left to rescue his campaign is a madness, the unpredictable threat of the disparate indisciplined ultra right armed thugs.
Trump alleged covid positive, remains in the fake news cubby hole unless he gets seriously sick.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2020, 01:06:37 PM
Could be a stunt to rescue the doomed campaign to get relected. After a few days he'll  be up bouncing about calling himself supertrump.
Gone from supertramp to supertrump in 7 days. Other than that, all he has got left to rescue his campaign is a madness, the unpredictable threat of the disparate indisciplined ultra right armed thugs.
Trump alleged covid positive, remains in the fake news cubby hole unless he gets seriously sick.

He's completely delusional if he or his associates think that him catching and being lucky enough to beat COVID is something he could boast about. It would also be incredibly offensive to the families of the 210K people who have died in the US, never mind those who have survived with chronic health effects.

There's no upside for him with this news. It was only a few nights ago that he was mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask, something he has done a number of times before. He and his idiotic followers have held a number of events in recent weeks where basically no one was wearing masks, despite them all being huddled in together in close proximity. He's been implicated in the past week as the leading source of COVID misinformation in the US. Now its all come back to bite him on his substantial arse and he looks like a fool.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on October 02, 2020, 01:21:18 PM

He's completely delusional if he or his associates think that him catching and being lucky enough to beat COVID is something he could boast about. It would also be incredibly offensive to the families of the 210K people who have died in the US, never mind those who have survived with chronic health effects.

There's no upside for him with this news. It was only a few nights ago that he was mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask, something he has done a number of times before. He and his idiotic followers have held a number of events in recent weeks where basically no one was wearing masks, despite them all being huddled in together in close proximity. He's been implicated in the past week as the leading source of COVID misinformation in the US. Now its all come back to bite him on his substantial arse and he looks like a fool.
His diagnosis could be faked.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2020, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 02, 2020, 01:21:18 PM

His diagnosis could be faked.

To what end though?

RedHand88

q

Or maybe, maybe he actually has caught it like a huge number of world leaders and people who come in contact with alot of others.
Put the tinfoil hat away!  ;D

Jell 0 Biafra

I take it you're missing a 'not' in the bolded part LC?

smelmoth

Have a look QAnon today.

Frightening stuff. If Trump cannot make a clear statement that those guys are moon howlers then where is his credibility?

J70

Quote from: smelmoth on October 02, 2020, 02:30:51 PM
Have a look QAnon today.

Frightening stuff. If Trump cannot make a clear statement that those guys are moon howlers then where is his credibility?

Apparently people are now posting QAnon nonsense on their LinkedIn profiles.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/qanon-lands-on-linkedin-prompting-networking-site-to-limit-spread-11601643600

What kind of clueless moron do you have to be to do that, even if you do subscribe to their half-baked nonsense?

If I'm looking to hire someone, get hired, or just discussing some professional matter on LinkedIn, if you indicate publicly that you're a QAnon enthusiast, your credibility has just gone up in smoke. No f**king way I'm giving you a second glance on any professional basis.