The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 08:55:05 PM
J70-delegitimize Trump and cause chaos in early days of new administration

LOL-the person who would have been responsible for the fight back would have been Flynn

Again, it all comes back to Michael Lewis' book and the chaos that ensued in the early days of the new administration

Again, what would be the point? He was going to be president for four years, at least. I don't see how it would benefit Obama if things got off to a rocky start for Trump (as it turned out, its not as if he needed help anyway).

But, WTF do I know? We'll see what becomes of it. At this point I'm not seeing much.

You're very naive

Some of his staff said on Inauguration Day-the resistance begins today

"UN Ambassador Samantha Power

Changing twitter accounts in 6 days when Donald Trump enters the Oval. Follow me
@SamanthaJPower
. We are not going gently into the night."

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 09:56:26 PM

LOL-the person who would have been responsible for the fight back would have been Flynn

Again, it all comes back to Michael Lewis' book and the chaos that ensued in the early days of the new administration

Again, what would be the point? He was going to be president for four years, at least. I don't see how it would benefit Obama if things got off to a rocky start for Trump (as it turned out, its not as if he needed help anyway).

But, WTF do I know? We'll see what becomes of it. At this point I'm not seeing much.

You're very naive

Some of his staff said on Inauguration Day-the resistance begins today

"UN Ambassador Samantha Power

Changing twitter accounts in 6 days when Donald Trump enters the Oval. Follow me
@SamanthaJPower
. We are not going gently into the night."

I would expect any opposition party to work to resist a diametrically opposed successor.

That doesn't mean framing people.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2020, 06:33:46 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2020, 06:00:12 PM
Circuit court orders lower court to dismiss charges against Michael Flynn.
and according to new fbi notes disclosed Obama was all over this .

Meaning...??
US justice is totally fucked. Ruling made by a lackey judge installed specifically to corrupt the justice system.

Carl Schmitt "justice" is not justice. It's a fascist power grab by a fascist regime. Call it what it is.

Flynn is openly a foreign agent and was installed as National Security Adviser to undermine US national security for the benefit of Russia and Turkey.

Gmac

he wouldn't be president for four years if they got their way,  Obama and Flynn were on completely different wave lengths when it came to the Middle East and Russia, having Flynn in foreign policy would have meant a reversal of Obama's policies which happened anyway.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2020, 11:19:55 PM

he wouldn't be president for four years if they got their way,  Obama and Flynn were on completely different wave lengths when it came to the Middle East and Russia, having Flynn in foreign policy would have meant a reversal of Obama's policies which happened anyway.
Democrats rolled over for Trump. That's the reality. When a fascist regime is installed, you fight against them with all your might from before day 1 and then keep going until they're buried into the dirt where they belong. You go to f**king war.

The Democrats and the normality-biased establishment across the whole of US politics, media, law enforcement and civic society didn't do that. They were unbelievably soft on Trump. They let him away with bloody murder. It was massive institutional failure at all levels.

Which is why the US has what it now has - open fascism - which will result in a fixed, banana republic or Russian type "election" where Trump, who in a fair election would lose comfortably, will "win".

And people will act surprised, when it's f**king obvious what's going to happen.

sid waddell

US Covid cases are back up to record levels.

Failure is not a strong enough word, and it isn't even applicable, as failure implies good faith on the part of Trump, when malice is the guiding force.

What is not very much commented on is the total and utter disdain Trump has for the health of his own supporters by scheduling these fascist rallies. It's disgusting.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 24, 2020, 11:25:11 PM

Democrats rolled over for Trump. That's the reality. When a fascist regime is installed, you fight against them with all your might from before day 1 and then keep going until they're buried into the dirt where they belong. You go to f**king war.

The Democrats and the normality-biased establishment across the whole of US politics, media, law enforcement and civic society didn't do that. They were unbelievably soft on Trump. They let him away with bloody murder. It was massive institutional failure at all levels.

Which is why the US has what it now has - open fascism - which will result in a fixed, banana republic or Russian type "election" where Trump, who in a fair election would lose comfortably, will "win".

And people will act surprised, when it's f**king obvious what's going to happen.

He won the election you clown.

That's what the Democrats don't see to understand or accept

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 11:54:01 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 24, 2020, 11:25:11 PM

He won the election you clown.

That's what the Democrats don't see to understand or accept
More pathetic gaslighting that what is happening in the US isn't fascism.

You gaslight because you support fascism.

whitey

Sid-When you take your citizenship exam you learn that the Electoral College elects the President of the United States

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 20, 2020, 10:40:56 PM
2020 winner:

Trump 8/13
Sanders 4/1
Bloomberg 9/1
Biden 20/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 05:25:27 PM
Trump: 8/13
Sanders: 7/2 (3.5/1)
Bloomberg: 8/1
Biden: 22/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 01:00:17 AM
Sanders: 3/1
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 25/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 25, 2020, 04:56:59 AM
Sanders: 29/10 (2.9/1)
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 28/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 27, 2020, 08:43:14 PM
Bloomberg: 12/1
Biden: 12/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 28, 2020, 06:17:47 PM
Sanders: 10/3 (3.3/1)
Biden: 9/1
Bloomberg: 12/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 02, 2020, 06:30:02 AM
Trump: 4/6
Biden: 13/2 (6.5/1)
Bloomberg: 16/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2020, 01:35:58 AM
Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 09, 2020, 05:45:48 PM
Trump: 10/11
Biden: 6/4
Sanders: 18/1

Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 11, 2020, 05:04:22 PM
Trump: 10/11 (1/1.1)
Biden: 13/10 (1.3/1)
Sanders: No longer in the top 4

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 12, 2020, 07:36:24 PM
Trump: 1/1
Biden: 15/13
Sanders: 50/1
Deval Patrick: 50/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 13, 2020, 08:04:29 PM
Trump: 11/10
Biden: 11/10
Sanders: 33/1
Deval Patrick: 33/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
Mike Pence: 33/1
Sanders: 40/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 24, 2020, 08:17:15 PM
Trump: 1/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 17, 2020, 09:59:06 PM
Trump: 10/11
Biden: 5/4

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 30, 2020, 10:18:38 PM
Trump 1/1
Biden 5/4

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 31, 2020, 09:54:28 PM
Trump: 11/10 (1.1/1)
Biden: 15/13 (1.15/1)

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2020, 05:23:36 PM
Biden 11/10 (1.1/1)

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 02, 2020, 11:37:28 PM
Biden: 1/1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 03, 2020, 05:24:59 PM
Biden: 19/20

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 09, 2020, 05:26:13 AM
Biden: 10/11
Trump: 5/4 (1.25/1)

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 11, 2020, 12:01:16 AM
Biden: 7/8
Trump: 5/4 (1.25/1)

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 22, 2020, 09:02:36 PM

Biden: 14/19
Trump: 6/4 (1.5/1)

Biden: 8/11
Trump: 13/8 (1.625/1)

J70

So how would that work? Frame Flynn and Trump is not president? Which would make.... Mike Pence president...

sid waddell

Fascism is about playing out the clock.

That's what Trump is doing.

Democrats are like Man City holding the ball in the corner against Liverpool in 1996 when they needed to score again to avoid relegation.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1275919150808875009

Chairman Nadler, asked about the possibility of impeaching William Barr: "We're looking into that, we may very well."

https://twitter.com/olgaNYC1211/status/1275929485897056256

By the time its decided whether Barr should be impeached Obama's former admin officials including Biden will be dealing w sham prosecutions. That's how it works in Russia and other regimes. Opposition is removed

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 25, 2020, 12:06:03 AM

Biden: 8/11
Trump: 13/8 (1.625/1)
None of that takes into account hacking of election systems and vote falsification. Biden will need to be 15 points in front and in a position where networks can confidently call states for him from exit polls alone.

In 2000, 2004 and 2016, networks were confidently predicting Democratic wins early in the night before each time the Republican candidates mysteriously turned things around.

whitey

If the Democrats don't get out in front of this, they are going to pay for it in November

PD Officers Surrounded and Assaulted by Hostile Crowd While Attempting to Arrest Resistant Suspect Armed with a Loaded Firearm in Roxbury
June 24, 2020
DSCN0009.JPG
At about 5:40 PM on Tuesday June 23, 2020, officers assigned to District B-2 (Roxbury) made an on-site firearm arrest in the area of Humboldt Avenue and Crawford Street. 

Officers responded to a radio call for a person in the area of Maple Street and Cheney Street carrying a fanny pack with a gun inside.   

While traveling on Cheney Street towards Blue Hill Avenue, officers observed a male carrying a fanny pack around his left shoulder. Officers exited their marked cruiser to speak with the male, later identified as Jermaine Thomas, 44, of Mattapan. 

Due to the nature of the call a large crowd gathered in the area. Officers attempted to gain control of the suspects hands at which time the suspect immediately grabbed the officer's wrist and began squeezing it. As officers struggled to gain control, the suspect ripped his hands away and continued to resist by clinching his arms and pushing at officers causing a Body Worn Camera to be knocked off and picked up by an unknown bystander. 

As the crowd grew larger, a Boston Fire Department hydrant was illegally opened causing a heavy flow of water pressure onto the street directed at the officers.     

Officers, while still attempting to place the male into handcuffs, felt an object consistent with that of a firearm inside of the fanny pack.  An unknown suspect was throwing buckets of water on the officers while they were attempting to place the suspect into the marked cruiser after placing him in handcuffs. Officers recovered a Ruger LCR .38 SPL revolver, loaded with 5 Rounds of  ammunition. The suspect was placed under arrest and immediately transported to District B-2 for booking.   

Jermaine Thomas was charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (3rd and Subsequent), Unlawful Possession of Ammunition and Resisting Arrest. He is expected to be arraigned at Roxbury District Court.

Said Boston Police Commissioner William Gross, "I'm alarmed by the level of hostility my officers had to face while arresting a felon armed with an illegal firearm. They were attacked by members of the very same community they were attempting to protect by affecting this arrest. Public safety is a shared responsibility, we need to continue to work together, not in opposition towards one another, to achieve that goal."

J70

Get out in front of what, exactly?